Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say P2; absolutely love what they did with the armor, specifically his bio. It just shows that Predators might have gotten hand-me-downs or have armor-making workshops on their ships (since the P2 armor is beat-down and the Pred who wore it was still a youngblood). They technically spend tens to hundreds of years on their hunting trips, if you were judging the time from their planet. Certain Pred attire would become obsolete very soon if it was taken on an inter-stellar hunt. But yeah, the bio is absolutely gorgeous. Simple, no fancy gears and knobs (although I LOVE Falconer, Celtic, and Gort), yet we get a fresh ancient/Aztec-like take on the beast. Different and similar, all at the same time -- the makings of a good Predator design.

P1. The original will always be the best. Not to mention it's a Stan Winston creation, with a few suggestions from Jim Cameron. Gotta' respect the roots of it all, gentlemen.

T2 related...

My GF just asked why the T-1000 didn't make himself look like Arnie in the refinery while the T-800's arm was stuck in the cog.

That way, the T-1000 could get close to both Sarah and John and terminate the both of them easy. Hmm... seems even better than the Sarah Conner disguise IMO.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I'm not even going to answer that question. Instead, I'll take this opportunity to point out what an awesome GF you must have :D.

Heh, heh. Anyhow, to answer your question, I think I recall Arnold telling John that it can't copy complex machinery (which the T-800 is).

He would have had to mimic the battle-damage and maybe thats a little too specific for the T-1000? His touch cannot pick up on things like that? Perhaps recreating the elaborate surface detail of the T-800s exposed metal parts would be beyond the T-1000 aswell as his inability to form its working moving parts.

The real reason of course is simply that Cameron wanted no confusion during the climactic scenes of the film and it would have meant a reduced role for Robert Patrick and he had earned getting to play it himself to the very end.

So guys who is your favourite Pred design over all?

Without the mask (just the creature): P1

Mask and Armor on: P2

Weapons: Wolf was pretty cool in Requiem.

Overall: the appearance of the Elder Predator in P2, that was quite a nice twist to the end. :)

Without the mask (just the creature): P1

Mask and Armor on: P2

Weapons: Wolf was pretty cool in Requiem.

Overall: the appearance of the Elder Predator in P2, that was quite a nice twist to the end. :)

I agree with everyone of your points! :D

Apart from the first movie and some of the second movie, my Predator knowledge is very limited.
So who decides the Predators names, are they in the credits? And do the Predators call each other by their names in the comics?

Apart from the first movie and some of the second movie, my Predator knowledge is very limited.
So who decides the Predators names, are they in the credits? And do the Predators call each other by their names in the comics?

Sometimes the fans and sometime novelizations of the movie.

I apologize if this has been asked before in here, but I really don't want to look through 144 pages to see if someone else asked, but:

What justifies the naming of the different predators? The one that bugs me the most is the main pred from Predator 2, which I often see called "Lost" Predator. I never thought that Predator was lost in that film, especially with the ship full of preds hiding under the city. I also don't get "Celtic" or "Wolf".

I apologize if this has been asked before in here, but I really don't want to look through 144 pages to see if someone else asked, but:

What justifies the naming of the different predators? The one that bugs me the most is the main pred from Predator 2, which I often see called "Lost" Predator. I never thought that Predator was lost in that film, especially with the ship full of preds hiding under the city. I also don't get "Celtic" or "Wolf".

No no the P2 predator was never called the Lost Predator. The Lost Predators are the group that appear at the end of P2. Hot Toys sorta screwed with this by naming an individual from this group 'the Lost Predator' which has now retroactively become a rather bizarre name for him considering the new 'Guardian' Predator they've made. Guardian sounds like a title, but if thats the case what the hell kind of title is 'Lost'??

The main Predator in P2 is often referred to as the City hunter...or indeed the P2 Predator.

Celtic and Wolf were possibly fan-named as such very early on in their respective existances since all associated toys bore those names. 'Celtic' refers to the appearance of the Celtics biomask I believe while the 'Wolf' Predator is possibly a referance to Mr. Wolf (harvey keitel) in Pulp Fiction. His role was to clean up a mess just like the Predator in AvP:Requiem.

Celtic and Wolf were possibly fan-named as such very early on in their respective existances since all associated toys bore those names. 'Celtic' refers to the appearance of the Celtics biomask I believe while the 'Wolf' Predator is possibly a referance to Mr. Wolf (harvey keitel) in Pulp Fiction. His role was to clean up a mess just like the Predator in AvP:Requiem.

Yea Wolf is referred to Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction. But I remember reading that it was named by the staff on the film. As for Celtic, I believe all the Predator names in AVP could be found in the novelization of the movie. My info was what I read from different sources awhile back. Don't remember how much of that is actually correct and could be proven. Thought I'd throw in what I (sorta) know.

The Production team usually names the Preds as they design them

Wolf: He was a cleaner, like Pulp Fiction Harveys character

Celtic: The design of his bio looks like a Celtic warrior design

Scar: Obviously when he SCAR's himself

Chopper: The big arm blades

Back