Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't the Predator get seriously injured or killed when he was struck by lightning in Predator 2 while standing on the rooftop with his spear in the air?

I love his answer.

Say he's chargin is lasor.

Laser. I like that answer better. I know the true answer is that they did it because it's a movie and they thought it looked cool, but a part of the fun of this thread is nerdy questions about weird stuff from the movies like how and why the Predator heats up his blades in the first movie with his laser sights. That's the reason I asked the question in the first place, for fun.

Cinematically, it was awesome. But there was also a scene in P2 where he charged his energy from a neon billboard. I think he's impervious to these kinds of energy because he uses it.

Cinematically, it was awesome. But there was also a scene in P2 where he charged his energy from a neon billboard. I think he's impervious to these kinds of energy because he uses it.

Maybe his suit absorbs the shock and converts it to pure power?

She was Ms. Yutani, the owner of the Yutani corporation. In the first AVP, we met Weyland, the owner of Weyland Industries.

The Company in the future Alien movies is Weyland-Yutani Corp., a partership between the two, co-created after discovering evidence of Alien life and Predator space-travel technology.

Right. Just the bit at the end really threw me off.

"The world is not ready for this technology" Yutani

"But this is not for our world is it" other dude

Does that mean Yuntani are dealing with other alien races?

According to Aliens: Original Sin (a really bad book by the way) yes Wayland-Yutani & earths government apparently made a deal with the space jockeys race for some nonsensical nefarious reasons:cuckoo:.

I always thought it meant that they'll use the Pred technology to master the art of space travel, which enables them to team up with Weyland Industries and terraform planets, and thus become the corporate giant and ruler of all, known in the Alien films as... the Company.:thud:

I always thought it meant that they'll use the Pred technology to master the art of space travel, which enables them to team up with Weyland Industries and terraform planets, and thus become the corporate giant and ruler of all, known in the Alien films as... the Company.:thud:

I like that a lot better. Nice new sig dude. Everyone here knows when you get a new toy. :lol

I actually don't have that figure :) (and based on the horror stories I've read, never will). I just started a new sig group devoted to HT Aliens and used my fave for myself. Want a sig and avatar? We've still got four spots open -- Big Chap, Dog Alien, AVP Alien Warrior, and AVP-R Alien Warrior.

Having that said, I'll totally be rockin' a new sig when I get my HT Falconer :rock. Y'know, whenever that'll be. Fingers crossed that we'll get to PO the new Preds by the end of the summer, so I can have three new HT figures shipped to me on Christmas. That'll mark the best year of my high school career. I'm taking AP Biology this year... so I've gotta make this summer and every damn vacation of 2010-2011 awesome.

Last edited:
What horror stories have you heard. I've been considering getting that Alien since it one off the few that I can still find for a reasonable price.

What horror stories have you heard. I've been considering getting that Alien since it one off the few that I can still find for a reasonable price.

Breaking joints (especially the ankle and knees), peeling paint, and the infamous torn rubber (the rubber skin literally tearing apart). It gets pretty bad for some, and the lucky ones just get away with one of the above. The Aliens line is the most infamous for that.

Breaking joints (especially the ankle and knees), peeling paint, and the infamous torn rubber (the rubber skin literally tearing apart). It gets pretty bad for some, and the lucky ones just get away with one of the above. The Aliens line is the most infamous for that.

Which one is the best because I really want to add an Alien to my collection.

Back