Aliens Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a big fan of the A3 look, I'm more attached to the anatomy and and maneurisms of the A1 and A2 creatures. My absolute favorite look is ALIENS dome with the ridges, so now I have THE diorama for me, but certainly if others look cool and they fit in the budget I'll be picking them up.

Im very eager to see the Predator Dioramas, they will be a test for sideshow man. No company i can think of at this size in my opinion has done an AWESOME predator paint up, they are quite harder to paint compared to the Aliens.

I have faith in Sideshow's painting ability with the Predators, the fine detailing and highlight in the ALIENS warrior in the dio is just astonishing, even more to it than the ALIEN.

I hope your right bro, all you gotta do is look at the Palisades prototypes and look at the final product of Predator pieces YUK. Sideshow have a better track record and hopefully its all good, do sideshow paint and assemble in the US ? or send the proto to Asia like the rest of the companies?

I hope your right bro, all you gotta do is look at the Palisades prototypes and look at the final product of Predator pieces YUK. Sideshow have a better track record and hopefully its all good, do sideshow paint and assemble in the US ? or send the proto to Asia like the rest of the companies?

Sideshow makes the proto here, ships that overseas, then goes through a series of production samples from the factory and then approves the final look for the production run.

I'm mixed on thoughts about variation between proto and production on the ALIENS dio for the goo issue, but I will say, in the mini busts, LS busts, dios, etc that I've gotten from them, they've all lived up to the proto but for Spidey's symbol not being black, but the overall quality is still there. Some pieces are even better than proto, like the LS Rambo bust, but they do a great job on their statues.

Cool man, but the Goo on the back of the statue instead of the front is suspect man. I cant really think of a reason why they would do that

Cool man, but the Goo on the back of the statue instead of the front is suspect man. I cant really think of a reason why they would do that

Well, again, I'm mixed on it and don't want to comment on it too much.. I think because it's all metallic paint, it'll react under different lighting, but what I saw of mine today in the lighting of my office didn't look anything like the pictures of poor paint apps posted here, so I want to try and recreate those lighting conditions with mine to test it out. I also think the lighting in the SSC pics makes the distinction between good and the metal stronger, the warrior came out much darker than the SSC pics leads you to expect, but that's a good thing. I'm also curious if that curved forearm is really curved that bad or if it's the camera cuz mine's just like the prototype.

Phew, maybe there was just a few bad ones in the bunch man, well the goo could always be touched up on the front if that is the case

EDIT - Actually looking at the photos the arm looks bendy only from one angel in yours and Sabres pics, it looks normal from all other angles

Last edited:
Lighting plays tricks on the arm too. I found that the way the knees are and the arms and all, light gets through from some angles in a way that gives a curvier look than it really has. I love that this one has a slimier shine to it, the ALIEN is a bit matte, still looks great, I think it's better for that one anyway.

Oh so this piece does shine? i thought it was just camera lighting. I was intending on adding some Game Workshop citadel arcdcoat gloss varnish to protect the paint and make it look shiny :)

Ya it's got a good shine to it, almost looks like glass work in the smoother areas, quite something, Im surprised photos don't show it much, I was worried I'd end up with all sorts of glares.

Thats awesome man, it just made me happy to hear that, Sabres pics shows some really good shine to the piece. It has to look slimey man

Ya, it is a great piece, and if I find that my slime has the same look in the same lighting, then I'd say it's still a good piece because in average lighting it just all has that dull, one tone look of the ALIENS environments, especially SL3 which this pieces seems to draw reference from as there was no elements like the base in the med lab assault.

For those curious about the scale of these dios, here's a shot of ALIEN and ALIENS with my Hicks and HT ALIENS Warrior.

F.jpg

Yeah, the dios are about 12" tall, and compared to 1/6 HT, I'd say the Aliens in them are about 1/8 or 1/9 scale. With the right shelf and perspective tricks, the ALIENS dio could go behind Hicks and look in scale and impressive.

Thanks for the photos, MaulFan!

I just received my Alien dio and got charged for the Aliens one, and I can't be happier with this line. I'll be wall-mounting them, and I think I'll stick with the three that have been announced so far -- plus the Queen, should they ever make one.

My only Alien collectibles, and they're beautiful.

One thing, though -- this is the terraforming station hive environment, not the med lab. Right?

Ya, the ALIENS environmental piece is influenced by the basement area where the Alien hive is setup on Sub-Level 3, which is why they sculpted Alien-esque goo and deformity on the mechanical piece.

Back