Aliens Comic Books (Opinions and Reviews)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like Dorman's.
But, it's almost TOO "busy". Too many spikes and stuff coming off of it.

I really love alot of the concept maquettes that were done for AvP:R.
Most of them were better than what we got.

But, I like dreds on my Predaliens too.

I dont see the point of the dreads. The mandibles, yes. They could actually assist in the Alien's lifecycle...somehow. But dreads? Thats like if the Alien 3 Alien had fur. Useless to it's biological design.

Sorry...i'm an Alien nerd. I love my Alien, and I hate to see it become something incredibly lame.

I dont see the point of the dreads. The mandibles, yes. They could actually assist in the Alien's lifecycle...somehow. But dreads? Thats like if the Alien 3 Alien had fur. Useless to it's biological design.

Sorry...i'm an Alien nerd. I love my Alien, and I hate to see it become something incredibly lame.

I'm an Alien nerd too, and I've heard the "Alien 3/fur" analogy before.

My argument is that why do we assume that the Preds dreads are hair or even the Pred equivalent? Our hair is meant to keep us warm. A Pred's home planet is supposed to be VERY hot. Why would they need any type of hair like structure? Maybe they're used for something else.

Yeah, I know what they look like, but that doesn't mean they have the same genetic structure. If the Predalien is pulling genetic bits and pieces from a Pred...why NOT the dreads?

Again, it's all conjecture as the dreads are added just to give it more Predator qualities by the artists.

I'm an Alien nerd too, and I've heard the "Alien 3/fur" analogy before.

My argument is that why do we assume that the Preds dreads are hair or even the Pred equivalent? Our hair is meant to keep us warm. A Pred's home planet is supposed to be VERY hot. Why would they need any type of hair like structure? Maybe they're used for something else.

Yeah, I know what they look like, but that doesn't mean they have the same genetic structure. If the Predalien is pulling genetic bits and pieces from a Pred...why NOT the dreads?

Again, it's all conjecture as the dreads are added just to give it more Predator qualities by the artists.

Because the dreads have to be braided by a barber, that's why ;) Can you imagine the pred-alien getting braided in Requiem before starting his hunt ;) Maybe it should be in the deleted scenes because it would be pretty hard to braid it yourself.

I dunno. They dont do anything for the Alien. The alien doesnt get hot, or cold. It doesnt feel anything...other then pain I suppose. Which is why it can live anywhere. Space, the ocean, the artic, the desert, the Alien is quite versitile.

Yeah, ALIENS: PIG was good.

As for AvP stuff...who can forget ALIENS vs PREDATOR: DUEL

avpd1.jpg
avpd2.jpg

Hold on, I think I missed that one :horror

Looks like Chris Warner artwork (which is a good thing), is this mini worth tracking down?

2. ALIENS: LABYRINTH = Again, AMAZING art (one my favorite Alien designs) and a killer story. As CP said above, the whole story of what happens inside an Alien hive is disturbing and fascinating.

Agreed, Killian Plunket's art is fantastic, I really love how he takes the best traits of the original Giger design (like the head and face), puts in the really thin, skeletal frame of the Aliens and A3 puppets and gives them very dynamic movements.
Awesome stuff.

i recommend the aliens mini-series. its 4 parts and is a better sequel to Aliens than Alien 3 was.
heres a pic of one of the covers.
https://funnybookfanatic.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/aliens1.jpg
nah. Alien 3 actually tried to do something different with the story. Nightmare Asylum turned into a rehash of Aliens. the Beauvais art was beautiful though. really, the best Alien comics overall were the Labyrinth comics. Nightmare Asylum was a distant 2nd. none of the other Alien comics are worth mentioning. Dark Horse really knew how to milk a license until there's nothing cool left to do with it.

Have you read Alchemy, Salvation and Sacrifice?
Those are three fantastic stories IMHO. Each very very different from the others.

He's talking about the main 3 Aliens stories. With Hicks, and Newt, later changed to Billie and Wilks. That confused me so much because they kept making refrences to LV-426...and Ripley....what?

Aside from Nightmare Asylum's comic, they were boooring. Alien 3 was better. They did something ballsy, and daring. I dont know if I want to see more bugs. I want the scary space rapist back....

Hold on, I think I missed that one :horror

Looks like Chris Warner artwork (which is a good thing), is this mini worth tracking down?

First apperance of Pred-Alien = Epic moment in history!

Worth getting if you can! Some nice artwork going on :rock

First apperance of Pred-Alien = Epic moment in history!

Worth getting if you can! Some nice artwork going on :rock

Actually, the first appearance of the Predalien was a painting done by Dave Dorman.

Dorman painted his in '92.
DUEL was done in '95.

PREDALIEN2.jpg

Back