Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an owner of the 1/1 piece, I'm torn by this.

The price is nice for the size and it would look good elsewhere (away from my 1/1 pieces). But I was (erronously) looking forward to a different pose. The first pic released made it look like it would be angled "upward" a bit, which would be a fresh new look as opposed to just "straight", and it would have better hidden the fact that there are no back tubes, (which I *could* make if I was so inclined to).

Decisions... decisions... :dunno

If anyone could do a wicked custom piece it's you kaijuboy :)
Now I have seen the full reveal I see a lot of differences to the 1:1 I have. Not deal breakers or anything, the main one is the shoulders are huge, the head looks much thicker at the back and where pipes on the sides of the head start and finish are different.
My enthusiasm has died off and I'm going to stick with 1:1. For now anyway, there's no rush.

they dont have a size chart up with the P1, unless someone can PS one next to it, that be great.

but for those planning to display it next to the "1/5th" statue's, here

aliens_zps9d5c8717.png

Did you saw guys the 'Palm view' at Sideshow's site??

11bp1dj.jpg

I hope this is wrong.. :slap

Holy S...! I was 80% sure I was going to order one of these until the size was announced. If that is 1/2 size suddenly those Aliens don't seem very menacing and Hicks, Hudson and Newt were just big ol' crybabies.

Way way overpriced...

BB

Unfortunately its probably too late. To go back and change them now they would probably suffer a big loss. So I doubt it will happen.. Sucks.. Oh well I pre ordered it, if I don't like it I will just return it...
At least the engineer is 22"...

Don't trust Sideshows' size guides, they can't even use a tape measure half of the time. That palm reference is laughably wrong.

Scale is good, sculpt is awesome. I'll get this for sure.

Don't trust Sideshows' size guides, they can't even use a tape measure half of the time. That palm reference is laughably wrong.

agree, I dont trust the scale tools in their website. beside, sideshow confirmed on their FB page that this indeed 1/2 scale, now does sideshow ever lie to us? :p

Okay, I've had a night to think about it. I can just about live with the size if SS really nail the paint, the picture Deadleaves posted above next to the P1 makes it look better than any of the crappy reference pictures SS have put up for sure. I really think what they should have done is included the tubes on his back to add bulk and tilted his head up as the preview picture suggested was the case. This would have added a couple of inches of height and made it look even more aggressive.

The other thing is, given its size, this thing is way over priced!!! It needs to be spot on paint wise and have a low ES to make up for it... but anyone that believes either of those scenarios is a more optimistic person than I. I maintain it looks great, but as ever with SS...there is always something!

Again, when you look at them head on, vertically an Alien head isn't that much bigger when compared to a human head. The best example is this pic here.

That picture is irrelevant as it is the dog alien.. an even smaller species. We need a decent picture of the warrior, I'll stick the blu ray on later and try to grab some screens.

Keep in mind Big Chap will also be about 22-24" in length by that ratio. All rough guesses, but likely close!

To be honest, this Warrior bust looks like the perfect type of piece to sit on a desk and look fantastic.

Actually the 1:1 big chap is exactly the same length as the 1:1 warrior alien so expect him to be 18" as well if that is what they are basing these on... I agree though, this warrior should look great sat on a pc desk for example.

I honestly think the P2 LSB is too big anyway and had problems with that initially. The Warrior LSB looks pretty good with the P1 LSB. Still a little small, but much better IMO than paired with P2.

:goodpost:

HAHAHA so true about the tape meaure, I found a few things wrong on their site.

AlienBustSizeComp01.png~original

Scale looks good to me, the Pred a has a massive noggin..

Just use a riser if you want more height.

Thanks for sizing the pics getting tho's apples the same size..scale looks ight with p1...p2 is hugely domed!! As for price I think it's fair enough the warrior sculpt looks very detailed and considering length..a lot of ploystone in this piece. Compared to p1 that was 3fitty$ if I recall

Back