Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL this is why I don't trust these scale comparison tools very much.
The guys who saw the big chap at SDCC thought it's 1/2 and not too small. if big chap and the warrior were based on the same scale (whatever scale that is) it should be close to 1/2.

:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

Someone's having a laugh here.

Who compared this to a human head
:slap

Again, when you look at them head on, vertically an Alien head isn't that much bigger when compared to a human head. It's the length of the Alien head that makes it look big and the head is usually tilted. The best example is this pic here.

The issue I see why people don't like this is because it isn't tall enough.

Last edited:
Both of these look amazing. I also think the Warrior Sculpt looks better at this point than the Big Chap. I will pass on both though! I would love Sideshow to finally announce the Alien Queen legendary scale figure at some point. People still think this will happen. But I am quite sure it's still a 50% chance. :dunno Maybe due to it being even more complex to produce and ship than the Wolf Predator which was fragile at best!

Again, when you look at them head on, vertically an Alien head isn't that much bigger when compared to a human head. It's the length of the Alien head that makes it look big and the head is usually tilted. The best example is this pic here.

The issue I see why people don't like this is because it isn't tall enough.

I'm no Alien expert, far from it. All I know is the display I wanted this for will look stupid :lecture

2mq2b06.jpg

None of us will really know what the size will be until we have it in hands. I will place an order in a couple of weeks. I want to collect the whole line still. I don't have much room so the sizing isn't a issue. I'm just hoping the Big Chap will be bigger though. I like bigger busts and statues so yeah it sucks this one may be small but I think the Warriors were the smaller group of Aliens. Rest were much bigger. :monkey1

I'm no Alien expert, far from it. All I know is the display I wanted this for will look stupid :lecture

2mq2b06.jpg

What they could/should have done is have the head in a more tilted stance and maybe more base at the bottom to fill it out. It also doesn't have the tubes coming out of the back but I pre-ordered anyway.

One of the things I regret is missing out on the 1:1 bust. I actually had it pre-ordered but cancelled...this was before Sideshow implemented non-returnable deposits.

Maybe one day, they'll come out with another 1:1 Alien bust somehow...maybe use the Aliens from AVP:R? Just wishful thinking of course!

It's about on par with what I guesstimated from the 1:1 scale bust a few days ago, and the paint work in the pictures looks phenomenal! While it's a little "small" in terms of some of the other LSBs out there, the sculpt is fantastic and it's truly a piece of art.

As for the palm picture, that's a rough scale. If you take a tape measure and pull it out to 13.5 inches, and then imagine 18" horizontal in length, that's a hefty beast. It has 11" in length on the Predator LSB. Sure it's smaller, but so is the beast.

But if you're looking for a closer scale in height, I would think Big Chap will probably come in at a few inches taller. At the end of the SDCC video I posted a few pages back, you can see that the Big Chap LSB next to the Engineer PF is about 5" shorter or so. Engineer is 22" tall, so Big Chap will likely land around the 16-18" area. That may display better alongside your predator if that's the visual you're going for. Keep in mind Big Chap will also be about 22-24" in length by that ratio. All rough guesses, but likely close!

To be honest, this Warrior bust looks like the perfect type of piece to sit on a desk and look fantastic.

Size seems spot on for the alien. Mind you i would love a 16 inch high beast but honestly 13.5 is perfect when you factor in about 2.5-3.5 worth of base. Im pleased. Although i will admit looking at the pics the teeth do not look chromed. Still looks like silver paint. Ahh well. Im not passing this up

Size seems spot on for the alien. Mind you i would love a 16 inch high beast but honestly 13.5 is perfect when you factor in about 2.5-3.5 worth of base. Im pleased. Although i will admit looking at the pics the teeth do not look chromed. Still looks like silver paint. Ahh well. Im not passing this up

Try 6-7" of base.

To be honest, this Warrior bust looks like the perfect type of piece to sit on a desk and look fantastic.

For $360 it needs to have perfect paint apps as that price is getting into PF area and this is tiny height wise :mad: I just wish it was around 17 inches then Big chap say 22.

Looks nice, but looks like its all base. Glad I'm holding out for Big Chap. Comparing it to the size of P2, it looks like this would pair well with P1 LSB.

I'm getting this regardless of size. I love the Warrior and need it!

Honestly, everything I get from Sideshow is either bigger or smaller that what I thought it'd be. My Wolf Predator statue was smaller but my Malgus PF was bigger. :thud:

Ordered and eagerly anticipating adding this to my collection! As a standalone piece, this will look amazing, as the sculpt is incredible and it just looks badass. I'll likely order Big Chap as well, if the price is right, and place him elsewhere in the room. All in all that should make for a solid 2014!

Back