Statue Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They claim it's a more expensive process :huh

I'll stick with polystone, thanks :D

That's right very expensive...I am so happy with my neca 1/4...so sorry to arrive late to the maquettes but at least happy to have cheaper alternatives:))

That's right very expensive...I am so happy with my neca 1/4...so sorry to arrive late to the maquettes but at least happy to have cheaper alternatives:))

I can't see why PVC would lean more than resin, considering it's much lighter material.

Like someone mentioned previously, the material doesn't matter all that much in terms of "appearance", it's the paint itself that makes or breaks a statue.

but when a statue is 99% plastic it better not cost half a grand

I’ve had a couple of vinyl statues warp but they were all top heavy. The worst was my ThreeB Predalien. Front leg completely buckled over time.

It could lean. Especially if subjected to heat. Vinyl kits are usually filled with plaster/resin/foam to strengthen and retain their shape.

It actually is more expensive. To set up the tooling required to produce PVC statues costs more. Jerry from PCS talked about it in detail on the other forum and explained why it costs more a while back. Was an interesting read. People just like polystone as its heavier so it feels superior and more expensive.

Let's go back to the statue itself, I'm very curious what pose are they going to use for the rest of this line, like the warrior, the dog or the resurrection warrior? Since this mysterious, religious style only suits big chap to be frank, how can they keep this line consistent ?
I have a feeling that if the any other statue in this line turns out to be great I may need go back to pick this one up in order to complete this line.

It actually is more expensive. To set up the tooling required to produce PVC statues costs more. Jerry from PCS talked about it in detail on the other forum and explained why it costs more a while back. Was an interesting read.

More expensive blah, blah, blah. More expensive doesn't always mean PVC's outcome will look better...especially when Sideshow utilizes it. There's no way in hell Sideshow will make and paint sculpts using it the way Blitzway does. They're all about saving money, and they'll utilize the more "expensive high quality PVC" in the cheapest ways they possibly can. Will I be wrong with this new Alien piece? Let's hope so.

More expensive blah, blah, blah. More expensive doesn't always mean PVC's outcome will look better...especially when Sideshow utilizes it. There's no way in hell Sideshow will make and paint sculpts using it the way Blitzway does. They're all about saving money, and they'll utilize the more "expensive high quality PVC" in the cheapest ways they possibly can. Will I be wrong with this new Alien piece? Let's hope so.

Yeah I know dude. Wasn't implying this will look good being PVC, was just making a point that PVC is actually more expensive. I actually agree with you. Even if Sideshow started producing their statues with PVC heads like Blitzway does, they would still paint them the same way as their current statues.

Right on the money

Yeah I know dude. Wasn't implying this will look good being PVC, was just making a point that PVC is actually more expensive. I actually agree with you. Even if Sideshow started producing their statues with PVC heads like Blitzway does, they would still paint them the same way as their current statues.

It's all good dude. I didn't mean to sound like an A-Hole. Not saying you did, but I just hate reading when collectors blindly defend Sideshow's poor usage of PVC by saying it's more expensive & high quality and therefore will look better, making the piece worth their asking price.

The pose isn't bad at all, but the lean will need getting used to. The base was a bad addition, as it really takes away from the pose. What's happening to sideshow? It used pump out one classic after another. I don't mean to sound negative, but just not liking the quality of it products lately.

Back