Statue Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick side by side I did using the raw 3D model pics, I'm not very skilled:

teg5rky.jpg

Original pic of the 3D model with all the views in case someone more skilled wants to do a better comparison:

geXRIAp.jpg

SSAlex confirmed on the other board in the Ask Sideshow section that the weight on this is accurate. Most of the body and head will be plastic, to capture detail. Decided I'm passing on this.

Meh. If it looks good I guess I could care less if it's pvc.

Watching alien 4. What is this abomination

I have to put this in here so all of the Alien fans see it. IMO the best Alien print I've ever seen, and now up on Rotworks.bigcartel.com. He's a member of some of the statue groups on FB. I bought the first one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 123
What do you think resin is?

A different form completely? Why do we hear this line all the time, it makes no sense, it's like comparing apples to oranges dressed up like apples. Do you realise how little the difference is between human and chimp DNA? Are we the same? Actually don't answer that, too easy a set up ;)

Darkmario, just buy it then, don't be put off by the opinions of others.

It's all plastic. If the final product looks the same, what's the difference? Other than one potentially sagging over time due to weight and the other maintaining its shape?

It's all plastic. If the final product looks the same, what's the difference? Other than one potentially sagging over time due to weight and the other maintaining its shape?

The typical PVC retort when someone mentions they don't like it because it's plastic. Who gives a **** if it's all plastic, dude? By Sideshow's production standards, PVC looks and feels as cheap as a plastic toy. Most don't like that. End of story. Almost everyone would want this to be polystone/polyresin anyway so get over the whole, "what's the difference?" crap. If Sideshow turned in a product similar to what Blitzway turns in, then it'd be a whole different story to talk about on here and people wouldn't be so hesitant or afraid to buy a PVC related Sideshow piece. If you don't give a **** about the difference then cool, more power to you, and you can go on buying SS's Man of Steel, Chris Reeve, and Godzilla pieces.

Sorry but this is one of the stupidest statements ever, given the context. I hope you realize that resin and PVC both come in different grades and qualities. The quality used by Sideshow on PVC pieces, like the Man of Steel, is nowhere close to the one used by Bliztway or Hot Toys. So no, you're wrong, it's not "all plastic".There's plastic and plastic. First point.
Second point, I prefer my statue to feel like a statue. Why people make a big deal out of it? Because certain companies... sorry, rephrase: ONE certain company marketed the polystone gimmick in the last decade. I won't tell you which company - take a wild guess. And now the customer base has that kind of preference. We might argue that the weight, the feeling when touching it, like stone, are all accessory and unnecessary to the sight, we might say that there is really no specific relation between these factors and the final quality and the fact that something heavy and stone-y "feels" like quality doesn't imply that it's really quality... but guess what, this hobby is made of a number of things that have little to do with just how good something looks on the shelf. And one of these things is for statues to feel like statues and you can ask anyone, a "statue" in their mind won't be made of super light smooth PVC.

Now, PVC has a ton of advantages of course and it's a better material overall than polystone - this is the rational verdict. Still, for most people, if something CAN be achieved with polystone/resin... they prefer it that way, for the number of reasons just written above.

Back