Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great photos in this thread. Big piece for sure. Looking to buy this one now. Anyone want to sell for $1500?

I'm so excited! I just got one for $1400. :yess: I should have it in a week. I've been wanting one for a long time since I missed out on getting it when it was more affordable. Finally at a point where I had the funds and found a great deal.

This maquette is one of my most favorite next to Wolf SLF. Grats to those who got it.

I recently bought one of these for the equivalent of $1575 US (finally, a Canadian seller! Hurray for no Customs fees), and I must say it is super impressive in person. The sneaky "Nosferatu" pose suits the original Alien perfectly; it is understated but not too static, like some Alien statues. I practically expect to hear it hiss at me when I look at it. That, combined with its size, gives it great presence in a room. It also serves of a reminder of the quality Sideshow is capable of when they make the effort to do something RIGHT.

I'm so excited! I just got one for $1400. :yess: I should have it in a week. I've been wanting one for a long time since I missed out on getting it when it was more affordable. Finally at a point where I had the funds and found a great deal.

I recently bought one of these for the equivalent of $1575 US (finally, a Canadian seller! Hurray for no Customs fees), and I must say it is super impressive in person. The sneaky "Nosferatu" pose suits the original Alien perfectly; it is understated but not too static, like some Alien statues. I practically expect to hear it hiss at me when I look at it. That, combined with its size, gives it great presence in a room. It also serves of a reminder of the quality Sideshow is capable of when they make the effort to do something RIGHT.

Grats! he's amazing! I just moved mine today and almost broke off the tail. Whew was so scared. When attaching the tail be super careful with the tail tip. If not it will hit the statue and the point will break. It takes a few tries to get in in there correctly.

Hello everyone. So I got the Big Chap Maquette from a collector. When I was taking the parts out of the box everything seemed fine, until I saw the teeth. The bottom fangs look chipped and badly painted. Also the tail feels very loosely attached and literally rests on the right leg.

I really don't know what to do...

Attachments

• DSCF4424.jpg
    DSCF4424.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF4425.jpg
    DSCF4425.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCF4428.jpg
    DSCF4428.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 253
Hello everyone. So I got the Big Chap Maquette from a collector. When I was taking the parts out of the box everything seemed fine, until I saw the teeth. The bottom fangs look chipped and badly painted. Also the tail feels very loosely attached and literally rests on the right leg.

I really don't know what to do...

So sorry to hear about the issues with your maquette. Obviously, some of the teeth were chipped/broken/or malformed in the casting and simply painted over...:slap I'm assuming you didn't see photos of the piece and the seller never mentioned the problem.

I would be less concerned with the tail touching the leg. From the photos I've seen, it looks like there is some variation in the pieces as to how tight or loose the tail is and how far or close the tail is from the leg (though I don't believe it should be touching).

I would contact the seller immediately with your photos though I'm not sure what options you may have at this point. This is a great piece but those teeth are an unacceptable mess in my opinion:mad:

Good Luck

Those teeth look damaged and someone tried to repaint them. Tail is not that big a deal, but those teeth are. The one I had had a very slight uneven tooth, but nothing like that.

So sorry to hear about the issues with your maquette. Obviously, some of the teeth were chipped/broken/or malformed in the casting and simply painted over...:slap I'm assuming you didn't see photos of the piece and the seller never mentioned the problem.

I would be less concerned with the tail touching the leg. From the photos I've seen, it looks like there is some variation in the pieces as to how tight or loose the tail is and how far or close the tail is from the leg (though I don't believe it should be touching).

I would contact the seller immediately with your photos though I'm not sure what options you may have at this point. This is a great piece but those teeth are an unacceptable mess in my opinion:mad:

Good Luck

The seller showed me only 2 photos and they were all taken from afar, so I couldn't see the details properly. When I asked him about the maquette's condition he assured me it was 'IMMACULATE' and I the fool took his word for it. Now I know what a liar he is, no wonder he wanted to sell it.

Anyhow if matters remain unsolved, I might have to redo the teeth myself and fix the loose tail too.

Oh no now you got me scared, must check mine when I can find him again. Must make sure he's all good. :panic: I checked it in the past and all was good. Never looked at his teeth yet.

Back