Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a couple people that have taken off the dome but that shouldn't stop you from doing it and taking pics. I'm waiting to hear back from Sideshow about mine. If they want me to destroy it (which I doubt I'll be able to get a replacement anyway) I'll be yet another person to post pics. It's a bit cathartic to see pics of this bust destroyed after the aggravation caused by receiving defective ones.

. . . It's a bit cathartic to see pics of this bust destroyed after the aggravation caused by receiving defective ones.

I did that once (P2 Savage LSB) - but will never do it again - from now on I'm going to insist I ship it back - that way I know it's hitting their pockets.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Heard back from SS. No replacement available but they offered me $55 credit toward a new or current order. So now I have to decide between keeping it and only displaying it from the right side, returning it and doing without, or returning it and trying my luck with a regular one. I don't know if I'd trust getting another one shipped to me without damage/defects. Ugh, I'm kinda leaning toward taking the credit because I still really want this in my collection. Pisses me off SS has created this situation.

I just heard back from sideshow. Their offering me $50 and a new name plate. My girlfriend pointed out some spines on the back of it were broke off. I didnt even notice wow.

OK... The packaging on these Bust is a joke. There's nothing securing the Bust from moving around and i'm pretty sure that's what's causing most of the issues.
Also can't understand why the bag is only around the base.

The edge of the dome is alot better this time, no filler residue that was all around the first Bust, there are gaps though and a bit of polystyrene has made its way under the dome...

30tta45.jpg

2nj8zle.jpg

Scuffs on both shoulders caused by movement in transit...

20i9ymq.jpg

One broken tendon and one too short...

2d8eseo.jpg

Teeth crap as expected...

2cf5g5t.jpg

I can live with those issues but the main problem is all the rubbing against the polystyrene has left a large scuff on the front of the dome and a smaller one to the rear...

10hn6g7.jpg

j6o393.jpg

The tendon you circled is meant to be short Col, but yeah the back bit is broken in the exact same place as mine, is it in the box? sorry about the rest though, twice in a row sucks, I know from experience with my Warrior and this. Back on the to SS then...

Glad you got a better one Col. Seems odd to me that you live in the UK and got your replacement faster than I have living in the US. Despite the fact I got an RMA and sent mine back before you did your return. What's with SS's priorities?

Just noticed the dome on the front of yours is actually connected to where it should be right above the lip Col, that bit looks good at least, mine has 15ft of filler....

Are the scuffs unlivable Col? Not saying you have to put up with them or settle, just wondering if they're noticeable from afar, or if they're instantly noticeable upon walking up to see the piece. It'd be unfortunate if the latter was the case, but you didn't say if it was a deal breaker or not (just the main problem). Definitely unfortunate to hear about the packaging issues with the piece.

I would assume some buffing/cleaning could get rid of the dome marks.

Gaps in the dome...
How is a tendon "meant" to be short / cut off / not connecting to anything?

Makes the tendon pretty useless from an actual design and usage standpoint.

Yeah, Dome sits nicely just those bloody scuffs :gah:
Small one on the back is not a problem but the bigger mark is on the front.

I don't think rubbing on the polysterene would leave the imprint :huh

I would assume some buffing/cleaning could get rid of the dome marks.

Gaps in the dome...
How is a tendon "meant" to be short / cut off / not connecting to anything?

Makes the tendon pretty useless from an actual design and usage standpoint.
Nope! Scuffs wont budge :(

The tendon goes all the way on the other side, why I thought a bit had broke.

On the shelf, only my wife screams.

15804794788_a2fc697724_b.jpg

Alien Big Chap EX Legendary Scale Bust 388/750 - Sideshow

My first bust! My only bust (likely)!
I've always been an Alien fan so when they showed this at SDCC I knew I had to have it and I love it. The detail in the sculpt is amazing, the clear dome and spine look outstanding. One thing I particularly like is that it's a sturdy 1-piece 'statue', no parts, no assembly, just a real proper sculpting job.
The only glaring flaw, and I can see the forums lighting up here, is the teeth. We all saw the change coming and I doubt many of us expected Sideshow to change it to chrome but even the silver paint execution is sloppy. Really not great on that front.
However for me it's the only flaw and I love this piece so I'll live with it.
Also don't know about you guys but my unpacking was styrofoam magnet hell!
Big Chap will be the only piece going in my Home Theater along with the Hot Toys Batmobile.

15806448777_e4bda50f31_b.jpg

15372546533_cc438285e4_b.jpg

15372545213_1b904cca33_b.jpg

15372543953_81fd04e0c2_b.jpg

15991493162_a01e5180a3_b.jpg

15992164735_479d7830c6_b.jpg

15992163235_fcbe3f44a7_b.jpg

15992162045_0c0675c4cb_b.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a better one than you had, Col, but there are so many damn issues with these! I'm almost afraid to get trade my EX for a reg if it'll be another crap-shoot on whether or not I get one that's worse.

Back