Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the shelf, only my wife screams.

15804794788_a2fc697724_b.jpg

Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust - Sideshow

My first bust! My only bust (likely)!
I've always been an Alien fan so when they showed this at SDCC I knew I had to have it and I love it. The detail in the sculpt is amazing, the clear dome and spine look outstanding. One thing I particularly like is that it's a sturdy 1-piece 'statue', no parts, no assembly, just a real proper sculpting job.
The only glaring flaw, and I can see the forums lighting up here, is the teeth. We all saw the change coming and I doubt many of us expected Sideshow to change it to chrome but even the silver paint execution is sloppy. Really not great on that front.
However for me it's the only flaw and I love this piece so I'll live with it.
Also don't know about you guys but my unpacking was styrofoam magnet hell!
Big Chap will be the only piece going in my Home Theater along with the Hot Toys Batmobile.

15806448777_e4bda50f31_b.jpg

15372546533_cc438285e4_b.jpg

15372545213_1b904cca33_b.jpg

15372543953_81fd04e0c2_b.jpg

15991493162_a01e5180a3_b.jpg

15992164735_479d7830c6_b.jpg

15992163235_fcbe3f44a7_b.jpg

15992162045_0c0675c4cb_b.jpg

From what I can see that's the nicest one they've sent out. The teeth being messed up is a given--if you don't have cracks, gaps, or scuffs then you hit the Big Chap lottery! Congrats!

I've been away from the forums for a bit and when I saw the teeth I knew this thread would blow up so I purposely didn't come until now and I'm not going to read what was posted cause I don't want to find flaws where I don't notice any.

In any case I'm glad mine is a nice one :)

So... I got mine a couple weeks ago. And I just noticed from all the pictures here, are the dome suppose to be glossy finished? Mine is kind of dull finished. Or it it is just the lighting? Thanks

I've been away from the forums for a bit and when I saw the teeth I knew this thread would blow up so I purposely didn't come until now and I'm not going to read what was posted cause I don't want to find flaws where I don't notice any.

In any case I'm glad mine is a nice one :)

Looks awesome!! Great pics btw!

Dunno mate. Second scuffed dome has left me with zero love for this piece.

Did you get your refund? Any luck with Frd-Ex?

Yeah that sucks, especially with it being the focal point of the whole thing. Refund received but they haven't sent me an invoice yet so haven't pursued the customs refund. Going to ask them to send one tonight.

I read in some terms from Fed-Ex that if they process your customs refund, they charge a £50 admin fee or something. So if you decide to go for a refund, make sure you go direct.

"Due to these being hand painted, slight discrepancies in finish are to be expected and are not considered flaws"..... :wink1:

Major cop out. A "discrepancy" is not DAMAGE, it is variations in paint finish or color. The stuff they try to blame on "unique" and "hand painted" are unreal. Who are they kidding.

Major cop out. A "discrepancy" is not DAMAGE, it is variations in paint finish or color. The stuff they try to blame on "unique" and "hand painted" are unreal. Who are they kidding.

They gave me the same line. Some BS like "They're all hand made so you're bound to find slight imperfections if you look hard enough". It was a scuff right on the front of the dome. Their attitude towards it annoyed me almost as much as the damage did.

So... I got mine a couple weeks ago. And I just noticed from all the pictures here, are the dome suppose to be glossy finished? Mine is kind of dull finished. Or it it is just the lighting? Thanks

Just the pictures. If you took a flash to yours it'd be glossy too. Especially the pictures just posted, which really boost a lot of aspects! Don't stress on that front :)

Be careful with the dome.
I was experimenting on how to best clean the scuff on my dome and the smoked lacquer comes off quite easily, well with a Dremel buffer anyway...

20141211_224613.jpg

Convinced mine was layed down before dry.

Dremel buffer ? I would do it by hand very careful.I guess you will need to remove smoked lacquer then reapply it.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Dropped my ex bust off at ups this morning. Now to wait for that sweet $400 to be put back in my bank account where I can put it to better use.

Back