Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even looking at the original pic though... The tendons look to be molded to the sculpt not just tacked on bits of plastic. And look at all the issues you put down for the warrior. Is that what we should be expecting for our money ?? Alot on here are saying..well at this price point its the better than anything else no matter what the issues. Makes zero sense. I or you did not come up with that price. And if meant getting a better piece i would gladly pay an extra $100.

Almost everyone who received their Warrior, without chips or scratches, has nothing but good things to say about it.

Let's wait until this starts shipping before we get the pitch forks out... :huh

The tendons on the two pictures look the same to me, apart from a difference in colour which is probably down to lighting.

The tendons on the prototypes are sculpted on, for whatever reason, this isn't the case on the production pieces, ease of production/painting maybe. The problem with them is this... they look cheap, but they are also poorly fitted, I mean on mine, and presumably all you can actually see the clip where they connect, little things like this prevent these things from looking life like for me. The prototype warrior had solid painted tendons, the production piece has yellow plastic, I'm going to fill in the edges and paint them up when I get a chance, I think that will improve the piece hugely.

Similarly, the Big chap proto has nicely fitted and painted tendons, we don't know what the production pieces will really look like yet. If it helps those who wish to alter them in the event they are as bad as the warriors, the real suit used condoms... I knew that one I've had in my wallet for 10 years or so would come in handy one day. ;)

Almost everyone who received their Warrior, without chips or scratches, has nothing but good things to say about it.

Let's wait until this starts shipping before we get the pitch forks out... :huh

The tendons on the two pictures look the same to me, apart from a difference in colour which is probably down to lighting.

I was one of the lucky ones when it came to the Warrior. I hope I'm as lucky with the Big Chap.

Please guys believe me here. Im not trolling or trying to bash this piece ( until its in hand no one knows what it will look like ) but these pics were seeing are a letdown and im hoping fingers crossed and prayers at night that its just the flash.... But im highly skeptical. Im pleased with my warrior besides ill fitting tendons on one side. But otherwise pleased. I just hope the big chap is ok. It just stinks that this is the piece i was looking forward too and then out of nowhere comes the warrior. To complete the pair i bought both ex versions. And when the warrior arrived i was like ehhhh its ok. But now knowing big chap could possibly be more of the same has me worried.

Personally I'm not worried about it. I've been waiting for two years for Sideshow to make the Big Chap LSB just so I could display it with my P1 LSB and Jaws maquette, all complete with nameplates. Once he goes on the shelf, he'll look fine, whatever minor flaws he might have (teeth, tendons). I just pray he arrives undamaged.

Personally I'm not worried about it. I've been waiting for two years for Sideshow to make the Big Chap LSB just so I could display it with my P1 LSB and Jaws maquette, all complete with nameplates. Once he goes on the shelf, he'll look fine, whatever minor flaws he might have (teeth, tendons). I just pray he arrives undamaged.

I don't know that I would call those changes to the teeth and tendons minor, with them being the focal point for the whole piece. The difference from the pics on the order page and what it looks like what we are getting seems minor at first, but the difference in appearance is huge.

Box is fine for the purpose, ships with three pieces (EX) in a solid poly box, no issues. As above, the problems all stem from a complete lack of care and/or attention during the paint process. I think some of the workers must have been wearing barbed wire gloves or something.

when's this guy due to ship? missed out on the big chap maquette and think this would be the perfect companion piece to my cinemaquette.

awesome! thanks Python! haven't ordered mine yet, but may order direct from sideshow, seems so much cheaper than what ebay etc are at the moment. first time I have ever ordered direct from them if I do.

awesome! thanks Python! haven't ordered mine yet, but may order direct from sideshow, seems so much cheaper than what ebay etc are at the moment. first time I have ever ordered direct from them if I do.

No worries, SS direct is usually a decent way to go about it but you have to be aware of the customs charges which will turn you into the Hulk at times. If you aren't too bothered about having the name plate you can try and find it locally. I have no idea where that might be in Ireland, but if shipping charges from the UK aren't too bad, try here...

Alien Legendary Scale Bust 1/2 Big Chap 35 cm

Just a case of working out the price difference and seeing how it works out. In this case, there isn't even a low quantity warning on the Exclusive so you might even get away with waiting to see how the production pieces turn out before ordering?

Back