Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on doing some paint touch ups, but overall I think the bones of this piece are still pretty solid. Still pumped.

The only disappointing thing I see is the non-chrome teeth. Everything else looks good. I'm still excited about getting it--just hope once in-hand it still looks ok.

I have been waiting so lonnnggg for this piece. But seeing that pic makes me gutted. Once again ...no chrome teeth, cheesy tacked on plastic tendons. Dome seems a little too murky,.. and im not even seeing the slightest hint of brown in this piece. If you look at actual pics of the movie suit ( specifically one of the actor hubched over between takes ) the suit looks insanely black. Until you pay attention to the left elbow thats in the light... It has brown in it. Granted to pull off the subtle transition between a rust brown and black is difficult... But for $400 at least try. Granted i will still display this piece and not many who see would notice errors,... But me as a fan definately will. Ughhh will they ever get it right.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

I don't really care about the teeth. My biggest gripe is how plastic and rubbery the bands around the lower jaw look. Otherwise I think it looks awesome.

204510.jpg

As far as i can see there are a lot of differences at the paint job. No brown,black and blue tones like the original. The tendons looks off again like warrior.
Of course we'll have to wait and see but not very happy so far..

I'm hoping the dome colour and darkness is down to it being a rubbish picture, we knew the teeth and tendons would be exactly as bad as the Warriors. That dome cannot be altered without major surgery if it isn't painted well, it has been my biggest worry about this guy all along.

The differences between the photos is the flash, IMO.

You are not going to get what Sideshow advertised. That's just the way it is. Proto hardly ever translates to production. The only thing for me is that the teeth should have been chromed. Overall I like it. It'll go great paired with the P1 LSB.

And regarding the chromed teeth issue, I just found buried in this thread in post #151 (July of last year), that Sideshow indicated that the teeth are not chromed, although they may change it. Looks like they didn't. So we are stuck with it the way it is.

Last edited:
Oh wow. Think i noticed something no one else has. That display piece from 2 weeks ago is actually flawed. Look at the rounded shoulder on it. Theres a section where it looks bubbled and flattened. It goes from rounded to flat to rounded. If you compare both pics you should see immediately what im talking about.

Oh wow. Think i noticed something no one else has. That display piece from 2 weeks ago is actually flawed. Look at the rounded shoulder on it. Theres a section where it looks bubbled and flattened. It goes from rounded to flat to rounded. If you compare both pics you should see immediately what im talking about.

I think that might just be a combination of the slightly different perspective and the lighting. If you look very closely, the prototype levels off in the same place.

The differences between the photos is the flash, IMO.

You are not going to get what Sideshow advertised. That's just the way it is. Proto hardly ever translates to production. The only thing for me is that the teeth should have been chromed. Overall I like it. It'll go great paired with the P1 LSB.

And regarding the chromed teeth issue, I just found buried in this thread in post #151 (July of last year), that Sideshow indicated that the teeth are not chromed, although they may change it. Looks like they didn't. So we are stuck with it the way it is.

I really hope to be the flash but i don't think so. The new bust is very well lighten too and especially the chin and that little round part is a good example of paint differences. This photo btw doesn't seem to have a flash. ;)
SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-103.jpg
As for the teeth i think it's the less annoying since you can't repaint them easily. But not the rest of the statue.

Easy? The Warrior looks an easy paint job.
Good luck painting the upper set of the inner jaw on BC.
(Assuming you meant 'can repaint them easily')

Do we know for sure that BC does not have the opening behind the chin like the warrior has?
I have a hard time believing that the inner jaws are not removable.

The opening on the Warriors mouth allowes room for it to slot in, BC doesn't.
I'd be surprised if there was a way to get it in & out :huh Well see soon enough.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

My guess is the Warrior EX ship has sailed. Unless you are getting a sub par return from someone else that SS deemed good enough to reship.

Back