Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad that this was pushed back to it's original release date as I now don't have to cancel my Christopher Reeve Superman PF. I may rue those words if the CRS PF turns out as bad as most people on this site think it will but I'm still living in hope that it'll actually turn out good. :pray:

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-107.jpg

A picture that I haven't seen...I'll stay positive and won't comment.

Looks like a picture from last years SDCC.
The dome had, what looked like, bubble wrap marks on it.

Teeth look really bad that close and that's the proto :slap

Im seriously debating myself if i should cancel this piece. I want it so bad but i keep seeing pics and i still have a bad taste in my mouth from the quality of the warriors. Im torn on this.

View attachment 139767

A picture that I haven't seen...I'll stay positive and won't comment.

I saw this photo from the 2013 SDCC and yea, the teeth really stick as as horribad. I do have this coming, but unless it is total fail, I'll keep it. Look around. There's nothing in this price range that comes close, not within miles, sadly.

How it should be Col..

That picture of the BC isn't his finest angle. The teeth are definitely the weak point on this one. Hopefully they wont be too bad in hand. He is excellent otherwise imo.

You guys are minding on the teeth but I think that everything here is messed up

204510kvvz1p7dp7j4pdtn.jpg

This does not look NOTHING like what was shown before:

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-105.jpg

What a way to cheapen a piece. One uniform layer of blue to the body, another array of cheaply made teeth, a cheap toyish plastic dome non transparent glued and here you go. Even the casting is not very well done (look at the bump in the shoulder)

Kind of tired of Sideshow, I'm not buying this. I'll go with custom pieces which are rather expensive but much more satisfing in the end.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Frigging jaw tendons are what bug me. Really hoping it's the flash. Don't get the level of griping about the teeth.

Looks good to me :huh Dome definitely looks transparent.

Agreed. The teeth aren't great but the rest looks okay by me for this price point. The tendons are a bit of a concern, they look bad in the top photo above but perfectly fine in the second. I'm hoping its just a matter of lighting and that in person in normal lighting conditions they will blend in better. Even so they look better on this then they do the Warrior.

See thats the issue. And also why i myself am on the fence. The bottom picture is what was initially shown. And it looks worth the money. The top pic on the other hand is what was shown a few weeks ago,... And it looks terrible compared. Im hoping it was just the flash but the dome looks nowhere near as transparent as well as a whole diffrrent hue. The teeth look terrible..the tendons look horrendous. The shoulder isnt sculpted correctly and that paint app is seriously amateur. This piece has fallen apart it seems.i will save further reservations until its in hand ( if it doesnt get cancelled by me ) but so far im not pleased that this is what i get for $450 ... Especially considering what my purchase was based upon initially. Seriously look at sideshows page and the posted big chap pics.. then look at this. If you see NO DIFFRRENCE. Your blind. Im turning off my fanboy vision and seeing this mess for what its actually worth.

I am slowly learning not to get too worried by one bad photo. Yes it looks a bit crappy in that one, but other than the huge amount of chips and scratches, and the cheap tendons of course, the Warrior turned out pretty damn good paint wise. I'm hoping this one will too. If it arrives looking bad, I'll throw a wobbly then. Until that time, I'm still super excited for this guy... we'll find out soon.

Back