Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe SS is delaying the Big Chap LSB so that they can chrome his teeth out, take some new pics, then put him up for PO? :pray:

Long shot, I know.

Maybe SS is delaying the Big Chap LSB so that they can chrome his teeth out, take some new pics, then put him up for PO? :pray:

Long shot, I know.

I hope you're right. It would be nice if SS were a little more interactive with the public, if they came out and said we are delaying this a bit to improve it, I can't imagine even collectors on a forum could complain ;)

I think the only complaints about the big chap lsb were the teeth in general, not just the lack of chrome. It would be really good of SS if they made a few little changes to perfect an already great looking bust. I don't think that is the case however, I think he was always going to be a spook release...

Really disappointed in the announcement of Aliens first considering they pushed Big Chap at SDCC and advertised a coming soon announcement. Only have room for one and Big Chap is the one I want. The wait continues.

I don't think you'll be waiting long, Big chap seems almost certain to be released during Spook... I hope so anyway.

Copied my post from the warrior thread to see if I am going mad or others agree? I really hope SS play around a bit with these... i.e completely re do the teeth. ;)

I've figured out the problem with the big chaps teeth, aside from the lack of chrome. The warriors appear to be sculpted individually as they should be, the big chaps front teeth are all one piece which gives that slight horse look, my only niggle for an otherwise splendid looking piece imo...

Warriors individual nashers...

Big chaps dentures

Movie big chap

I've never actually pre-ordered anything from sideshow, so I was wondering: if this were to be available at the end of October, about when could we be expecting it to ship?

A sideshow rep stated that this is unlikely to be put on sale during spook. It seemed a given as well. Hopefully it is delayed for final touches. And to be fair they have given us the Warrior out of the blue to keep us happy for now.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I think (hope) it was rushed to be put on display at the con. Maybe they were going to display the warrior which is first in line for sale and then decided this is more impressive due to its larger size? I say this for a couple of reasons, see the picture below...

Obviously those teeth aren't chromed, but they look rushed with black paint showing through. and then look at the dome, it is covered in blemishes that look to be caused by bubble wrap applied before the paint was completely dry? Just looks to me like a last minute effort to get it out in time. :dunno

The teeth right now are keeping me from buying this. Looks pretty good otherwise. Let's hope the paint apps come out somewhat close to the prototype.

You certainly aren't alone, and you won't like this official response from Alex over at Sideshow....

The last update I had about this piece was that the teeth were not going to be chromed on the Big Chap. Now that could change. If it does that will be reflected most likely on the product page for the piece once it's available for Pre-Order OR would be announced prior to the item shipping to customers.

This is very unfortunate if it is the case as the teeth really let an otherwise brilliant looking piece down. This is the item I have been most excited about in recent years, this news is very disappointing.

Yeah that would have been nice also, I guess they are trying to cut as much of the production cost as possible, such a shame.

Are the teeth that bad?
If you're not happy with the proto I'd hate to see your reaction to the production version.

They aren't terrible, but they arent great. The warriors were done to a much higher standard. SS only has to tinker a little with these to make it great. And yes, how the production pieces may actually turn out has me worried as ever...

I hope the pleasant surprise with the Warrior price is a sign of things to come. Maybe SS listened to recent comments about pricing :dunno Miracles can happen.
A further drop in QC would kill this hobby though :lecture

Yeah I don't think there is much more leeway for price rises and quality drops. I don't think they are changing much though either, this big chap tooth issue is a prime example of that. It wouldn't be a huge fix and it has been pretty much the only negative talking point despite how harsh Alien fans can be. I think with the warrior they just got one right. I guess we'll see how the production pieces turn out next year. Fingers crossed, main worry now is how that dome will turn out?

I'll definitely buy the big chap still, it is very much my most wanted piece, this is just a bit of a deflating day as hope it will be perfected with a little passion and final quality touches seems to have left us. :monkey2

I may have to take my. Big Chap LSB to the dentist sometime next year if that's the case.

As for the dome concern. I wouldn't worry about it too much as SS (through my experience) have been getting it down pretty well with their 1/4 line. I'm sure they can with this scale as well. Fingers crossed.

Back