Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I hope you're right Playa, I'll go the Alclad chrome route myself for now as I certainly don't have the skill to sculpt better teeth myself. Might be time to learn maybe. Still very disappointed that SS won't do it properly to begin with.

Is chroming the teeth that hard to do? and strange that the warrior bust gets the chrome treatment but Big Chap doesn't, very disappointing.

Its not that its hard to do. And its even easier for sideshow to do. Its the fact that we as consumers have to do it if they dont. The sad part is that this piece will no doubt be $400+., many may scoff at that and say thats not alot for what your getting. But in all honesty what your getting is a polystone cast from a mold that you pay $400+ to have painted. Its kinda like the paint it yourself ceramics from michaels or something. Not taking anything away from the sculptors here but once the molds are made it just comes down to paint... and when the one major consumer concern is chrome paint over silver paint,... and youas a company hem and haw about it, knowing that fans will still buy it... thats not good for business.i wish companies like sideshow would realize every now and then that yeah as collectors we would really like them to sometimes listen to us and take our criticism as inspiration to do a more faithful and more exquisite rendition,.. then just as some fanboy nerdom. With pieces like this we all need to step back and talk with what sideshow and every company really listens too. Our wallets. If they keep putting out slacked and half assed products but we keep buying them.. then why should they listen to our complaints and critiques. But if all of a sudden sideshow had a warehouse full of them... they would change it believe me. Case in point... lady death statue. They have been trying to pander off that thing for the longest time... so what do they do. Repaint it sugar skull hoping that latest fad will sell off the stock hahaha. If you want to see quality as a whole look at their queen bust compared to the rocky lsb hahahaha ( wanna talk about bad ) the quality of their pieces has sharply declined while prices have skyrocketed. Im not trying to go nuts and just complain here but god all we want is for someone over there to actually listen every now and then. Chrome the damn teeth and mold them seperately. Plain and simple. Why settle for ehhhh good enough. As a company go the extra mile and make something you can look back on with no regrets

Its not that its hard to do. And its even easier for sideshow to do. Its the fact that we as consumers have to do it if they dont. The sad part is that this piece will no doubt be $400+., many may scoff at that and say thats not alot for what your getting. But in all honesty what your getting is a polystone cast from a mold that you pay $400+ to have painted. Its kinda like the paint it yourself ceramics from michaels or something. Not taking anything away from the sculptors here but once the molds are made it just comes down to paint... and when the one major consumer concern is chrome paint over silver paint,... and youas a company hem and haw about it, knowing that fans will still buy it... thats not good for business.i wish companies like sideshow would realize every now and then that yeah as collectors we would really like them to sometimes listen to us and take our criticism as inspiration to do a more faithful and more exquisite rendition,.. then just as some fanboy nerdom. With pieces like this we all need to step back and talk with what sideshow and every company really listens too. Our wallets. If they keep putting out slacked and half assed products but we keep buying them.. then why should they listen to our complaints and critiques. But if all of a sudden sideshow had a warehouse full of them... they would change it believe me. Case in point... lady death statue. They have been trying to pander off that thing for the longest time... so what do they do. Repaint it sugar skull hoping that latest fad will sell off the stock hahaha. If you want to see quality as a whole look at their queen bust compared to the rocky lsb hahahaha ( wanna talk about bad ) the quality of their pieces has sharply declined while prices have skyrocketed. Im not trying to go nuts and just complain here but god all we want is for someone over there to actually listen every now and then. Chrome the damn teeth and mold them seperately. Plain and simple. Why settle for ehhhh good enough. As a company go the extra mile and make something you can look back on with no regrets

You know what falls in that category; revenue.

But I agree with your post man. It's just that SS is a company that has to make $$$ to survive and keep making statues.

I agree you with egel (and wierzbowski) and I understand that sideshow are running a business but how much more can chroming the teeth cost and why sell what looks like it could be an truly great piece short in this way.
I think small things like this; that would appear to have easy fixes, are the most frustrating aspect of collecting, they let down not only the fans and customers but also I think the original sculptors and painters (baring the teeth, it seems to be a fantastically painted proto) involved too.

Wierzbowski, at one post a year you're clearly a man of few words lol, I agree completely though!! It will not cost them much at all to fix this, they can even take what little it does cost and pass it on to us, we'll pay it willingly because we would have an awesome Alien Big chap with probably no complaints if they did... Well, at least until our production pieces turn up but that is a different issue entirely. It seems a great shame they aren't willing t finalize this piece as pretty much everyone with an interest in buying it agrees the teeth are the weak link. The rest looks incredible and deserves the little bit of extra effort required to finish it off to that same high standard.

As Shanco9 said, it seems weird the Warrior would get individual chrome teeth and the big chap, the classic and the one that started it all wouldn't get the same attention to detail... Really disappointed. :(

I hope everyone emails SS directly about this to request a fix, I have. I doubt they care what we are saying/thinking on the forum.

Seems to, but then the big chap looks to have in the preview as well and we know he doesn't! His teeth also look to be sculpted individually. I guess we'll find out for sure later...

Last edited:
Seems to, but then the big chap looks to have ion the preview as well and we know he doesn't! His teeth also look to be sculpted individually. I guess we'll find out for sure later...

That's what I was thinking Matt.
Both look great on the preview pics, as they always do, but the only one seen at CC looked worse in reality. Who's to say the Warrior won't be the same :dunno
I don't think we will find out later as we will probably just get the same pictures already released.

Hopefully we get P2 next week so it will be easier to plan what money is going where.

There's no rush to order anything anymore as we don't even get ES now for months, never mind first week/day sell outs.

Yeah you've got me worried now lol. I hope we do get clearer pictures, it would be pretty deceptive if they sold it based on the pictures we have seem already and the teeth turned out to be just dull silver like the big chaps. Withholding the ES is just the latest ridiculous decision they have made, and a very annoying one at that. I think these will be high though. It would be cool if the P2 is in the news letter later, I'd like to see more of him myself.

Think there's quite a few people waiting on this and praying for a decent size now.
I finally decided to go with the Warrior and they put a bloody baby Alien up :slap

I'm definitely waiting for this one. I like the Warrior and will pick it up but I probably won't for a while. Once this goes up it's an instant order no matter what.

Think there's quite a few people waiting on this and praying for a decent size now.
I finally decided to go with the Warrior and they put a bloody baby Alien up :slap

Don't worry, the fact that the warrior has no ES currently suggests he may be available for some time yet. Being the more casual Alien fan you are it makes sense to wait for the full Big Chap reveal before deciding which to get. If they paint the warrior well it could still be an excellent piece despite its small size.

And just look at this beauty anyway... ;)

I wonder if this one will have a fancy chestburster or egg design on the back like the warrior. Big chap has always been my favorite, so I will definitely get it. Hope it doesn't take a year just to go up for pre order....

I wonder if this one will have a fancy chestburster or egg design on the back like the warrior. Big chap has always been my favorite, so I will definitely get it. Hope it doesn't take a year just to go up for pre order....

I'm hoping the same for this too. I Hope it doesn't take long for the Pre-order. That would be annoying. :impatient:

THERE IS HOPE YET...

They wont be literal chrome, they will be painted chrome like.

And Big Chap's getting the same treatment.

SS insider speaking to people on another board expecting real chrome on the warrior lsb. This is very good news indeed if correct, I was worried due to the artsy warrior photos that both may end up with dull silver teeth.

Great news if this comes to fruition, it really would be shameful to lump such a great piece with those terrible dull silver painted gnashers.

Back