Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and me both, paint was surprisingly good on the warriors which bodes well for the big guy, qc issues are a bit of a worry now however.

You and me both, paint was surprisingly good on the warriors which bodes well for the big guy, qc issues are a bit of a worry now however.

Yeah I know what you mean :/
My warrior arrived perfect and I mean perfect...
Just hope I'm as lucky with the Big Chap :/

I am also dying for an Alien 3 & 4 bust along with a wolf bust ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, when SS has bad QC issues or bad paint on just a couple pieces from a line, I stay away from it entirely unless it's Marvel. Their COTD line better be top notch or their sales will suffer greatly. That's the last line I have hope for with SS.

I've heard people say sideshow said this will have chrome teeth, and even the prototype photos on their site show it with chromed teeth. But the pics I've seen of it displayed at the con show it with just flat silver teeth. Similar to what the warrior LSB has. I'm highly doubting the big chap will have chromed teeth at this point.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

The big chap and warriors teeth should be like this...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410353548.790170.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I realize they should be chromed, but I'm not hopeful. Check out the difference in these photos.

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-103.jpg

200233-alien-big-chap-006.jpg

Honestly, to me the teeth on the full scale 1:1 alien sideshow busts I've seen look like they are actually made of metal. Where as on the product photos on the site for the warrior and big chap LSB's they just look to be brush painted. But I don't even think we will chrome brushed teeth. I'm gonna set my expectations low and just accept the fact we will get the flat gray teeth.

It was stated after the con that the teeth on the production pieces should be chrome coloured, but after seeing the Warrior production pieces I wouldn't count on it.

Tendons look so much better on that BC proto, as with the Warrios proto. I am guessing the production BC's tendons will come out like War's. :(

Also worried about how well the dome / skull look will come across on the production piece.

Also worried about how well the dome / skull look will come across on the production piece.

Ditto. That is my absolute biggest concern about this piece. I just hope the pant job on the underside of the dome isn't so dark to the point of not being able to see the skull. Time will well I guess...

Ditto. That is my absolute biggest concern about this piece. I just hope the pant job on the underside of the dome isn't so dark to the point of not being able to see the skull. Time will well I guess...

It's definitely a fine line. If you go too light it'll look like the HCG one which looked horrible Imo.

However they paint this one... It will never look as bad as that hcg alien.. Errgh. I just hope it looks like the prototype.

I had never taken a look at the HCG Alien until just now, had to go google it. Man that dome looks murky. It's like they slapped it on and filled it with milk.

Hello fellow freaks! I could do with some advice, please.

I have both this & the Christopher Reeve Superman Premium Format pre-ordered. I really would like them both but the fact that the Big Chap LSB was moved forward to October, the same month as the CRSPF, means I think I'm screwed. I never would have ordered 2 products that are due in the same month. As far as being able to get them both that extra months wage means all the difference in the world to me. Of all the bloody items to either not be pushed back or actually moved forward. :doh

So have any of you ever known Sideshow to delay the shipping for anyone by a month or so if they can't quite afford the item at the time of shipping? This seems like an awfully long shot but I thought I'd ask you big chaps & chappettes just in case before I actually go ahead & cancel an item.

Any info would be much appreciated. Although let's lay off the predictable hate for the CRSPF, please. :)

Contact them to see what they can do via Live Chat, would have to be Monday now.
I recon they will try and help you out. No harm in asking.
Good luck.

Hello fellow freaks! I could do with some advice, please.

I have both this & the Christopher Reeve Superman Premium Format pre-ordered. I really would like them both but the fact that the Big Chap LSB was moved forward to October, the same month as the CRSPF, means I think I'm screwed. I never would have ordered 2 products that are due in the same month. As far as being able to get them both that extra months wage means all the difference in the world to me. Of all the bloody items to either not be pushed back or actually moved forward. :doh

So have any of you ever known Sideshow to delay the shipping for anyone by a month or so if they can't quite afford the item at the time of shipping? This seems like an awfully long shot but I thought I'd ask you big chaps & chappettes just in case before I actually go ahead & cancel an item.

Any info would be much appreciated. Although let's lay off the predictable hate for the CRSPF, please. :)

put money away each month! :duff

Sideshow will work with you as long as you call now when theres still time.tell them the circumstance and they will with hold payment on one or the other. No big deal its still bought and sold in their eyes.

So this is still coming out next month hey? No one has heard anything about delayed Flex payments?

Not yet anyway. It has already been delayed a few times, so hopefully it does come out soon. SS has been delaying most everything else recently, so they have to ship something in October.

Back