Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien LSB?

That's nice! I passed on Predator LSBs in favor of these. This will look nice next to one from Aliens one day.

This is a definite order. He'll go great next to my Predator LSB and Jaws maquette, all complete with nameplates. It's the display I've been waiting to complete for a few years now.

Any Sideshow reps at SDCC able to share when Sideshow will release official specs and have this available for pre-order?

As for price and availability, I'll guess $699, 250 with Exclusive name plate and 1500 Regular, and April 2014 (but it will be delayed until June 2014 with actual deliveries starting in late June 2014). First complaints that the paint apps look nothing like the prototype in early July 2014 with many returns soon to follow:wink1:

Any Sideshow reps at SDCC able to share when Sideshow will release official specs and have this available for pre-order?

As for price and availability, I'll guess $699, 250 with Exclusive name plate and 1500 Regular, and April 2014 (but it will be delayed until June 2014 with actual deliveries starting in late June 2014). First complaints that the paint apps look nothing like the prototype in early July 2014 with many returns soon to follow:wink1:

God i hope your wrong on the price (thats really high for an lsb)and paint, but ss qc has made your prediction a big possibility :gah:

After seeing the rest of the pics, I think this looks very clunky. Sano is the only sculptor to ever capture the graceful elegance of the actual design. Nobody else embraces the flow of it. It should have the lines and curves of a fine sports car. All the elements are in this sculpt, but they don't caress each other and paint a continuous picture.

Last edited:

After seeing the rest of the pics, I think this looks very clunky. Sano is the only sculptor to ever capture the graceful elegance of the actual design. Nobody else embraces the flow of it. It should have the lines and curves of a fine sports car. All the elements are in this sculpt, but they don't caress each other and paint a continuous picture.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. And I'm definitely on the same page as Lar'ja, there's something odd about that mouth. Having that said, it's the closest Sideshow's gotten in a while and the bust really does look gorgeous even with the mouth being off. They've achieved that Hot Toys effect of "it still looks cool, so I'll buy it" -- which is better than I can say for their other A & P merch as of late.

This pic brought my confidence back:

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-103.jpg

Innaccurate, but it works. At least he doesn't have horse face.

This has to be the prototype. You can tell by looking at the dome that the bubble wrap they packed it in made an impression in the gloss coat. They may even have finished this just before the Con and the gloss didn't set all the way yet.

Last edited:

I wasn't familiar with Sano until I just looked up his stuff, and while they're definitely amazing, the price is way up there. Worthwhile? Sure! If you can afford it; however, just as you said, it's like a sports car and you're paying sports car prices for it. Those who can afford luxury cars can go nuts, but most people simply need something that'll get them from point A to point B, and this bust definitely does that for most craving something Xenomorph on a "budget"!

Personally, I love this SS statue/bust, and as with every statue/bust, it all depends on the angle/lighting in which the picture is taken that can make it look amazing or show off some flaws. This one will definitely be more within my price range (I'm thinking it'd be shocking if it's over $499.99 -- I'd have to guess closer to $449.99), and I hope it goes up within the 30 days of July SS is doing so that I can lock down my order! :pray:

holy **** holy **** HOLY ****!!!!!!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock

This looks sick!!! I love the 'base' part of it too!!
I may have to break my bust rule for this. He'd be awesome on my subwoofer in my home theater.

[ame]https://youtu.be/pS74gcDyqgs[/ame]

Damn, wish someone would stand next to it so we could gauge the size of this thing.

I wasn't familiar with Sano until I just looked up his stuff, and while they're definitely amazing, the price is way up there. Worthwhile? Sure! If you can afford it; however, just as you said, it's like a sports car and you're paying sports car prices for it. Those who can afford luxury cars can go nuts, but most people simply need something that'll get them from point A to point B, and this bust definitely does that for most craving something Xenomorph on a "budget"!

Good reply. I think this forum needs a LIKE button like Facebook, so we can like comments without having to quote and reply to them.

Good reply. I think this forum needs a LIKE button like Facebook, so we can like comments without having to quote and reply to them.

Thanks! :hi5: And you're right, I'm surprised that's actually not an option.

Well said! :clap

Back