Alien and Blade Runner, Same Universe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you guys know if Scott has ever said anything as to if they are taking place in the same universe?

I was watching Alien recently and caught something I guess I hadn't noticed before, which is when Ripley is fleeing the Nostromo in the shuttle, the screen flashes red and says "Purge" just like the the screen you can see in the Spinner while Gaff is driving in Blade Runner.

I also found this :

https://cinemascopian.com/2007/12/15/alien-vs-blade-runner/

So were the poor terraformers from Aliens on one of those Off-World colonies we hear so much about? (I know Scott didn't direct the sequel)

Will we ever see Rick Deckard fighting aliens in some crazy future comic book crossover?

Input or Opinions?

You know, I feel like it's more of an aesthetic move by the director. It's interesting to speculate about though, that's for sure. Even if they were in the same universe, it's only really in his head as it has yet to be realized in any meaningful way besides what you point out.

As much as I like the idea that they are the same universe, I'd prefer it if Deckard never fought any Aliens since Blade Runner was so 'TechNoir'. It'd just be an odd contrast seeing him going from lurking through dark corners, the hard-boiled feel etc. to shooting machine guns at aliens. It'd have to be something like the original, claustrophobic, paranoid, and nothing like the second or else it'd be kind of silly.

On that note I'll say that I prefer the idea that Deckard is a replicant (as implied by the unicorn) and Rachel and him die together.

Intended to be, don't think so, but as nerd-musings go, I have long noticed how well the two movies could be blended together historically because of the movies' realism/tones and the similarly themed replicants/android synthetics, to where they COULD easily be in the same universe if a nerd wanted them to be, (in my opinion). I never payed attention to the dates to see how they fell in line though. In my mind, Sean Connery's OUTLAND could fit in with them too, if only for it's realistic tone and setting (and having the "company" as a bad guy). I never felt there were other movies worthy enough to to go with them (if we were trying to).

Wouldn't anything tied to Blade Runner also then make SOLDIER part of the same universe, or was that changed enough to seperate itself from BLADERUNNER as being in the same universe from its original story? (I never read the original P.K.D. story "Soldier" was based on, but liked the movie on its own merits enough to buy it).

Wouldn't anything tied to Blade Runner also then make SOLDIER part of the same universe, or was that changed enough to seperate itself from BLADERUNNER as being in the same universe from its original story? (I never read the original P.K.D. story "Soldier" was based on, but liked the movie on its own merits enough to buy it).
Soldier was not based upon a Phick K ^^^^ story, it was from a script written by David Webb Peoples who also wrote the screenplay for Blade Runner and thus they called Soldier a "sidequel" - Soldier and BR were meant to be in the same universe and the former even makes references to BR in props and dialogue in the film.

As for Alien and BR, they shared the same production and concept designers Ron Cobb and Syd Mead so its assumed they could have just recycled their ideas for Scott.

I'm cool with anything that includes Aliens and Predator into it's universe. All things Sci-Fi should eventually become one big universe. It was awesome in P2 when we first saw an Alien skull on the wall.

The Hirogen in Star Trek Voyager were so totally a concept rip off of Predators.

148307.jpg

148308.jpg

That made me want to see a Predator in the Star Trek Universe. That would be the only great way for Kirk to die instead of falling off a scaffolding...

Not necroposting... just have to share my two cents...

I like to believe that Alien and Blade Runner are tied, and are occuring in the same universe, just decades and decades apart from one another. Ash always struck me as a low end, outdated replicant.

This thread again. I still want to see a Klingon hunted by a Predator. But given the nature of Klingons, would the Klingon be hunting the Predator?

This thread again. I still want to see a Klingon hunted by a Predator. But given the nature of Klingons, would the Klingon be hunting the Predator?

The Klingon vs Predator story-line would be an interesting one.

There is also another computer screen shot used in Alien and Blade Runner. I believe it was a case of them having these graphics available to them like stock footage. Scott talks about it in the directors cut of Alien.

Correct, I remembered that as well as him talking about some other props that were just reused. That happens quite a bit in movies of all kinds. Scott has no patience for musings like this so I would guess he definitely did not intend for the two movies to exist in the same universe. But, thinking about things like that is entertaining and since Blade Runner is such an awesome movie - it would be great if there were a sequel or some kind of EU around it.

You might as well say that Star Wars and Blade Runner are in the same universe because they re-used the Millennium Falcon as set dressing for Blade Runner. :p

You might as well say that Star Wars and Blade Runner are in the same universe because they re-used the Millennium Falcon as set dressing for Blade Runner. :p
don't forget star wars and et.
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ET

and star wars and close encounters.
https://www.eeggs.com/items/1350.html

they're not meant to be crossovers at all. it's mostly "nods" to fans and inside jokes by the production crews.
and given how ____ing awful of the alien/predator crossover movies were, i'd rather not see any more scifi crossovers ever again.

For me, Alien, Predator, The Terminator, Robocop, Blade Runner and now Avatar are all one big universe...

I think the Smurfs, He-Man, and Fraggles are also in the same universe as Robocop, Blade Runner, and Alien. GI Joe, however, is only in the same universe with Critters and the Stephen King films. Interesting, I think that She-Ra does not share the same universe as He-Man, but does share the same universe as the Schumacher Batman films, Sex in the City, and most of the Mario characters (with the exception of Metroid).

I think the Smurfs, He-Man, and Fraggles are also in the same universe as Robocop, Blade Runner, and Alien. GI Joe, however, is only in the same universe with Critters and the Stephen King films. Interesting, I think that She-Ra does not share the same universe as He-Man, but does share the same universe as the Schumacher Batman films, Sex in the City, and most of the Mario characters (with the exception of Metroid).

:lecture :lecture

galaxy quest and star trek are in the same universe.

:monkey3

That's just silly! GQ is only in the same universe as DS9 and Seaquest but not in the same universe as TOS or the non-TNG films!

Get it straight!

While we are at it...The Ewok films are CANNON!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Seriously though...

Your figures have to share the same shelf-universe as each other. For you customizers out there; what would you think about packaging for your customs?

Something like this design sold on ebay several years ago:
2295153499_c75ef1e897.jpg

Last edited:
Back