Alan Wake - American Nightmare

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? How so? They did pretty well with the first, only issue was the facial animation which was disgusting.

Well, facial animation is not gonna blow you away in this one either, but its clear that they have improved the V Synch, and the Alan Wake character model is very detailed. Lighting seems to be updated as well

I am appreciating the fact that the story (to me) is still there, and interesting. Like the little changes like fading HUD option, more weapon variety/enemy variety etc. Glad the whole 'finding manuscript pages' detail is back, too. Missed that in the two DLC episodes

I know Remedy has stated this sequel has been inspired by Urban Legends, and that is fair. To me, the whole 'I am in an factional setting of my own devising' is kinda reminiscent of Quantum Leap. Alan is the new Sam

Well, facial animation is not gonna blow you away in this one either, but its clear that they have improved the V Synch, and the Alan Wake character model is very detailed. Lighting seems to be updated as well

I am appreciating the fact that the story (to me) is still there, and interesting. Like the little changes like fading HUD option, more weapon variety/enemy variety etc. Glad the whole 'finding manuscript pages' detail is back, too. Missed that in the two DLC episodes

I know Remedy has stated this sequel has been inspired by Urban Legends, and that is fair. To me, the whole 'I am in an factional setting of my own devising' is kinda reminiscent of Quantum Leap. Alan is the new Sam

Is it a true sequel to Alan Wake, or a continuation ??? I HATE games that are open ended and then don't continue on in the story.

Only thing thats weird to me: every other character - aside from Alan - is a 'babe of the week' kinda character. Nothing like that in the original, so I am kinda like, 'WTF?'

LOL

I suffered through the first one, gameplay wise, but I did enjoy the story but can't say I'll pick up any more. Happy for those who do though.

Thanks, Plasmid - ok, I am probably 2/3rds thru game, and the story is a natural progression of the DLC eps, The Signal and The Writer.

I am happy to report that there are - thus far - no floating words you have to shoot. LOL. I hated that in the last couple eps

The Arizona setting is a good backdrop for this game - nice change from the forest like setting of Bright Falls

Ok, finished this a couple of days ago, and I had fun with it, especially for just $15. Took 5 hours or so for story mode. My one (major) complaint - way too easy to beat. I got used to AW Nightmare mode, so this didn't really challenge me

Ok, finished this a couple of days ago, and I had fun with it, especially for just $15. Took 5 hours or so for story mode. My one (major) complaint - way too easy to beat. I got used to AW Nightmare mode, so this didn't really challenge me

Is there no Nightmare mode for this game ?????

Back