Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point being, Mondo needs to hurry it up and tackle Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman.

I'd be guessing that 89 Batman would be both hard to acquire and very expensive to produce due to royalties. Nicholson's royalties alone are through the roof.

And God forbid that you have to Prince's name in the credits, because that alone would be a **** storm I bet.

****, I missed it too. My boss wanted to take me to lunch so we left at 11:50 EST (probably seconds before it went up) :lol

Oh well, I'll grab it later at some point.. congrats to those who did score it though! :clap

As far as V goes, I like seeing Mondo tackle all of these modern DC films, but why, oh, why, can't they tackle the classics? So far, it seems like the closest they've got were the Edmiston Nicholson & Stamp paintings, and MAYBE, the JC Richard Fortress of Solitude print, but, even then, that one could very well be a comic print, as well, as evidenced by the Batcave companion piece they did later on.

Point being, Mondo needs to hurry it up and tackle Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman.

The classic DC prints from Mondo hasn't got me excited at all. I really thought they would have some good stuff for the old Superman and Batman movies. Even the Dark Knight movies didn't get anything I wanted. Man of Steel is the best so far. But none top what Mondo did for Avengers. And I didn't like a few of those (Hawkeye and Black Widow).

The classic DC prints from Mondo hasn't got me excited at all. I really thought they would have some good stuff for the old Superman and Batman movies. Even the Dark Knight movies didn't get anything I wanted. Man of Steel is the best so far. But none top what Mondo did for Avengers. And I didn't like a few of those (Hawkeye and Black Widow).

I don't know, I'm looking up at the Jock variant print that they did for TDKR right now, as we speak, and I'd say they did a pretty awesome job with that one, but it was so limited that I don't even know if that qualifies as an actual release. I really hope that we can get some classic DC stuff. Be it Superman or Batman, I hope we see something; part of me actually hopes that, with the recent licensing stuff, we see, at the very least, a 66 Batman print. The Huckleberry one looked great, but it was a weird size, and I don't think it was available outside of SDCC. But, in the event that none of that comes to fruition, hopefully, we get a Batfleck/Superman print that's just as good as its predecessor come 2015.:lol

I don't know, I'm looking up at the Jock variant print that they did for TDKR right now, as we speak, and I'd say they did a pretty awesome job with that one, but it was so limited that I don't even know if that qualifies as an actual release. I really hope that we can get some classic DC stuff. Be it Superman or Batman, I hope we see something; part of me actually hopes that, with the recent licensing stuff, we see, at the very least, a 66 Batman print. The Huckleberry one looked great, but it was a weird size, and I don't think it was available outside of SDCC. But, in the event that none of that comes to fruition, hopefully, we get a Batfleck/Superman print that's just as good as its predecessor come 2015.:lol

I really thought Mondo was going to have a trilogy of Dark Knight prints. Like with Star Wars. My first Mondo print was the TRON set by Martin Ansin. That's what I was looking to see from Mondo with the Dark Knight series. Sadly I guess that won't happen now.

Fortress of Solitude is pure win

I thought about getting that one but Superman isn't big enough. I didn't know where I would display it.

I really thought Mondo was going to have a trilogy of Dark Knight prints. Like with Star Wars. My first Mondo print was the TRON set by Martin Ansin. That's what I was looking to see from Mondo with the Dark Knight series. Sadly I guess that won't happen now.

I thought about getting that one but Superman isn't big enough. I didn't know where I would display it.

I'd love to see some individual posters for each film, but, for the time being, I'm happy with my Jock Variant Print :D (though, to be fair, it is a TDKR poster, so we don't really know if they may be working on stuff for Begins and TDK. Regardless, I just want to see these DC characters get more love. They go all out on Marvel, yet I haven't seen much outside of MoS and TDKR that wasn't of the more abstract properties (Watchmen; V for Vendetta).

I just don't get it. Isn't one of Mondo's big things about (cult?) classics from the 70's and 80's? What better than Reeve Superman and Batman to represent that?:lol

I'd love to see some individual posters for each film, but, for the time being, I'm happy with my Jock Variant Print :D (though, to be fair, it is a TDKR poster, so we don't really know if they may be working on stuff for Begins and TDK. Regardless, I just want to see these DC characters get more love. They go all out on Marvel, yet I haven't seen much outside of MoS and TDKR that wasn't of the more abstract properties (Watchmen; V for Vendetta).

I just don't get it. Isn't one of Mondo's big things about (cult?) classics from the 70's and 80's? What better than Reeve Superman and Batman to represent that?:lol

They did have those bad guy portrait prints. So it's not like they can't do the 89 Batman or the Reeve Superman. Maybe they are just in the works or not approved yet.

Anyone up for Creepshow?

It looked as though it was an insensitive remark. If it wasn't meant that way then great.

Back