Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mondo said they will be releasing more in the future so I'm guessing they just started with ROTK and will follow with the rest. I guess this means the hobbit is guaranteed now too. :gah::gah:

I can definitely see Stout doing a montage of everyone, but I have a tough time seeing him beating Jerry V. Not saying I wouldn't try for one of course :monkey1

a stout set would break the interwebs :monkey1

Just scored a regular ROTK print for $180 with $20 in ebay bucks to put towards it. Probably stupid to grab one during the frenzy, but even the regular only has 260 total. I will probably try for the variant at some point. Hopefully that will drop in price a bit. :impatient:

Just scored a regular ROTK print for $180 with $20 in ebay bucks to put towards it. Probably stupid to grab one during the frenzy, but even the regular only has 260 total. I will probably try for the variant at some point. Hopefully that will drop in price a bit. :impatient:

I would go after the ROTK, but I want to see the other rings prints first

Everyone that attended MMMX got a regular poster included with their ticket. On top of that there were 100 of 125 variants sold separately which sold out. From what I understand Horkey gets the extras but they don't go for sale online they go to members of his subscriber base or "Horkey Illuminati". :dunno

Everyone that attended MMMX got a regular poster included with their ticket. On top of that there were 100 of 125 variants sold separately which sold out. From what I understand Horkey gets the extras but they don't go for sale online they go to members of his subscriber base or "Horkey Illuminati". :dunno

Thanks for clearing that up... $%*)%# secret societies!! :mad:

I don't know if there were any leftovers of the regular that will be put up for sale later. If I find out I'll let everyone know.

Unlike other screenings and special events, the prints for the Mondo Mystery Movies are exclusive to the event. They do not sell leftovers online. The artists can't even sell leftovers online. They do it to their private mailing lists or through direct e-mail contact, but no MMM posters will be officially available online.

:monkey2

anyone know anything about this print?

This was posted by someone on another forum....

That print is NOT the print for summer of 82. That print is in fact for a event that happened in San Antonio. The print is by Timothy Pitides. He does a lot of art for metal bands and horror. I actually grew up with him and his younger brother who lived in my town. While it may not be the mondo art style I do like his work.

This was posted by someone on another forum....

That print is NOT the print for summer of 82. That print is in fact for a event that happened in San Antonio. The print is by Timothy Pitides. He does a lot of art for metal bands and horror. I actually grew up with him and his younger brother who lived in my town. While it may not be the mondo art style I do like his work.

Cool thanks

I was hoping for something a bit more. I remember seeing this release, but wasn't a fan.

I didn't like it when I saw it online but it looks much much nicer in person. It's one of those images where you really need to see the details that aren't in the scan.

I didn't like it when I saw it online but it looks much much nicer in person. It's one of those images where you really need to see the details that aren't in the scan.

How's the quality of paper that it's printed on?

How's the quality of paper that it's printed on?

It's glossier than regular Mondo paper, but it's less glossy and thicker than regular posters. It has a nice thickness to it. And Spidey looks a lot more detailed in person. It's very slim linework that makes him up and it looks a lot cleaner in person.

Got a King Kong regular this morning. That has been on the top of my "to get" list from Mondo for a long while now. The variant was just a bit expensive and had a bit too much gorilla face for my office here!

Interestingly, the Kong prints were made as part of Mondo's Film Foundation series. The Film Foundation, which is a group that is led by Martin Scorsese to preserve the history of cinema, rents office space from us here at the Directors Guild on Sunset in Hollywood, and I know the people who run it well. So I heard about this Kong screening/print ages ago. I feel vindicated that I am FINALLY getting one.

Patience is a virtue indeed!

Back