Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there was a bride of frank variant on ebay which I've been chasing for quite awhile. It ended up bringing just over 2k. Unfreakinbelievable.... I knew it was going to go probably over 1k, but that is just too high for me. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

It is an unbelievable print, but man 2k :gah:

Yeah, I remember seeing that. I was dumbfounded at the price it was going for. I would never pay that much for a print. I'll draw the thing myself by sight, then spend that money on rent... or a collectible. :yess:

I still think it's a bit fascinating that when SS tries to sell a fairly good exclusive of Mondo poster (Ken Taylor's "Beneath the Planet of the Apes") with an edition run of only 100, it's still available nearly 12 hours later.

Had this been a direct drop by Mondo, all of our screens would have timed out and we'd be cursing our internet service, Mondo's server, God, flippers, and everything else.

I'm not complaining. I wish all mondo drops were like this.

If anyone has any of the prints in my WTB thread and are willing to sell let me know! Sucks I wasn't able to get any of the Avengers prints. Though the only one I was really interested in was the Black Widow one.

I still think it's a bit fascinating that when SS tries to sell a fairly good exclusive of Mondo poster (Ken Taylor's "Beneath the Planet of the Apes") with an edition run of only 100, it's still available nearly 12 hours later.

Had this been a direct drop by Mondo, all of our screens would have timed out and we'd be cursing our internet service, Mondo's server, God, flippers, and everything else.

I'm not complaining. I wish all mondo drops were like this.

I think it's funny that there are many prints available out there through other outlets than ebay at face value yet they sell for $150-$250 on ebay.

Battle for the Planet of the Apes and Beneath the Planet of the Apes variants are up @ Sideshow. $55 each is a nice price.

that is a nice price. I almost caved but passed.

Price may be because they are also smaller than most prints ? Or am I wrong?

Shoot, we'll ALL need help if it's a Stout Avengers print. Even if they rock off a higher-end number run (similar to the Stout Star Wars stuff), it'll likely be a bloodbath before the tweet even goes out.

Grab your rabbit's feet with crossed fingers and start praying to every deity you can think of. Quoth thine Han of Solo; You're gonna need it.

:wink1: :monkey1

I would expect the Stout to have a run of 600-650. The went up to the 800s for Star Wars, but that was an exception and they haven't gone anywhere near that since then. The fact that the single character Avengers prints stayed in the 300s makes me think that we will be getting 650 max prints from Stout for the regular, and maybe 185-200 variants.

Yeah, if its stout I would expect a higher ES but its still gonna be a pain. I would imagine it will be ebay time for 99% of us. :lol

Yeah, if its stout I would expect a higher ES but its still gonna be a pain. I would imagine it will be ebay time for 99% of us. :lol

I want a full set of seven (not including the variants), and I am prepared to go to eBay for the Stout. But it would be sure be nice to get it from Mondo!

If I can't get the print (which I probably can't) then I will get it in the future on ebay. It's fine. This is of course, if I even like it. There have been a few I haven't.

I know Sideshow lost the Universal license, but it would be great if they could somehow distribute variants of the Universal Monsters prints.

Back