Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ok. Thanks Ink. So there shouldn't be any problems with the adhesives on the spacers or with buckling with larger prints?

BTW, I listened to your advice regarding the Durieux Dark Knight print and saw it for less than retail a few weeks ago. I didn't pick it up though as I wasn't really digging it anymore. Just glad I didn't pull the trigger on it and over pay after it sold out. Thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recommend them. I used to use them A LOT. Photos will eventually 'buckle/bend'. They're too thin of contact in relation to the overall surface area of the photo/print, and will eventually touch the glass. You could argue the same about a 'low profile' matting, but that's why I don't go with that either.

I've seen those spacing strips used on YouTube videos but never been able to find anywhere selling them.

You can get them at Michaels (craft store.)

I don't really care for mats on my prints. Lookin good though!

I like mats for certain prints, like my Halloween.

Looks great! Newbie question but how do you get the print to not touch the glazing without any mats? I've recently started to buy supplies with the intention of framing my prints myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, a spacer is only good on a smaller print. Once you start getting as big as 24x36 the print is still going to touch the glass, even with spacers. Sorry to say...

K - showing my ignorance (yet again :) ) - what are "mats"?

A mat is a piece of heavy duty paper or light cardboard that you put around your print. It adds style and also helps keep the print off of the glass. For example, here is my Halloween print with a triple Mat...Black, red, black. I also used Museum glass. So my framing job alone was $1000. But I got a 50% off so luckily only paid $500.

IMG_0193.jpg

If you want it done right and look right you have to pay. It can take a print to another level.

Good luck getting both, one was a private commission and the other is sold out

Both are on eBay right now but both sellers are using the "GSP" I mentioned - so not going there :)

I suppose I could ask one of my buds in the States to get them and ship on to me instead
eusa_think.gif

According to the listings, the one on the left (36" x 24") was limited to 100, the one on the right (36" x 18") to 300.

Both%20Predator%20posters_zpsperslaxm.jpg~c100

This is a nice print Spike...

Thanks for the thought mate - but not a fan of those.

I have these 2 on my radar, but want to get them from the same seller if possible to save on shipping.

Also need a seller that doesn't use the rip-off "Global Shipping program" that eBay forced/introduced a couple of years back.

Both%20Predator%20posters_zpsperslaxm.jpg

For the Eng on the left, definitely forgo that regular version for the variant. It's superior.

Both are on eBay right now but both sellers are using the "GSP" I mentioned - so not going there :)

I suppose I could ask one of my buds in the States to get them and ship on to me instead
eusa_think.gif

According to the listings, the one on the left (36" x 24") was limited to 100, the one on the right (36" x 18") to 300.

Both%20Predator%20posters_zpsperslaxm.jpg~c100

. . .

Done
bgrin.gif

Back