Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like movies, I really do, but, for some reason, when it comes to these posters, the DC stuff's all I'm interested in. With that in mind, I'd never go to eBay for everything, but, if I absolutely had to, I could probably bring myself to bite the $150 bullet on eBay, so long as it wasn't $300+.

I like movies, I really do, but, for some reason, when it comes to these posters, the DC stuff's all I'm interested in. With that in mind, I'd never go to eBay for everything, but, if I absolutely had to, I could probably bring myself to bite the $150 bullet on eBay, so long as it wasn't $300+.

That's funny as the only Ghost in the Shell variants are above $300 and no one wants to start a normal auction at a reasonable price even though they know the print is in demand.

I REALLY like the Batman Beyond one....not sure if enough to buy one, but tempting.

It's good. But the Alex Ross painting is still the best Batman Beyond image. And it's from Return of the Joker.

I was a little surprised by the lack of Ross at the show, honestly. I had it in my head that his Iron Giant print for Mondocon was sort of a "harbinger of Ross," if you will, for the Batman 75 show. As much as I love a ton of the stuff there, there were a few glaring omissions; the lack of anything 89, for one. It's that films 25th anniversary, and nada. Between the Jock TDKR Variant and the Ansin 66, you pretty much have the two extremes covered, and it's a bit jarring that there's nothing for the middleground, if you will.

I was a little surprised by the lack of Ross at the show, honestly. I had it in my head that his Iron Giant print for Mondocon was sort of a "harbinger of Ross," if you will, for the Batman 75 show. As much as I love a ton of the stuff there, there were a few glaring omissions; the lack of anything 89, for one. It's that films 25th anniversary, and nada. Between the Jock TDKR Variant and the Ansin 66, you pretty much have the two extremes covered, and it's a bit jarring that there's nothing for the middleground, if you will.

That's the way Mondo's been for a while

It's almost the same with Drew Struzan. I thought we would get new artwork.

And I too really thought that at least Martin Ansin would have 89 Batman or Dark Knight trilogy prints for the show. Maybe Mondo doesn't like the 89 Batman that much.

Another weak Halloween month for Mondo too. They haven't hit the big ones for me yet. Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street.

I was at the gallery yesterday, there is plenty of most of the posters left so I'm sure most will go online (and then stay online for two seconds, but still they'll probably be there...)

Just caught wind of Kevin Tong's Batman Begins and Phantom City Creative's Joker's Favor prints. Both look fantastic. But I'm partial to the Joker's Favor -gotta find a way to get that.

Back