Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure GID prints don't normally look like that in-person (don't own any prints with GID). I think that the print is exposed to a black light to make the GID pop and then the image is taken.

I've seen my friend's Ansin Bride of Frankenstein variant glow from exposure to regular light and it looks just as good as that.

Apparently all the Stout Drive posters sold out at the gallery event, so I'm pretty much f'd in the a.

For those wondering, it's been confirmed that there will be no AP's of Ken Taylor's work from the gallery show. That means nothing of his going up on Posters and Toys.

And I thought Mondo was trying to be more considerate of fans that don't live in Texas. It seems like they are trying to upset people again...We'll know for sure next week.

I'm starting to warm up on the Metropolis variant.

That's the way I'm going. I thought the variant was brown in the early images. But I've seen more images and it's gold metallic.

Why would they sell the whole run of Drive posters at the show? It makes zero sense that they wouldn't save at least 200 for online.

That's mondo for you....

LAME. Seeing as how it's extremely popular, you'd think they would've definitely saved some for online. It's not a must have for me, but if I could've gotten it for retail cost, I would've bought it.

First of all, Stout took half of his prints to do lottery's, etc. So Mondo only had half.

Second, I'm pretty sure the people who flew out and sat in line for days deserve first shot at any amount of prints that they had available. Cool stuff happens in different cities, and countries that not everyone gets to partake it. It just so happens that you like prints, and Mondo has some great ones and it's in a city you can't make it to. Can't really be pissed at them for that one.

First of all, Stout took half of his prints to do lottery's, etc. So Mondo only had half.

Second, I'm pretty sure the people who flew out and sat in line for days deserve first shot at any amount of prints that they had available. Cool stuff happens in different cities, and countries that not everyone gets to partake it. It just so happens that you like prints, and Mondo has some great ones and it's in a city you can't make it to. Can't really be pissed at them for that one.

Well a lottery is still a lottery. There's no guarantee. I stand by what I said. I still think there should've been a certain amount held back for an online sale considering the popularity of the movie. Also I'm not really pissed. I could do without the print, but like I said would've gladly picked it up for retail. I'll live.

Everyone would rather the chance to pick something up at retail. I paid $275 for my Halloween print. Of course I would have loved a chance to get it at retail. Sadly, it didn't happen in my city. The people that sit at home comfortably do not deserve a print more than a person sitting outside for a crap ton of hours just because they want it, too.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

It was a great time finally making the pilgrimage to Austin.. I drove down from Kansas City. BuffyGirl is cool as hell and is a great ambassador to Austin.

Any Mondo head needs to make the trip and reap the rewards. We stood in line over 24 hours which is only made bearable by the friends you can make.. I went down not knowing anyone nor having any idea what to expect and luckily it all kicked ***. Wood Djangos for everyone!

abd573725791b6637aef44804a4ca59a_zpsc0944680.jpg

If you want to talk to the homeless you can also have a chance to do that!

0624b7459bbf56d5a3bb5a4e81b05ab1_zps819ef35c.jpg

Everyone would rather the chance to pick something up at retail. I paid $275 for my Halloween print. Of course I would have loved a chance to get it at retail. Sadly, it didn't happen in my city. The people that sit at home comfortably do not deserve a print more than a person sitting outside for a crap ton of hours just because they want it, too.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The Halloween print was made specifically for a special screening with John Carpenter to benefit the Debra Hill Film Festival. It's kind of unfair to compare the release of a single Halloween print to not only the Drive prints, but all the others ones that were at the gallery.

I understand the exclusivity of the Halloween print but it doesn't make sense for the prints at the gallery.

It was a great time finally making the pilgrimage to Austin.. I drove down from Kansas City. BuffyGirl is cool as hell and is a great ambassador to Austin.

Any Mondo head needs to make the trip and reap the rewards. We stood in line over 24 hours which is only made bearable by the friends you can make.. I went down not knowing anyone nor having any idea what to expect and luckily it all kicked ***. Wood Djangos for everyone!

abd573725791b6637aef44804a4ca59a_zpsc0944680.jpg

If you want to talk to the homeless you can also have a chance to do that!

0624b7459bbf56d5a3bb5a4e81b05ab1_zps819ef35c.jpg

You were pretty awesome yourself. I had a lot of fun hanging out with you.

I'll post that pic of us tomorrow. :)

And again i say, whomever waits in line for hours deserves first crack.

All I know is that line thing could be really bad one day. I watched a video and the line went down, around, behind the block, and across the street. You start mixing alcohol and people waiting a day for a print. All it will take is one guy coming out and screaming "I got the last (insert poster here)" and boom. Or the people who go in the gallery simply to hand the prints off to flippers. That will get old fast when actual fans are waiting and miss out.

Anyway, fingers crossed Mondo tweets the situation tomorrow. Or I'll have to go to a flipper for what I want. First time for everything I guess...

If any do not sell before the gallery closes, then of course they will make it up. I have no idea how many they have left. I can try to find out. I know that my prints were pretty in order. My numbers on them were close to where I was in line. Mostly lower since not everyone bought each print.

Back