Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg I'm so tired. I got a bunch of stuff for me, of course. I poster buddied with a few people as well.

All I can say is that I wont do this again unless Ken's name is on the list. Which is the only reason I was in line this time. That guy is amazing.

I went to Flastock first on Thursday, as I had mentioned. His line was crazy. I'm not sure what the heck was going on with one person but the line was at a standstill for 1 full hour. It finally started to move so it had to be that guy. He had some great pieces at his booth. Halloween variant, Poltergeist, etc. Stuff went quick. I would say I was at least 30 or more people back. I got up to the booth and spoke to Ken. He knew who I was so that was awesome. Since I was next in line, whatever I wanted was mine before anyone else. The book was passed down the line before I got to see it and I heard someone say Rocky Horror. I was there for Rocky Horror if they had it so I looked at Ken and said "that's the one I wanted." He walked over to the uncut beauties and handed them to me.

I was over the moon. Definitely my highlight moment.

Got in line before 7pm Thursday. I wouldn't have but the line was getting crazy! I'm glad I did in the end because I met so many amazing people. I had a ton of fun and morbidaj and I had an awesome bonding experience. Good guy! Thanks for picking me up and also taking me home, buddy!

I was asked to police the line with a buddy of mine from another forum and it was a lot of fun. Everyone in that line was in great spirits. I didn't encounter any jerks. It was all around amazing.

When I was done getting my prints I went through the back doors and Ken was having a beer. I went up to him and spoke to him more about his art. I told him I was there for him. I made a joke that seeing 'drive, drive, drive, drive' was not very interesting, nothing against Stout. :lol I thanked him for his multitude of different prints and then gushed to him (very maturely) about how much I love my Sucker Punch print, etc. He hugged me and we spoke for a bit about Austin and then I had to leave. I was so damn tired.

I will go all the way back to Mondo for stuff if you guys want it bad enough, but at least be fair and make it worth it for me.

As for stuff I'm definitely keeping...of course my Rocky Horror, duh, Beetlejuice and American Werewolf. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

I took a ton of photos so I will get those up here soon.

Last edited:
Did you get me a Halloween variant? ;) :panic: :thud:

Sounds like you had a great time. I really dig Taylor too. That's far too intense of an experience for me though...

Did you get me a Halloween variant? ;) :panic: :thud:

Sounds like you had a great time. I really dig Taylor too. That's far too intense of an experience for me though...

Um, nope. It was $625 and I wasn't first in line. Besides, I only wanted RHPS, and I got it.

I'm just really exhausted, however, I cannot sleep any more right now. I look like a bloody zombie.

It's been a tough decision for us because we do not want to let either American Werewolf go, however, we may let 1 go. We love them both and I think the variant will win out since the regular is grey, and so is our Beetlejuice. We still may keep them both.

Here's Mitch and Ken Taylor, at ken's booth.

20130314_154303_zps7898f61c.jpg

20130314_154335_zpse9cff237.jpg

20130314_154352_zps5ca7d888.jpg

20130314_145034_zps700dd077.jpg

20130314_154402_zps3a4343f9.jpg

These were at a random station all by themselves. Dunno who's they were.
20130314_153759_zps7bd78386.jpg

ohmygod.... I NEED THAT CHRYSLER BUILDING PIC!!!!!!!!!! anyone?!?!?! HELP!!?!?!?!?

ohman...

It was SUPER popular. :D I'm not going back to flatstock, sorry. :(

Jay Shaw was also there. I spoke with him Thursday and Friday. Super cool guy. He handed these out before the show: The average one had black and gold and I think the red was the rare variant. I got the red. woo

wow... that is cool!!! I didn't expect you to go running back, BG... sweet as you are, THAT'S nuts... but if anyone has a line on one... or can point me in the right way... eeeps!!!!

BuffyGirl - If you ever see Ken Taylor again, drop him hints about those other Deco movies I mentioned with Metropolis.

My thoughts (re-posted from the other forum):

The gallery show was a thankful relief. No real must owns for me. None should go for crazy flipper prices. Perhaps Watchmen and Drive because of the edition sizes. And those metal/wood variant prints. My thoughts/maybes:

Metropolis - I still haven't seen the movie yet but I think this is the poster of the show. If the movie is good I'll try to get one. I don't think it will shoot up in price. Old sci-fi movies seem to get little interest from Mondo fans. But now I really want to see what Ken Taylor can do with The Rocketeer, The Shadow, Batman 89, DickTracy, Poirot, The Cat's Meow, or other Deco period properties.

Watchmen - I don't really need a Watchmen poster. Maybe after I get around to reading the comic. I kind of want to see Ken Taylor do character posters for Watchmen now. One for Ozymandias as I like the Egyptian stuff going on in the top part. I thought his character was cool. Same goes for Silk Spectre. I love the prison fight. Maybe the Owl guy but he was just a Batman variant to me. With this poster the variant is definitely the way to go. But far too much blue going on in both. It reminds me of what he did with Sucker Punch. This should have more color like The Avengers poster. Remember Silk Spectre had that black and yellow costume that really popped on screen. Too bad the variant is so limited. I can't believe they made less on Watchmen compared to Jurassic Park as most Mondo fans are comic fans.

Rambo - The poster makes me want to see the movie again. The only thing I remember about it is that some town people didn't want to serve a veteran or something. I remember the awesome Rambo III SEGA Genesis game more. I'm actually humming the music now after seeing the poster. Both versions look cool for Rambo fans. I think I'll see the movie again.

Drive - Looking at both of the Drive cityscape prints, I wish Mondo would do a Miami Vice print. Or let Tyler Stout try a TRON print. I don't think I need this print and the record will be ok if I need to see the image in my collection. But I can't believe Mondo made more Attack the Block than Drive...

Last edited:
Here's Mitch and Ken Taylor, at ken's booth.

I always wonder what the artist of some of these prints look like. I saw a picture of Tyler Stout on EB and it was one of those aha moments.

The only prints that interest me from this show are Watchmen (not sure which I like better on reg vs variant) and Attack the Block. Here's hoping there are some left for an online drop.

Back