Aladdin (live action directed by Guy Ritchie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I buy a Jasmine doll and bring it out with me in public, will the big boys laugh at me and beat me up?

SJW Disney should be deeply ashamed they did not cast a middle eastern actress as jasmine. For God sake they won’t even allow white kids to wear Maui costumes [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muahaha merchandise has leaked the live action genie in all his blue glory.

63961FEF-8815-4910-AED4-9F7D45733EC9.jpeg

Send it back to hell, in the name of G-Zeus!!!

Yeah, I was watching this and thought, "this doesn't look so bad. . ." Then Will Smith Genie popped out. Sweet lord, kill it with fire.

Yep. Keep that **** in the bottle buried under that sand for eternity. A damn shame because everything else looks decent before being utterly ****ed by Will Smith's blue abomination.

His demeanor seems very out of place, given the tone the commercial sets prior to that. I get that you need something comedic as a reference to Robin Williams, but it seems like he's speaking in a modern, hip way? Not sure it works in live action. But we do only get a brief glimpse of things, so maybe it's deceptive.

Also, Will Smith is many things, but I don't think he's ever been a comedian, which is primarily what the cartoon genie was. I wonder if, say, Kevin Hart wouldn't have been a better choice for this character. Personally, I think Dana Carvey could be an awesome choice here, but. . .he's not gonna get butts in seats I guess.

His demeanor seems very out of place, given the tone the commercial sets prior to that. I get that you need something comedic as a reference to Robin Williams, but it seems like he's speaking in a modern, hip way? Not sure it works in live action. But we do only get a brief glimpse of things, so maybe it's deceptive.

People will not be too happy with that, because he is a very hip genie.

Genie gets to be shirtless but Jasmine has to cover up her midriff. BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Back