Statue AH! Catwoman Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realistically I love Hughes' artwork and his take on Catwoman but even if I had 2K to drop without blinking it wouldn't be on a 3 foot representation of this.

Sideshow is banking on AH!'s name, boobs and the fact that TDKR is coming to make this sell but I have a feeling this will go the other way. People aren't going to Ledger fanboy for Hathaway and that is assuming she is even memorable in this and not another "Rachel".

I thought Old Ben was a risky move for this scale with that pricetag but this may be the riskiest one yet and a strange one for a company who is trying to launch a new line. They went artist specific and use that scale to introduce a popular character into their stable of products? Very strange.

At 1:4 an AH! Catwoman PF would have flown off of the shelves, a 1:2 AH! Catwoman LSF will be one of those things that people say looks cool but no one ever actually buys save maybe 10 people on these boards.

This is exactly how I feel. I am a HUGE Catwoman fan (obviously, she's my avatar) but I will not buy a $2,000 LSB based on Adam Hughes art. If she had been a PF, then without question, yes!

I'll only do Spider-Man and Batman in LSF. And it would hurt to do that right now, so I can wait. All other LSF= Pass. Too much money, and not enough space, but these were meant to be centerpieces, not collect em all.

How do you guys know this will be around 1500 to 2000$ ? Looks too plain. I think it'll be around 300$.

How do you guys know this will be around 1500 to 2000$ ? Looks too plain. I think it'll be around 300$.

Maul the only LSF we have is $2000 and he is Polystone, Fabric and a light up lightsaber. Catwoman is just Polystone, Fabric but with an artist specific piece I'm sure that'll add to the cost. Not to mention that several outlets were posting that this new line from Sideshow would be in that range for these offerings. I have no doubts this will be at least $1800 if not the $2000 out right.

(We are talking about this in multiple threads but it doesn't have a dedicated one)

From Sideshow's Twitter feed:

Not only is it confirmed as a PF, but from the sounds of it, it might be debuted soon.

so if it's confirmed as a pf, where is all this LSF stuff coming from about this piece? If this is a LSF, which I don't think it is, nobody is gonna buy that if it's near $2k and if it is indeed a LSF, it's just a dumb move on their part cause I believe all this LSF stuff will lead to the dimise of SS if their pumping out 4+ of these a year.

It isn't, my original posting was based on the fact it is a cut and sew piece that it'd be naturally a PF, right after I posted that I got a few messages here and on Twitter that it wasn't in fact either but an LSF and someone pointed out the shot were you see the hand sculpting and it's fairly large.

I don't think you can tell it's a LSF from that small picture, I know which one your talking about. I don't think that's enough to go off of. It just wouldn't make sense. Catwomen isn't popular enough to sell well in that scale. 1/4 or 1/5 defn, but not 1/2. I guess we'll see. If it's a LSF, I can't wait to read the hundreds of posts that say they won't be buying it :lol

Catwomen isn't popular enough to sell well in that scale. 1/4 or 1/5 defn, but not 1/2.

I disagree. If any female is popular enough to be granted an LSF, that's gotta be Catwoman imo. Only Wonder Woman would come a close second in my book - I'm sure many will put her before Selina because of her iconicity, but Ms. Kyle is both iconic and black leather-clad. :drool

So is Black Cat, mind you, but she's nowhere near as popular.

That said, I too am a little puzzled as to why they'd release her as an LSF first, but you gotta start somewhere.

:rolleyes:

Blonde catwoman with superpowers is silly. Almost as silly as a mousy Selina Kyle.

If you want Tim Burton fan fiction, Hot Toys is probably your best bet.

I disagree. If any female is popular enough to be granted an LSF, that's gotta be Catwoman imo. Only Wonder Woman would come a close second in my book - I'm sure many will put her before Selina because of her iconicity, but Ms. Kyle is both iconic and black leather-clad. :drool

So is Black Cat, mind you, but she's nowhere near as popular.

That said, I too am a little puzzled as to why they'd release her as an LSF first, but you gotta start somewhere.

she may be a very iconic character, but when do you see people plopping down 2k for a female statue?

she may be a very iconic character, but when do you see people plopping down 2k for a female statue?

Uh, maybe... I don't know... the same people that do just that for a male statue?

Not me, certainly, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

Back