Agent 47 (Hitman Reboot)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I never played the games myself but had to sit and watch my friend play through the first two enough. Looks pretty generic and lacks stealth. Shame video games still aren't taken seriously.

The guy doesn't fit into 47 at all, and it's too action packed for it to be anything close to the games. Video Game films are almost always failures to the source material.

I wish Duncan Jones had worked out a deal with Valve. He was supposedly trying to get Portal and Half-Life rights.

Valve keeps saying if they ever do movies, they will be in-house, like starting their own studio. I'd really love to see that happen and jump start the genre.

It's a shame Olyphant is out. He actually wasn't terrible ... though, as I understand it, he hated doing it.

That being said, I think 'horrendus' is an overstatement. Looks fairly generic. But, not that bad. Then again, I never played the games.

SnakeDoc

I liked him at 47, it's just sucks that his motives of saving some girl were completely out of 47's character.

The first Hitman movie had so much wrong - namely that 47 had actual emotion, and he only displays emotion on rare instances like when Diana 'betrayed' him in Blood Money, and once or twice to the antagonists in Absolution. He was particularly kind hearted to Victoria, but he still maintained his monotone.

The huge amount of action is unneeded and doesn't fit the game - a few instances could work since the games themselves had a few forced/implied action moments, but this is too much. The guy is making a better effort than Olyphant (emotion, no.) and the movie looks (very) slightly better than the old one, but still not good at all.

Well the game goes either way. First time I play, I do as minimal kills and mostly stealth. Second time, I go full ****ing Rambo. I wouldn't say it isn't true to the game, because you still can do action; but it prides itself more for stealth. JMO.

Trailers here and getting torn to shreds.

Wow, they completely missed the point of the Hitman games - again! :slap

Hitman is not an action series. You are mechanically punished by the games for going in all guns blazing where not appropriate, which is 90% of the time.

If anything, a Hitman film should be a fairly low-key, extremely tense noir-ish affair in which we follow 47 as he creates incredibly elaborate assassinations designed to look like accidents. Maybe pit him against a cop who suspects the deaths might not be accidental, or a rival assassination agency. This isn't difficult, it just needs a low budget, a great director and star and an R-rating.

Wow, they completely missed the point of the Hitman games - again! :slap

Hitman is not an action series. You are mechanically punished by the games for going in all guns blazing where not appropriate, which is 90% of the time.

If anything, a Hitman film should be a fairly low-key, extremely tense noir-ish affair in which we follow 47 as he creates incredibly elaborate assassinations designed to look like accidents. Maybe pit him against a cop who suspects the deaths might not be accidental, or a rival assassination agency. This isn't difficult, it just needs a low budget, a great director and star and an R-rating.

it would obviously be too boring to make it that way. kids just want big explosions and lots of shootings

Back