Age of Reptiles: The Journey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, so it goes like this:

Tribal Warfare
The Hunt
The Journey

That's the order I should be reading them?

Well, since the first issue of The Journey isn't out until November 4, I'd start on the other two. Otherwise I would read Tribal Warfare first, since it's really just a tale of all out war, making the T.rex and Deinonychus relationship in the tale comparable to an escalated version of today's relationship between lions and hyenas in Africa. There really aren't any truly redeemable characters; all are thoroughly brutal protagonists and antagonists who have embraced their predatory roles on a level comparable to warlords and autocrats.

There's a good bit more depth to The Hunt, centered around an Allosaur's coming-of-age/revenge tale opposite a marauding pack of Ceratosaurs with cryptic coloration that would make chameleons envious.

Tribal Warfare
The Hunt
The Journey

That would be my recommendation, though again thus far there are no connections between the insular narratives.

Did you find somewhere to get Tribal Warfare and The Hunt? I looked (briefly) but didn't see anywhere to get them except on Amazon where they were very expensive.

I avoid ebay. Its far too easy to buy things I want but don't need, have money for, space for, and have absolutely no business buying. I fear the first time I buy something on there it'll be like a gateway drug and I'll become an addict. :lol

If you contact him he'll probably refer you to Stuart NG books. Years ago when I first got in touch with him they were offering the Tylosaurus litho as well as the Cryolophosaurus litho. Now, to my knowledge, they just have the Tylosaurus. Try them for the Tylosaurus, otherwise eBay is actually a very safe bet, and if you use them you can also save on shipping if you get several... which I believe is what I did.

Appreciate the leads. I may try contacting him directly since I'm not coming up with anything on ebay. Maybe need to refine my search. Kinda kicking myself now for not completing the series because I snapped up his T-Rex litho as soon as it came out with plans on getting the rest later on. The Cryo with young would've been my next one.

Appreciate the leads. I may try contacting him directly since I'm not coming up with anything on ebay. Maybe need to refine my search. Kinda kicking myself now for not completing the series because I snapped up his T-Rex litho as soon as it came out with plans on getting the rest later on. The Cryo with young would've been my next one.

You'll have more luck going through Stuart NG. I can tell you from experience, the man gets a LOT of e-mail and it may take some time to respond. A lot of his material that he's either wanted to release on his own or wished to simply circumvent a major publisher, he has gone through Stuart NG. That being said, eBay will give you the cheapest price. Setting up an account as easy.

Preview is up. I love how most of the large herbivores sport a variety of scars. Grisly testimony as to the harsh reality which greets them with each new dawn.

aortj1p1.jpg

aortj1p2.jpg

aortj1p3.jpg

aortj1p4.jpg

Each frame is truly a work of art, nice find! Do you know what the white substance is supposed to be?

Delgado at his finest. Can't wait to pick up my copy. As for the white substance, it looks like a bit of eggshell perhaps?

Looks to me as if it's atmospheric dust/salt/other minerals that settled upon the animals as they slept, given the rapid changes in environment due to the KT incident, and the suddenly arid conditions. Makes sense that the debris in the atmosphere cast to the wind would settle on the animals while they slept.

It really is amazing, though, isn't it? Every animal is distinct and Delgado gives them personality by their subtle distinctions. Just look at that last frame of the entire herd on the move, and notice every distinct organism. Three sauropods in particular stand out - one adult that is quite emaciated and forages separate from the group, another which appears unable to get to its feet, and yet another breaking away from the herd and attempting to scale the ravine to the right. Most touching is the infant Triceratops nuzzling its parent which seems no longer capable of making the arduous trek.

So far it looks to maintain the way Delgado constructs an intimate narrative with distinct characters, but on a much more epic scale. November can't come soon enough! :rock

Maybe it's frost ? Looks like you can see several of the animal's breath in the air.

Awesome images though..def looking forward to picking this up.. ;)

It certainly could be frost, though it seems to be fragmenting and breaking up in too large of chunks. Still, frost would make sense, and it would explain the Edmontosaur licking at it in the arid environment. Though it does again make you wonder that if there is that much moisture in the air to condense into frost, how long after the KT incident is this story taking place? Months? Several decades? We have proof that dinosaurs were around at least 500 years after KT, so it's plausible.

The story does revolve around these animals migrating farther south due to cold, so it seems most likely that it would be associated with the cooler temperatures, I think. :D

Last edited:
Back