Age of collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Age of collectors

• under 10 yr

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 10-20 yr

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • 21-30 yr

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • 31-40 yr

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • 41-50 yr

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • 51-60 yr

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • 61-70 yr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 70 yr

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
I'm 27 but I'm not as obsessed with collecting as I was way back in my early to mid 20's because I thought to myself that these are just stuff. I don't mean to insinuate anything or anyone by that, it's just that my 40-something year old friend seems to get so worked up over his collection that he yelled at his wife and kids (in front of me) because he missed a pre-order. Things got so bad over time that we're not even speaking anymore.

I guess loosing a friend because of his uncontrollable temper over something as silly as "toys" made me took a step back and realize that collecting should be about appreciating the art and beauty that goes into your collection, but in order to do that you gotta first appreciate people and life itself.

That's brutal but I would think your ex-friend just has anger-management problems in general. I imagine he'd be flipping out at them over other things if he weren't in the hobby. It's a good lesson all the same to step back and appreciate the hobby in a larger context, though. A lot of people do seem to become obsessed with it, to the point that they appear to be ignoring other activities.

:exactly:
Imagine what the guy's like when you're not there.
Dinner late = backhand :nono

That is a reflection of that one person, not collectors in general :lecture

Also I guess over 2,400 posts on a collectors forum in the last year suggests you are more passionate than you make out?

That's brutal but I would think your ex-friend just has anger-management problems in general. I imagine he'd be flipping out at them over other things if he weren't in the hobby. It's a good lesson all the same to step back and appreciate the hobby in a larger context, though. A lot of people do seem to become obsessed with it, to the point that they appear to be ignoring other activities.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks.

Imagine what the guy's like when you're not there.
Dinner late = backhand :nono

That is a reflection of that one person, not collectors in general
:lecture

Well, for me at least it was a shock to the system having a friend like that and I began to (subconsciously) tone down my collection significantly in which I now wouldn't get variants or figures that I think wouldn't add much to what I already have.

Also I guess over 2,400 posts on a collectors forum in the last year suggests you are more passionate than you make out?

Well, kinda sorta. :lol I love interacting with people first and foremost and it beats being on Facebook, which I quit 3 years ago. :lol

Not one over 60 years old. That could mean we give up collecting when we get to 60.

More likely, model train fans may feel this forum is a bit thin on Hornby locomotive threads ..and Steiff fans still use telegram and carrier pigeons to communicate.

Sick of talking about my age. I really overdo it, especially when drunk. STFU.

In fact that's my new years resolution. STFU about age.

I'm ageless. So I can't answer your poll.

drakeandvasquez.jpg

:)

Back