After watching Zombieland...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally disagree. Animals give it another dimension, a wrinkle, some background flavor to the story and another threat. Flying things, things faster than bipeds, that can infect are scary, yo. Depends on how vast you see the doomsday I suppose, the endgame - as a threat only to man or a threat to the entire planet.

This is exactly why I don't like them. With the zombies already, there's a certain level of doom for mankind. Adding in the animals is like entering a cheat code for the zombies. Without them, mankind's already ^^^^ed so why accelerate the situation? The infection should be like decay, a slow rotting process that eventually takes over. It's inevitable. There's more fear and tension in a slow death. ;)

I see your point but, trapped in a house, it's one thing to set the couch on fire, another entirely to set the whole damn house on fire!

If you're going to go out in a blaze, make it a spectacular one. Burn the damn planet to a cinder with zombies, tear the whole system down, not just us silly humans. Upping the stakes and threats, ups the drama and intensity of your story, themes and characters.

Or a Zombie Liberal.
Recycled Shopping bags, Prius keys, A "Change" shirt, and a removable brain.

watermark.php

What?? You want universal, affordable health care for all Americans?! Over my dead body! :rotfl

We definitely need BM in zombie form.

I loved that clown part, I always found it hilarious that in day of the dead Romero's zombies all died while doing the weirdest jobs...clown, bride, baseball player..probably a dentist and an astronaut. A clown makes sense in an amusement park. That scene gave you everything you could've wanted in that situation.

I take it you don't think this line can ever jump the shark and become absurd?

Two ways actually. The first was mentioned before where we get umpteen variants of the same character. Its lazy, its been done by a million other companies but its seriously lazy. One color variant is pushing it. The second though is providing Zombies sans storyline. In the beginning of this line you'd get little movies and explanations about The Dead which is starting back up but very different. Releasing zombies like the Tactical without real storyline to back it up forces you to make it fit and for some its easier than others. If we all of a sudden got a Fat Opera singer Zombie but nothing to back it, then it'd feel like jumping the shark.

Actually for the figure skater, I wouldn't mind it depending on the damage dulled out, it'd be interesting to get companions like whomever bit her with a skate in his head as if she was trying to defend herself. In the beginning the line mentioned a celebrity that they made sound like Paris Hilton a bit bitten, another was an action star. I want to see those made, I want a celebutante zombie complete with little dog with a huge bite taken out of it. I still am waiting for my girl scout zombie with little red wagon full of severed heads and cookies. As for animals, better left as food and accessories than actual zombies. The zombified animals are a gimmick I think that does elevate the fear a bit because its something else to get you but I don't want to wait months for a German Shepherd zombie and have that counted as a release.

Two ways actually. The first was mentioned before where we get umpteen variants of the same character. Its lazy, its been done by a million other companies but its seriously lazy. One color variant is pushing it. The second though is providing Zombies sans storyline. In the beginning of this line you'd get little movies and explanations about The Dead which is starting back up but very different. Releasing zombies like the Tactical without real storyline to back it up forces you to make it fit and for some its easier than others. If we all of a sudden got a Fat Opera singer Zombie but nothing to back it, then it'd feel like jumping the shark.

Actually for the figure skater, I wouldn't mind it depending on the damage dulled out, it'd be interesting to get companions like whomever bit her with a skate in his head as if she was trying to defend herself. In the beginning the line mentioned a celebrity that they made sound like Paris Hilton a bit bitten, another was an action star. I want to see those made, I want a celebutante zombie complete with little dog with a huge bite taken out of it. I still am waiting for my girl scout zombie with little red wagon full of severed heads and cookies. As for animals, better left as food and accessories than actual zombies. The zombified animals are a gimmick I think that does elevate the fear a bit because its something else to get you but I don't want to wait months for a German Shepherd zombie and have that counted as a release.

:lecture

Great post, really good points. I hope Sideshow listens and tightens up their Dead storyline.

If they do have zombied animals I agree they should be food and accessories and be occasional when they make sense - socialite w/ little dog, K9 police officer, etc. A stand alone release is a bad idea. I don't think anyone wants a zombie menagerie.

Zombie clown? Alright, but dont ask Pinkerton to make one.

actually ... my first impression after Zombieland was that I wanted to mate with Emma Stone really really painstakingly bad.

Yeah I mean i still think they just need to do more "average" zombies just with different forms of decomposition. I dont need gimmicky occupations. Just give me more stages of rot and bodily damage.

Back