Advice needed on an ebay problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwayne

Super Freak
Reaction score
I need some help. I ordered two Morgan Freeman heads from Ada Chan on ebay on May 25. I emailed her a week later and she had lost the order. She eventaully mailed the heads but put the incorrect shipping info on the package and now as of June 7, the heads have been shipped back to her. She said she would mail two new heads only if she receives the returned package. I offered to pay for the shipping for the replacement heads and she declined. I know that she is a reputable seller, so I am not sure what to do next. Should I open a dispute on ebay or simply leave negative feedback?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 questions:
Do you have proof of her incorrectly shipping the heads?
Does she have a stated policy on eBay (or Paypal) about lost items?

The reason I ask is I have it stated (basically) that unless it is my fault that a shipping error occurs I won't be responsible lost or damaged items. Now I don't know if those hold water or not, but at one point eBay said it was a good thing to put in your auction conditions in case there was a dispute such as this.

So if you have proof, and/or there isn't a policy I would say you could probably file a complaint with paypal and see how it goes. I would give it a bit of time to see if the heads ever turn up... but don't go past your 45 day window.

2 questions:
Do you have proof of her incorrectly shipping the heads?
Does she have a stated policy on eBay (or Paypal) about lost items?

The reason I ask is I have it stated (basically) that unless it is my fault that a shipping error occurs I won't be responsible lost or damaged items. Now I don't know if those hold water or not, but at one point eBay said it was a good thing to put in your auction conditions in case there was a dispute such as this.

So if you have proof, and/or there isn't a policy I would say you could probably file a complaint with paypal and see how it goes. I would give it a bit of time to see if the heads ever turn up... but don't go past your 45 day window.

Nope. She does not have a stated policy. Like I said, I don't want to screw with someones feedback with the new ebay system. As for proof, all I can go by is the tracking information she provided. The tracking number states that the addressee was unknown and the post office it was routed through was not my local post office.

Nope. She does not have a stated policy. Like I said, I don't want to screw with someones feedback with the new ebay system. As for proof, all I can go by is the tracking information she provided. The tracking number states that the addressee was unknown and the post office it was routed through was not my local post office.

did you tell the seller that the tracking she provided says this, proving she mailed the heads to an incorrect address? if she refuses to acknowledge this proof, open up a paypal dispute. hopefully they won't side with the seller. i've found the paypal dispute system is filled with flaws, and their policies need some reworking. (see my latest paypal debacle thread)

did you tell the seller that the tracking she provided says this, proving she mailed the heads to an incorrect address? if she refuses to acknowledge this proof, open up a paypal dispute. hopefully they won't side with the seller. i've found the paypal dispute system is filled with flaws, and their policies need some reworking. (see my latest paypal debacle thread)

I told her. She asked me to go to the Post Office to see if it was still there. When I told her that it had been shipped back, she said she would send the items I ordered once she received the returned package. I emailed her again this morning to see if this had been returned, but I have not heard back as of this posting.

Yeah, sounds like it would have been mislabeled if it showed up at the wrong Post Office; which would be her fault. I think Tylerd is right, be clear on what you know about how the package was at the wrong location.

I wouldn't be comfortable paying the shipping fee in your situation as its (most likely) buyer error. Although on the downside, if you piss her off you'll probably never get to buy any heads from her in the future :lol

Yeah, sounds like it would have been mislabeled if it showed up at the wrong Post Office; which would be her fault. I think Tylerd is right, be clear on what you know about how the package was at the wrong location.

I wouldn't be comfortable paying the shipping fee in your situation as its (most likely) buyer error. Although on the downside, if you piss her off you'll probably never get to buy any heads from her in the future :lol

That was exactly what I was thinking which is why I offered to pay for the shipping. Oh well. Looks like I am off to file a dispute:banghead.

Just a quick update . . .

I began the dispute process. I told my story and repeated that I was willing to pay for the shipping of a replacement and how it was sent to the worng post office. She could not believe I was submitting a claim and said that she would not sell to me anymore if I did not close my claim. Oh well.

Just a quick update . . .

I began the dispute process. I told my story and repeated that I was willing to pay for the shipping of a replacement and how it was sent to the worng post office. She could not believe I was submitting a claim and said that she would not sell to me anymore if I did not close my claim. Oh well.

No one seems to have any accountability anymore. I swear if I sent something to the wrong address and knew it was coming back to me, I would be apologizing and sending out your stuff asap.

No one seems to have any accountability anymore. I swear if I sent something to the wrong address and knew it was coming back to me, I would be apologizing and sending out your stuff asap.

After her last message, I just escalated it to a claim:

"But now since you do this, you can wait for your refund if it does not reach you and I will not sell to you anymore. DO not purchase from me anymore as you do not desired to have my art."

If this is how she feels, I don't need her art!

Yeah, I'd have to agree with bwayne on this one. It doesn't sound like Ada was very proactive in her communication, and it was a rocky road to begin with (misplaced order, inaccurate address, etc.). And that last message was rather rude considering Michael was only doing the reasonable thing at this point.

And I can vouch for Michael personally. I sold him my Exclusive 1/6 Jedi Luke back when I had to quickly raise money when I got blindsided by a tax bill. Not only did he pay extremely fast, but he was very understanding that it took me nearly a week or so to get the figure out to him.

But the thing is: I communicated regularly via PM and kept him updated--even if it was just to assure him that he wasn't forgotten and that I was doing my best to get my act together (had a lot of balls in the air at the time obviously). Mike was nothing but gracious.

Besides, from the bits and pieces I've gathered over time on the board, it sound like her "art" is rather hit or miss (e.g. - the current Nathan Fillion likeness debate), so it's not like he's really missing out on some master sculptor's work (Andy B., Trev, etc.)

Yeah, I'd have to agree with bwayne on this one. It doesn't sound like Ada was very proactive in her communication, and it was a rocky road to begin with (misplaced order, inaccurate address, etc.). And that last message was rather rude considering Michael was only doing the reasonable thing at this point.

And I can vouch for Michael personally. I sold him my Exclusive 1/6 Jedi Luke back when I had to quickly raise money when I got blindsided by a tax bill. Not only did he pay extremely fast, but he was very understanding that it took me nearly a week or so to get the figure out to him.

But the thing is: I communicated regularly via PM and kept him updated--even if it was just to assure him that he wasn't forgotten and that I was doing my best to get my act together (had a lot of balls in the air at the time obviously). Mike was nothing but gracious.

Besides, from the bits and pieces I've gathered over time on the board, it sound like her "art" is rather hit or miss (e.g. - the current Nathan Fillion likeness debate), so it's not like he's really missing out on some master sculptor's work (Andy B., Trev, etc.)

Thanks. I was really caught off guard with how she reacted considering I have bought a few heads from her. What can you do?

Thanks. I was really caught off guard with how she reacted considering I have bought a few heads from her. What can you do?

You're welcome.

I guess you just move on and consider yourself lucky this situation will hopefully be resolved soon.

Just my two cents.

That sucks she would be like that... well if you ever have to have one of her heads I'll place an order for you, we'll just keep it on the DL :lol

That sucks she would be like that... well if you ever have to have one of her heads I'll place an order for you, we'll just keep it on the DL :lol

just make her recite your address back to you.....twice before she sends it. :lol

Bit late to the party on this, not that I can add much, but when it's happened to me and I was worried about how long a parcel was taking to arrive, I notified the seller that I would be filing a dispute because it was getting close to the 45 day limit, not that I didn't expect the parcel to arrive, and that it was no reflection on them. I let them know I was just covering my butt. They were okay with that, and the parcel ended up showing up about 20 days later. Dispute withdrawn, everyone happy. Communicate before they get riled is always good.

Seems like she was notified of the dispute, through ebay, and found it offensive. Maybe you could explain that you had to file a claim, just to be on the safe side, that you were confident the return parcel would eventually arrive back to her, and can't understand why she wouldn't sell to you again. Through no fault of your own, you feel your concerns are being dismissed, and you didn't want a human error to reflect badly on your transaction with her. Offer to pay the shipping again, she might see your side of the story, and apologise if she thought that you were treating her with contempt, and you are just trying to make things right. See how you go. If she kicks you to the curb, you know where you stand. In the gutter. Oh well, it's only a step back up to the sidewalk.

I hadn't thought of it that way. I might try that in the morning and see what happens. Part of me is just done with her just because she supplied the dispute file with the incorrect tracking number and the length of time this whole thing has taken. Once I have slept on it, I might think differently.

Wow, from what you have described, she sounds very unprofessional. Is English a second language for her? Maybe she can come on here and share her side of the story.

Part of me is just done with her just because she supplied the dispute file with the incorrect tracking number and the length of time this whole thing has taken

Are you kidding me??!! Don't even bother sleeping on it. That's just flat out lying to cover her own behind!! Make sure Paypal has the correct info and be done with her.

Back