Actor Swap! Actors you think should have been the Character.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downey also plays the same guy in most of his roles, in fact go watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, that's Tony Stark[emoji38]
Stark in the comics isn't the snarky quip king like he is in the movies, MCU Stark IS Robert Downey, if you like him in the role then great, but I'd prefer to see a more serious Tony Stark, a Howard Hughes like version of the character and I think Cruise fits that perfectly. I just can't take the character serious anymore with Downey in the role, I only enjoyed him in Iron Man 1.

:duff

The fact that she's proven to be an action star and lead a successful franchise makes it a no-brainer, Scarlett is completely miscast in the role just like Jen Lawrence is as Mystique, in fact I think Scarlett would have made a pretty decent Mystique :lol
Lol. I love Scarjo as Widow but Jovavich would clearly be the more logical choice.

Scarlett's way too short to play Mystique.[emoji38]

I loved RDJ as Stark in IM1 and The Avengers and parts of IM3. I think his best post rehab performance was actually in Tropic Thunder.

Yea, Tropic Thunder he was great in.

Scarlett is too short for Mystique but I think she would nail the sexy promiscuous but kill you in a second side of the character that Jen Lawrence just can't do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milla Jovovich as Black Widow

Tom Cruise as Tony Stark

Aaron Eckhart as Captain America

Yes!

200w.gif

Lol. I love Scarjo as Widow but Jovavich would clearly be the more logical choice.

Scarlett's way too short to play Mystique.[emoji38]

I loved RDJ as Stark in IM1 and The Avengers and parts of IM3. I think his best post rehab performance was actually in Tropic Thunder.

i love milla but shes too skinny. Might have been a gal gadot situation.

Rebecca Romijn was good as Mystique. The character needs to be a femme fatale type. The character is no longer properly characterized because after Lawrence was cast she had to be the antihero in DoFP and now the (reluctant) hero Apoc. Had the character not been played by an actress who because a megastar she would have just went off with Magneto and been the baddie. I don't begrudge Lawrence, because she's done the job she was hired for, it's just the way it worked out.

Same with Johanssen. She's a gorgeous actress, but in now way comes across as a cold, calculating and sexy Russian born international Super spy. I agree Milla would have been perfect, but given the choice I would have loved to see her as Jean Grey. After seeing Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow I have no doubt she would have been a great BW. I think Scar-Jo and Renner are the weakest links in the cast. No knock against Jeremy, because he's a very good actor just not Hawkeye in looks or attitude IMO. He's just kind of become the "everyman" in the series as opposed to a character that could break out and have a cool backstory. Alex Pettyfer would have been too young for Hawkeye when the part was originally cast, but he definitely looks the part now.

i love milla but shes too skinny. Might have been a gal gadot situation.
Widow is generally drawn as thin and athletic. Milla is the ideal height and build IMO. She would have been super sexy in a black catsuit with a strapped on sidearm and carrying a sniper rifle.

Kinda chessy remark, but if you gave Vin Diesel some intellectual lines and a suit he'd match the Lex from 90's Superman.
Only if you mean Burton's "Superman Lives" with Nic Cage in the title role. :lol

The fact that she's proven to be an action star and lead a successful franchise makes it a no-brainer
Scarlett is completely miscast in the role
:lecture

widow-jovovich.jpg

And, of course...

black_widow_by_supersebas.jpg

Why? Cruise plays the same guy in most of his roles. I enjoy most of his films, but he does NOT fit Tony Stark at all IMO. Downey has been perfect in the role.

But RDJ plays RDJ in every of his roles too!

The Iron Man comic Extremist clearly show a Tom Cruise likeness for IM, so I suppose that's where the suggestion comes.

Rainman = Channing Tatum

John Travolta = Batman - any incarnation

Henry Caville - James Bond - all Craig incarnations

Zac Efron - Amazing Spiderman

Stephen Lang - Cnl. Guile in Streetfigher the movie

Samuel L. Jackson - Han Solo
Samuel L. Jackson - C3PO
Samuel L. Jackson - Darth Vader
Samuel L. Jackson - R2-D2
Samuel L. Jackson - 89 Batman
Samuel L. Jackson - 89 Joker
Samuel L. Jackson - John McClane
Samuel L. Jackson - Vincent Vega
Samuel L. Jackson - Tyrion Lannister

But RDJ plays RDJ in every of his roles too!

The Iron Man comic Extremist clearly show a Tom Cruise likeness for IM, so I suppose that's where the suggestion comes.

But RDJ works as Stark even if he plays the same guy. Cruise doesn't IMO.

Back