Actor Swap! Actors you think should have been the Character.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these would require going back in time and plucking cast members:

Avengers: Alex Pettyfer as Hawkeye which could have made the character more fun, Emily Blunt(original choice) as Black Widow although Scarlett has been fine.
Fantastic Four: Young Jeff Goldblum at Reed, younger Charlize Theron as Sue, teen Zac Efron as Johnny, Ernest Borgnine/CGI or Terry Crews/CGI as Thing
Iron Man: Ben Kingsley as Mandarin for real. Tom Cruise as Iron Man ... would have been a nightmare, especially once the Avengers movies started up. RDJ has been perfect, it's not just about the look but the performance and characterization. I'm fine with Cheadle as Rhodey
X-Men: Rutger Hauer as Magneto, young Milla Jovovich as Jean Grey, young Brad Pitt as Angel/Archangel, young Iman as Storm, Jackman as been great as Wolverine, but would have been interesting to see a 40ish Robert De Niro in the role, comic influenced costumes from the beginning

Elizabeth Hurley as Lara Croft Tomb Raider (2001)
I thought the same thing at the time. I don't recall if she was up for the role, but I do remember thinking she had the perfect look and accent but wasn't sure she could convincingly pull of the physicality of an action heroine role.

Last edited:
Elsa Pataky as Wonder Woman. IMO they picked the wrong woman from the Fast and Furious franchise.

Gina Torres as Wonder Woman via the Firefly era. She was Whedon's choice when he was going to make a WW movie and I think she would have been fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Zane should have been Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman. Would have been a great casting call.

Kinda chessy remark, but if you gave Vin Diesel some intellectual lines and a suit he'd match the Lex from 90's Superman/Justice League.

More than serious, actually sad it didn't happen.

Why? Cruise plays the same guy in most of his roles. I enjoy most of his films, but he does NOT fit Tony Stark at all IMO. Downey has been perfect in the role.

Milla Jovovich as Black Widow

Yes!

200w.gif

Why? Cruise plays the same guy in most of his roles. I enjoy most of his films, but he does NOT fit Tony Stark at all IMO. Downey has been perfect in the role.

Downey also plays the same guy in most of his roles, in fact go watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, that's Tony Stark :lol

Stark in the comics isn't the snarky quip king like he is in the movies, MCU Stark IS Robert Downey, if you like him in the role then great, but I'd prefer to see a more serious Tony Stark, a Howard Hughes like version of the character and I think Cruise fits that perfectly. I just can't take the character serious anymore with Downey in the role, I only enjoyed him in Iron Man 1.

:duff

The fact that she's proven to be an action star and lead a successful franchise makes it a no-brainer, Scarlett is completely miscast in the role just like Jen Lawrence is as Mystique, in fact I think Scarlett would have made a pretty decent Mystique :lol

Back