ACME Archives INDY Art Prints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just FYI...regarding the propaganda poster, I inquired to ACME regarding whether or not it was on paper or canvas, as there are some discrepancies on the IJ site, and the poster is on paper. It is pricey for it being on paper, but I decided to keep my order.

Wow. Are you SURE?? That's very pricey for paper, especially at that size. :google Now I'm not sure if I will keep my order. :monkey2

Wow. Are you SURE?? That's very pricey for paper, especially at that size. :google Now I'm not sure if I will keep my order. :monkey2

Yeah, I checked with Morly. Here is his response:

"Yeah, looks like a typo on the site. It is on paper and we'll let them know to fix that!"

-Morly

Canvas pieces are pretty pricey. If this was on canvas, it probably would have been at least double the price.

Canvas pieces are pretty pricey. If this was on canvas, it probably would have been at least double the price.

Well, one of the canvas pieces is $295. HOWEVER... it's significantly bigger in size (20x30 as opposed to 10x21) and in a more limited run. Also, the other ones printed on paper are cheaper (and bigger). Given that, the price on this piece is hard to reconcile. I will cancel if it's indeed not canvas (or if the price is somehow wrong).

Here is a bit about the poster from Eric Tan's blog (https://erictanart.blogspot.com/).

"I finally finished up that Indy piece for Acme Archives. My idea here was to create something that looked as if it came out when the movie took place, circa 1936. I was heavily influenced by Mexican film posters from the 30's & 40's. They had that western/dramatic/action feel nailed down. Check out that Cine Mexicano book if you can. Them dudes sure knew what they were doing way back when."

Character keys aren't supposed to capture the actor. At least I don't think so. :lol They're just goofy things to collect. No more worse than Adventure Heroes or Galactic Heroes.

I could see that, but moreso than previous keys its hard to separate the actor from the character.

Especially when there's not actual animation that its based off of.

There's no actual animated basis for many of the SW character keys, either. Like Gentle Giant, ACME started with the Animated Clone Wars and then got carried away (i.e. greedy) with the concept. Like many other things these days, it started out as something very cool and different but is now overdone and exploited.

I got out a tape measure and marked out the exact size of the retro poster. On paper and at that size, it's way too expensive. I am debating whether or not to cancel.

I don't get the 50% increase in price compared to the other two similarly sized paper prints.

I got out a tape measure and marked out the exact size of the retro poster. On paper and at that size, it's way too expensive. I am debating whether or not to cancel.

I don't get the 50% increase in price compared to the other two similarly sized paper prints.

Exactly. That's why I am likely cancelling too since it's apparently not on cavas.

ACME Archives :emperor

There's no actual animated basis for many of the SW character keys, either. Like Gentle Giant, ACME started with the Animated Clone Wars and then got carried away (i.e. greedy) with the concept. Like many other things these days, it started out as something very cool and different but is now overdone and exploited.

Oh I know, they made sense with the Clone Wars... kinda okay to branch out with other SW. Then it just (to me) got ridiculous... now it seems every other property is animated, bleh :lol

imageload

Looks like those old arcade games, Dragon Slayer and Space Ace.

They need to publish Struzans Indy sketches and other pieces that didnt make it into the mainstream.

The Short Round character key is up for pre-order at IJ shop if anyone is interested. I've decided to pass on it. The only TOD key I'm getting is Mola Ram, if they make one.

Yeah, looks like they have some TOD Lobby Cards and limited amounts of a 1984 theatrical THX Sound poster as well. (look in the "Exclusives" section)

Thanks! I used to love collecting lobby cards, but I've just gotten away from them. I find the movie posters more appealing. I'm looking forward to seeing what other vintage stuff they just happen to "discover" in the archives.

I have been debating whether or not to cancel the Eric Tan retro print. I love the look and would like to frame it and display it behind the PF or bronze statue, but the price hurts.

Well, the debate is over because the FedEx man just delivered it, lol. I guess that means I'm not going to cancel.

:D

Oh--I got #31. It looks great!

Last edited:
Back