ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha yeah exactly. Yeah a set of nine is crazy lol. Could pay for a 2 week vacation to USA for my family for the cost of 9 lol.

I think I'll get the steed. I'm just seeing too many stories of people saying the ankle breaks, or loose foot, etc on the Asmus one, and I don't want to be buying a faulty figure. I will find the steed separate also, and use it with the ACI one, then supporting Asmus as well.

I'm in two minds on the rest of the Asmus line so far, as I am really thinking of collecting the Fellowship, and Wraiths, but then I keep imagining what my collection would be like with a full 1:6 world of Tolkien lol

yeah i hear you! if i had unlimited funds and space I would get every LOTR & Star Wars figure that are produced, buying villains only (for the most part) is my way of controlling my collection

There certainly has been a turnaround on this figure. So many great pictures.

If anyone plans on taking more today, I would love to see a shot in some brighter lighting, just to know what we're dealing with here.

Yep, it's a menacing figure... BBTS seems to have lots in, at the moment, so think I'll try and bide my time and snipe one once stock goes below 10 or so. The price is kind of bitter (for a few bucks more, I could get Iron Giant), but unlikely the character will be revisited at this level of quality again.

In regards to the limited edition Ringwraith (ES 100), are there any differences between the two besides the armour (i.e., cloaks/accessories are the same)?

Thanks again, paramore, for the great pics. My Morgul Lord was on the chopping block, but your pics have conviced me to upgrade his body and display him with the ACI Ringwraith. Think I'll be happy with those two as a simple representation of LotR.

very nice! My eBay dealer informed me this morning that they are expecting to receive their stock on 12/13 Feb. I hope the shipping time is as good as my Aragorn from HK - 5 days including a weekend!

looks great, I am fuming - I've been in regular contact with my eBay seller about mine, as he said they didn't have their pre-orders in yet. Got told earlier this week that they'll be in on the 11th or 12th of Feb - and now just had this, when emailing them about when they're shipping:

Message from happytradehouse:
Hello!

We will be On China Luna New Year Holiday from 10th Feb, 2015 to 2nd March, 2015

You still can purchase what you want

ALL deliveries schedule will be arranged after holiday (2nd March, 2015)

If you still need the item after purchase, we will add the tracking code in purpose of reserving the delivery schedule after holiday.

Thank You for your concern & understanding !

grrrrrrr - can't do jack either as the eBay estimated delivery is mid-march...I didn't see that before I paid, then when I queried it, got told they'd refund minus 20% for cancellation!

Preorders on eBay are usually not a good idea.

Very true. I don't do them...I didn't realise this was a pre-order either - I only ordered it 2 weeks ago, thinking it was in stock due to people having them in hand.

Yep, I was in contact with sellers regarding the HT stormtroopers they said would be in hand this week -- now I got the Chinese New Year BS. Glad I didn't pull the trigger. Unless its in-hand, I never order. Even from a trusted source. It ain't just the seller, its the manufacturer that can be the problem too.

What? I just ordered the exclusive from Animarket for $220.00 + shipping. Very steep shipping but BBTS is sold out of the ex, and even to Canada it works out a bit cheaper than buying from the States. Figure it's my only crack at this character with such a low ES.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm really surprised, shocktrooper. To Canada the fast ship option is $71.00, so basically the exact same cost as BBTS before they add on the shipping. I might be saving $15.00 or $20.00 ordering from Animarket. I would've thought shipping to Australia would've been way more reasonable.

Back