ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know one of your own fellow freaks does the illustration and packaging for the ACI LOTR figures?!

Is that freak you?

Congrats if it is. . . by any chance if it is you have they contacted you about doing more than two package illustrations? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

It's nice when you see people you "know" or are at least familiar with get to do work on awesome things. I still get a kick out of the fact that I have a Teela that Nate painted the hair blond for me and now he has been working on official products for MOTU and the 4 Horsemen.

Also unless I am mistake we have a fellow board member that has worked on the ACI Aragorn and another member that is working on Asmus' Legolas. :clap :clap

Is that freak you?

Congrats if it is. . . by any chance if it is you have they contacted you about doing more than two package illustrations? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

It's nice when you see people you "know" or are at least familiar with get to do work on awesome things. I still get a kick out of the fact that I have a Teela that Nate painted the hair blond for me and now he has been working on official products for MOTU and the 4 Horsemen.

Also unless I am mistake we have a fellow board member that has worked on the ACI Aragorn and another member that is working on Asmus' Legolas. :clap :clap

Aye, that it me. Thanks for asking. I did the packaging and that interior Ring Wraith illustration. I am rushing to get the Aragorn illustration for his box done right now.

But again, it seems that 'one of our own" working on products we are all buying really does not impress Sideshow Freaks board members. That three times in a row I have come here looking for cudos (no shame in that might I add) from fellow members and it just goes silent but for one like yourself which is of course greatly appreciated. I'm really excited to be working on this things but I will refrain from mentioned anything I work on from now on.

Aye, that it me. Thanks for asking. I did the packaging and that interior Ring Wraith illustration. I am rushing to get the Aragorn illustration for his box done right now.

But again, it seems that 'one of our own" working on products we are all buying really does not impress Sideshow Freaks board members. That three times in a row I have come here looking for cudos (no shame in that might I add) from fellow members and it just goes silent but for one like yourself which is of course greatly appreciated. I'm really excited to be working on this things but I will refrain from mentioned anything I work on from now on.

Another freak here that enjoys hearing about fellow members working on stuff we collect, so hope you'll keep sharing in the forums! Keep up the great work!

Aye, that it me. Thanks for asking. I did the packaging and that interior Ring Wraith illustration. I am rushing to get the Aragorn illustration for his box done right now

From what I can tell you have done a great job on it. Can't wait to see the Aragorn one since that is my favorite literary character from childhood and now also from the movies. I am still not sold on the rooted hair but I am biting the bullet on this one and giving it a chance (maybe I can convince my wife to style it for me). So I guess I will owe two boxes covered with your art.

As far as freak working on stuff a lot of it may go unnoticed because a lot of people scan threads for specific things and don't read all the posts. It would be nice to have a list somewhere of what freak board members have done. I know I stay out of the statue forums for the most part because I cannot afford to get into that side of collecting and my internet time is limited but if I knew a certain piece or box art was done by a board member I would definitely want to check it out. I wouldn't stop letting people know when you get to do things. Just know that a lot of people might take notice, look and then move on without posting about it.

It's something I decided to put in the flab that sits over the clear plastic tray just before you reveal the figure to kinda get you more excited. The Aragorn box design is done so I am just working on the illustration now.

Ringwraith.jpg

Dang! I missed that the picture was part of the box. I love it. It is a shame it will be hidden by most once the figure is taken out and the boxes are put up. It reminds me of the artwork at the end credits of the Return of the King and also on the extended DVDs. Makes me wish they would include a little sketch card or a 5x7 that could latter be framed in each of the boxes. It would fit right in tone-wise with the Middle Earth map I have.

On a side note you will have to let us know how hard it is to get Viggo's likeness in 2D because it seems like he is one of the harder likenesses to sculpt.

I ordered Aragorn, congrats on your art. The box looks great ( ringwraith). Can't wait to see Aragorn! And its great to know that talented board members are taking an active part in the production of the figures we love.

It's something I decided to put in the flab that sits over the clear plastic tray just before you reveal the figure to kinda get you more excited. The Aragorn box design is done so I am just working on the illustration now.

Ringwraith.jpg

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the Aragorn art.

Thanks man! I loved those end credits artwork on ROTK so wanted to try to similar.

You did it. It's very reminiscent of them to me. Can't wait to see Aragorn's and maybe you can pass along the request to put little prints of the artwork in the box.

Ringwraith.jpg

We're definitely interested in seeing what fellow members have done. I can't read every thread so I'm not always aware - but I'd love to make an article post on the front page when we have members working on things.

Perhaps you could create a new post with the different perspectives and illustrations on the box art and PM me about it so I can post to the front page.

You did it. It's very reminiscent of them to me. Can't wait to see Aragorn's and maybe you can pass along the request to put little prints of the artwork in the box.

Yeah, nailed it. I'm looking forward to seeing Aragorn, too.

Oh thanks man. If you think folks would be interested I'll make a new post (a new post or a new thread?) but I'm not sure many would be?!

I will wait for the ACI guys to post the Aragorn art first. But here's a full view of the final Ringwraith packaging.
LOTR-Wrth-3D-box.jpg

It's something I decided to put in the flab that sits over the clear plastic tray just before you reveal the figure to kinda get you more excited. The Aragorn box design is done so I am just working on the illustration now...

Looks great! :rock I'm going to assume that since it looks like the Sideshow Ringwraith Maquette, that it was the inspiration for your sketch?

Back