ACI Toys - 300 - Leonidas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not like this is exactly unprecedented, both Asmus and ACI had LOTR for a time.

Not the same market though, as I recall. And having lotr is one thing. But each film has its own license. So one company could have two towers and another return of the king. Ect

Or unless one took 300, and the other company took the sequel.

Leonidas is technically in the sequel for 5 seconds, so maybe its enough to warrant him within the license.

That's true, but if the preview image is any indication that's not the case. It would have to legally have the sequel title and info and be easily distinguishable between it and the first. It's all legal stuff.

is that the po price or after market?

PO price if I remember correctly, it wasn't cheap. That's why the demand went up so much after it sold out - the first promo pictures weren't that great, but they improved it and the in hand pictures were much better, and so the demand rose. It was sold out by then though.

Not the same market though, as I recall. And having lotr is one thing. But each film has its own license. So one company could have two towers and another return of the king. Ect

I think it was just general LOTR. There was no film specific marking on the boxes for either the Ringwraith or Aragorn.

That's true, but if the preview image is any indication that's not the case. It would have to legally have the sequel title and info and be easily distinguishable between it and the first. It's all legal stuff.

It is possible that each 300 movie could be a separate license, but that's not the case here. They just aren't exclusive. And ACI could be just HK/China as LotR was supposed to be.

It is possible that each 300 movie could be a separate license, but that's not the case here. They just aren't exclusive. And ACI could be just HK/China as LotR was supposed to be.

Right. He had said it could be one company had the original license and the other the sequal and was using Leonidas from the sequal. I was just saying that if that where in fact the case (that one company only had the rights to one film, and then another company had the other)they would of had to brand it as such.

And that the licenses are probably regional which is how they both have them.

Any idea if they will make a rubber body or a regular body. Both have pros and cons but wondering how the elbow joints can be made minimally visible. I think shoulder joints can be covered a bit with what he wears and knee caps by the leg armor. The real trick will be to see how the elbow joints are done and also whether an "all new" accurate body will be made with bd scars!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Last edited:
No word yet on which way they will go. But with this character hiding The joints is harder then most. You can hide it with leg armor, or they joint won't work. His cape only covers the back and his shoulders are completly exposed as his chest really only has that leather strap. Either way is fine with me.

The issue is that - the more joints this shows the less "collector like this will be"
Just don't want this to look cheaply plasticky! Hope they re all in on this to better the ht one. I have an ht one but I don't mind another Leo and hopefully, they will truly better ht! Accessories are no big deal! They can make metal and we will clap but to me the most imp thing is the body and the sculpt! One can barely make / see a difference in plastic vs metal accessories (visually) but the body being all jointly is gonna be a problem!
Hopefully it won't be like that new 1/12 Leo with the seamed torso! Argh :(

Come on aci / go the whole 9 yards / you have the license / so nail it head to toe :)

Btw - Is there no asmus thread???

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

An italian collectible website said that they have seen the body in a preview meeting organized in Singapore, and it's rubber, so the joints must be hidden I suppose.

NonSoloHobbyLa ACI Toys annuncia Re Leonida (King Leonidas) da 300 | NonSoloHobby

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

Makes sense as body is the most crucial part of the figure and the figure being barebone on costume / a nice quality rubber body would be great!

I actually think the portrait is more important. If 'Creg Customs' is sculpting, & ACI doesn't mess up casting & paint, I feel there's a chance it could be impressive.
We'll have more to talk about Star Ace 300 after NYCC.
Nice.

I actually think the portrait is more important. If 'Creg Customs' is sculpting, & ACI doesn't mess up casting & paint, I feel there's a chance it could be impressive.

Nice.

Of course / you are right / there is no excuse for a bad sculpt (when you have a license) / it happens more often thAn we like / but my assumption was based on the fact that this figure is done before and they would know better not to mess that!

Ht body was also quite impressive so a better quality rubber would go a long way in making this release spot on.

Of course / you are right / there is no excuse for a bad sculpt (when you have a license) / it happens more often thAn we like / but my assumption was based on the fact that this figure is done before and they would know better not to mess that!

Ht body was also quite impressive so a better quality rubber would go a long way in making this release spot on.

I wasn't aware of a lot of problems with the HT body. Mine's still going strong, nice and soft, zero signs of deterioration. As is my HB and my Big Chap.

Some rubber figures they seem to get right, others they totally screw the pooch on (*cough* ED 209).

Back