1/6 [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Roman General Armour Set & Costume Set ACI754A & ACI754B *Updated*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Roman General Armour Set & Costume Set ACI754A & ACI754B *Update

I ordered the second one from iyiyiyiyi so I'll let y'all know how it is in hand

Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Roman General Armour Set & Costume Set ACI754A & ACI754B *Update

With pics :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Urban Samurai has this up for preorder combined as a set for the best price so far.

If you combined both sculpts you would have a fantastic likeness. Right now both are good for what they are. I bought the first myself.

Hmm... what body does it fit on?

Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Roman General Armour Set & Costume Set ACI754A & ACI754B are com

Yup, I'm tempted to get a second armor, as mine was pretty warped.

Pop the kettle on put the armour in and when i take it out reshape it and hold it in cold water. I made the shin armour on mine wider doing that as it was making the legs look too skinny.

Got the head in from Kit. Everything is really good, sculpt and paint wise. Really top notch paint apps. however, what's throwing the likeness off is how the eyebrows are painted. I couldn't pinpoint it until i compared it to my HT MoS Jor El and that's what's wrong with it. So once I repaint the eyebrows, it will be good to go. Might touch up the beard and make it a bit darker here and there. over all really happy with the purchase. Now the long wait for the armor to be released.

Last edited:

I got my head in as well. Now just the wait for uniform.

Hmm... what body does it fit on?

The body of roman general I have is the old ACI body which was very close to the 3A and Hot Toys TTM 14 body. It was a very standard size and a normal wide shoulder. So, I guess most HT normal size bodies, ACI own Christian bodies could be used with this armour and costume set. Hope it help!

I can't wait to have Leonidas, Achilles, and Maximus all on one shelf.

With pics :)

Touched up the paint on mine :wink1:
10421140_10203222810223929_703927059758314966_n.jpg

Touched up the paint on mine :wink1:
10421140_10203222810223929_703927059758314966_n.jpg

Great paint work! This reminds me once again how important paint work is on a head sculpt as far as final appearance.

I must ask, is the head sculpt as pale in hand as the photos of the original HS on the left depict? Your photos of the touch up work on the right make the head look much more appealing to me because it looks much more "alive", if that makes sense.

Thanks! :)

And no it's not that pale in reality. From what I could tell, it didn't seem like there was any flesh tone paint. Just cast in flesh tone with the eyebrows, hair etc. painted on a flesh time cast. so I added a bit of different tones were I saw fit. But even without the addition of flesh tones, it still looked pretty good before I went in with the details.

How did I miss this thread? :gah: :banghead

Gipetto, that repaint is amazing! :clap

I need to get this, been dying for a Maximus figure much too long.

That's a different one being offered. notice how different the paint apps and the hair sculpt are in that link compared to the one I noted as "Original" in my photo above

Guys, this is going to my first kit-bashing so I need some veteran advice on which body to use. Tentatively I am leaning towards ACI Christian Caucasian. Is there an even better body for the roman general in your opinion?

Back