ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I'm using most of the time.

ch_x0024_zpsofwdfrvx.jpg

With this you will be able to cut trhough the thickness of the hair. You will have to part out the hair.

First you it on the back. With this you will remove the thickenss of the hair but you will not make them shorter.
Once the back is done you can go on with the top part.

Once you have the deisred thickness you can remove the excess of longer hair with a regular scissor.

I had found this on youtube the other day which explains cutting layers on long hair. I think it would work.

Thanks for this. I'm still not confident in myself to do it when the time comes. I wish I had something 1/6 to practice on.

Oh man, I hope I can find another exclusive. There was one on ebay last night, but it was close to $400, and I was thinking of getting a ps4.
I thought id think it over overnight and saw it was bought this morning.
Snooze you lose. :(
Going over the pics, the production figure turned out incredible.

I was one of the idiots who screwed up the hair trying to cut it, but ended up doing it too short. My solution was to remove the hair piece, shave down the plastic, and replace it with long brown hair from a Triad toys headsculpt that I never ended up using. It looks good, I'll just have to style it and it doesn't have two colour tones, just a single cleaner look. I'll post pics when it's done.

Oh man, I hope I can find another exclusive...
I would keep the product page at BBTS up in a browser window and just refresh several times a day. Given the price, someone is going to cancel their pre-order for lack of funds or a competing interest and you just have to around when they do. I wouldn't even consider e.Bay prices until it's confirmed sold-out everywhere else.

I was one of the idiots who screwed up the hair trying to cut it, but ended up doing it too short. My solution was to remove the hair piece, shave down the plastic, and replace it with long brown hair from a Triad toys headsculpt that I never ended up using. It looks good, I'll just have to style it and it doesn't have two colour tones, just a single cleaner look. I'll post pics when it's done.
That must've been a sickening feeling. Glad you found a workaround! Personally, I think I'd just follow ACI's sugestion and use water to futz the hair but not cut it. I'm too cowardly to risk it, anyway.

I would keep the product page at BBTS up in a browser window and just refresh several times a day. Given the price, someone is going to cancel their pre-order for lack of funds or a competing interest and you just have to around when they do. I wouldn't even consider e.Bay prices until it's confirmed sold-out everywhere else.

Cool, thank you. I will do that.

Just opened mine and I have to say the figure is indeed as impressive as the pictures shown. I also happen to get one with a pretty nice haircut right out of the box with some nice trimming and curly strands. I'll let my wife does her magic taming the hair as she is very good with her dolls, while having a little fun messing with Aragorn.

However, the figure is not without flaws. Mainly on the body and the inconsistent weathering on the costume. Both ankle ball joints connection on mine are very loose, letting both boots disconnect with a very slight pull. They also cause the boots to swivel left & right way too easy. Elbows of the figure are also single jointed (with one of mine only clicks twice instead of three times after bending 90 degree). Shoulders also lack forward backward movement. The body joints overall are also not that tight, so it doesn't have a very sturdy body with snug tight joints like most True Type does. Overall, a pretty average body that is just adequate, but not that great on articulation or sturdiness.

The paint weathering can also be pretty sloppy at times, with very heavy handed brush strokes on the jacket and cloak that look very unnatural. Wish it was done better, as the costume does look really nice in areas the weathering done right. Really top notch looking stuff, but partially ruined by sloppy execution in a number of spots. Similar sloppiness can also be seen in some of the weapon blades, having paint or smudge marks where there isn't supposed to have any.

In conclusion, a great figure that impressed both myself and my wife opening it, and quite possibly the best Aragorn figure we can get for a very long time. But with some set back on the body's quality, as well as some inconsistent QC paint job on the weathering. Got very lucky to get a special edition before the recent inflation on price. Get one while you still can.

So thinking about the whole licensing issue with the withdraw of a second batch, does this affect just the Aragorn or ACI's entire LOTR line?

Would be a shame if we never got any more out of them.:(

I wonder how much of a financial blow that was? IIRC, in the beginning of either this or the Ringwraith thread, the original run was supposed to be 2400, and now that's been cut to 800 each (700 regular/100 LE). Hope they still made out OK as they did a great job with these figures. Though I'm getting the Wraiths and not Aragorn, have to say he is the finer figure overall. Really displays well and I love all the details and accessories.

Exactly I totally agree. Got my ACI Ringwraith today, and Aragorn came weeks ago. I am gutted. They had Legolas planned, as well as loads more. They are hopeful they will regain the license though, it is up to be renewed in 2 years again

Just as a heads up, I've managed to source an exclusive Aragorn in the UK so I'm going to relinquish my order at BBTS - this means that there will be a spare available there in the next day or two. I'll post here just before i cancel the order in case anyone is after one

Aren't elven cloaks magically clean?
Mine is so weathered it looks more like it's been vomited on...

Aren't elven cloaks magically clean?
Mine is so weathered it looks more like it's been vomited on...

That's weird because Xenomorph's video showed he had a very weathered cloak too - my cloak is virtually dry cleaner fresh in comparison. Same with the jacket; Xenomorph's was very weathered/lots of mud splatter - whereas mine is very clean :s hmm

Back