ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice design work. Did you cut the hair on the Aragorn or is that out of the box? Looks good. Waiting on mine from BBTS. I should get a Ringwraith as well.

Thanks! I haven't touched the hair yet. But I will be doing some plucking to thin it out.

The boxes are very nicely designed.

Thank you! :)

Great work man! I got my comp on Friday and was blown away by how well done the whole thing was. Classy box design man - well done!

Thanks man! What did you do on these? you sculpt the head?

I have a a spare Aragorn Special Version so if anybody wants him and you are in UK, you can have him for £240 shipped.

Got mine this morning (from Eamon, incidentally - cheers dude!) and it's fantastic. The quality of the accessories is outstanding, the materials used in the outfit are all nice and thin so drape properly, hair is not nearly as wayward as it appears in some photos. Base body is nice with tight joints. Brow furrows aren't anywhere near as noticeable in person

The weathering is a bit sloppy in places but not so bad that it needs redoing.

Really happy with it.

Just be careful - the straps are very thin so could easily break if you're too heavy handed putting it together and posing it

Your welcome kingbumble! :)

If ACI can keep to these standards (as I also just opened the Thracian General which also has hair), I think the future is looking very bright and I know they got some exciting stuff on the way.

Anybody know when Big Bad Toystore will be getting theirs in stock?

Just as a heads up, I've managed to source an exclusive Aragorn in the UK so I'm going to relinquish my order at BBTS - this means that there will be a spare available there in the next day or two. I'll post here just before i cancel the order in case anyone is after one

I don't but I just scored Kingbumble's cancelled one!!!:yess::yess::yess:

Last edited:
The more i look at it The more if confirms that it is now my favorite fig in my collection.

I think they got the licenses for greater China in these 2years for Hobbit & possibly LOTR. And Warners did told us few good reasons why they could not extend ACI licenses for more figures in coming 2 years when we discussed for extension. However, I suppose no single company could hold the licenses forever , not even ACI. So I am very optimistic ! I am here to speak very personal point of view, not official. But we will know what be happening soon! Thanks again for all your supports here! Stay tunned!

I echo denrep's sentiments. Really cool to have two known quantities from the forum heavily involved with these figures.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why they weren't allowed to renew the license?

The more i look at it The more if confirms that it is now my favorite fig in my collection.

My feelings exactly. I have him in a case next to HT Sparrow and I like it way more, never thought I would see the day. :yess:

Besides what good points have already been discussed (clothing, leather, weapons), I think the body also replicates the physique of Aragorn. Add the determined (not that typical spacing out look) facial expression and it looks like Viggo as Aragorn, not just Aragorn.
Got a Noble Anduríl, since I missed the special version. Sword is not pointed up because my case is too small, hehe.

256vbe8.jpg

Ringwraith arrived today and die cast armor is brilliant.

Unfortunately, I still have no movement on Aragorn. I ordered both thru same retailer Aragorn first two days later Ringwraith. Both came thru same port , Aragorn's been delayed almost 14 days whereas Ringwraith moved thru and delivered to me no issue. I assume Aragorn is misplaced or damaged.....awaiting response from retailer :mad:

Already have one on pre-order, but just caved in and bought a Special Edition as I fear the retailer might not get their stock after the license revoke.

Cant wait for him to arrive!

Fantastic pic, Egel. Took a quick shot of mine. It's great too see how much everyone loves this figure. ACI should be very proud.

Thanks guys. I get why people rip on the hair being too long, but don't pass on this figure because of it. I haven't cut mine or anything, flattened it a bit and tucked as much as possible under the cloak. The sculpt is soo good, massive kudus to Creg!

Back