ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures J&B. I am going to find one for sure then, it looks so nice and shiny. Although I am quite happy with the regular, I need to quench that nagging voice 'but you don't have Anduríl'.

I gotta say this one took me 100% by surprise. I always though ACI made off-license figures based on sword and shield characters. I never bought any of the ASMUS figures either, they were definitely tempting, but I never bit the bullet. I was lucky to snag one of the final preorders left on this guy.

Is it true the ACI ringwraith already arrived at BBTS?

How about this guy? I'm assuming ACI shipped Aragorn at roughly the same time as the ringwraith? Anybody here getting their shipping notice from a USA seller?

I'm going to have to pick up the noble sword becausewe the shiny finish and elven type. Maybe I'll cancel the Ex and save the $10 or just have a backup.

Wow, was just going to post that the Aragorn exclusive was in stock at Urban Samurai but double-checked and it's gone, now. Can't recall a release in a long while (especially at these price points) selling out everywhere so quickly. Hope ACI does get the license again in the future. I'd be down for the odd super high quality LOTR release from them.

I'm going to have to pick up the noble sword becausewe the shiny finish and elven type. Maybe I'll cancel the Ex and save the $10 or just have a backup.
For the $10.00, I'd keep the ex, personally. Only 100 made and no second run makes it a pretty coveted piece. I'm not usually someone that pays attention to ES but have to admit in this case, it did kind of draw me in (for the Ringwraith). Once these are sold out, I think they will be very difficult to acquire on the secondary market.

Last edited:
Wow, was just going to post that the Aragorn exclusive was in stock at Urban Samurai but double-checked and it's gone, now. Can't recall a release in a long while (especially at these price points) selling out everywhere so quickly.

I didn't see it myself, but I'd wager the in-stock notice at USH was a mistake. It hasn't shipped to North America yet, unless USH is importing them direct, but again that seems highly unlikely considering their PO price was so cheap to begin with. Cotswold, I think, gets them direct, they usually get ACI stuff before anybody else. ACI's NA distributor is slo-o-o-o-w.

It's too bad people didn't pre-order when it was up. It's not a "pre-order" if you order it after you see how it turned out in hand. But it's good that it sold out, keeps people on their toes. We need these kinds of sell outs to let people know that pre-orders ARE important.

Despite all that, I wouldn't be surprised to see them release a "Ranger Clothing Set and "Ranger Armor Set" like their Roman General part sets from a few months back. They can't make the figure anymore, but you can't copyright clothing soooooo. . . . I think people will be able to get what they want sooner or later.

Last edited:
Yeah, probably it was someone that cancelled their pre-order, so it went back in stock until another collector scooped it up. Happens all the time at BBTS. Anyone really wanting the Aragorn or LE Ringwraith should camp out there and check a few times a day. LE Ringwraith was briefly available last week and likely will be again before BBTS ships out. These are pretty expensive so I can see some cancellations when it comes time to pay.

Wow, was just going to post that the Aragorn exclusive was in stock at Urban Samurai but double-checked and it's gone, now.

I ordered it from Urban Samurai last week. I probably took the last one (non exclusive). Sorry :(

It has shipped yesterday. Really happy.

I ordered an exclusive on Urban Samurai yesterday. As soon as I did, it went back to "Out of Stock" status, so it must have been a cancelled order that I got.

wow, I love the metal blades! Made me look at other blades in general. I'd get them for some other figs too...
Nobel collection letter openers
some random other store with more letter openers

What do you guys reckon?

733891985_o.jpg

Huh. One went up and I snagged it there (exclusive) sold out again. Cancelling my BBTS one if anyone is still looking for one

Back