ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cloak should have quite a bit of weathering on it - lots of brown/orange/rust randomly spread around.

it does yes & looks absolute crap. There is parts where it looks as if they just tipped the can of paint on it, it was a few mm thick in places. The drama has got worse today. took the gauntlets off only to find they had stuck to the jacket & ripped the pleather crap off in a big chunk. the other side of the jacket arm had been ripped up where the gauntlet had been shoved on at the factory. i wouldnt even give this to my dog to play with!

Sorry to hear, almost sounds like some natural element effected it like water or heat. Or maybe you just got the one and only seriously defected one. I'll keep an eye out for any signs of deterioration like that on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after an expensive mistake i ended up ordering the asmus aragorn today. made a big mistake buying that piece of junk ACI version.
Possibly the worst figure i have ever bought & it wasnt cheap. Brand new special version unopened heres the nightmare i found upon opening it.

1. The body spun around as if it had no joints at the mid section.
2. Plastic tube for the stand shattered into pieces as soon as i tried to place it on the lug on the base.
3. The grey undershirt was covered in pink bleach spots all over it.
4. The belt, all the chepao pleather was lifting off the backing & had flaked in some places unusable.
5. All the straps on the sword sheaths were peeling.
6. The jacket pleather ripped off as soon as i took off the gauntlets they had stuck to the jacket & lifted off the material.
7. The cloak looked as if they had used it for cleaning dirty brushes who ever paints for this company need sacking!

I cannot believe how bad this thing was, instand refund & never will i buy anything by this company again which is a shame as i really wanted some ringwraiths but not taking the chance. keep hearing that no one has heard of any QC issues or any problems with this thing, i am going by my personal experience here & disgusted with the quality of something that was way over priced, will stick to asmus from now on.

Got any pics of all this?

K1024_DSC_0001.JPGK1024_DSC_0002.JPGK1024_DSC_0003.JPGK1024_DSC_0004.JPGK1024_DSC_0005.JPGK1024_DSC_0006.JPGK1024_DSC_0007.JPG

Here all the main problems with the outfit, dont have the base tube to show as it shattered into pieces & the body cant photo showing how loose it is, but you now see how bad this thing is. the last photo you see the chunk of pleather on the patch that was ripped out from the gauntlet.

God knows mate, i cant work out how the hell they got bleach or some chemical on it ? Cant even be re dyed as bleach burns the fabric & the new colour will never stick

Honestly, unless you're planning on displaying it without the jacket, you really cant even see much of that shirt.
The belt in my opinion doesnt also seem like a big deal.

Cant say I've followed this thread fully completely, but yours is the only one I can remember that has any issue.
I think its a great figure. Love mine.

Not a fan of the asmus version. Dont see any resemblance to Viggo. Looks like jesus to me.

The belt has just disintegrated into dust as i speak, utter rubbish, this happened to the belt on the HT Phil coulson, just rotted away, The pleather on that jacket has totally gone on the patch area on the right arm now,the way they moulded those gauntlets theres a sharp lip on the inside, it its just begging to rip into that jacket sleeve, it will only get worse.
This thing is a total QC nightmare & how the hell it left the factory in this state is beyond me, Always a silver lining though, got full refund & told to not send it back as it will be written off. Doubt i'll even use any part of it for a mix with asmus bits, dont trust any part of this outfit anymore.

Very lucky - you got the knife, the sword and scabbard and the quiver / bow / arrows all for free now.

The hands are great - the ring of Barahir is much more accurate than the Asmus - along with the weapons and the Lorien broach.

The inner tunic is great and the outer duster jacket (despite the flaw you mentioned) is far superior to the Asmus. You won't see the damage once the vambraces are on anyway.

I do like the cloak - the weathering hasn't been good on any that I've seen - but once it's on him, most of it is folded away at the back.

The belt is a shame because the pattern on it is excellent and very accurate. The belt on mine is waaaay to big - I would shorten it and maybe get rid of any damage.

The shirt looks weird - can't explain that - but again, it's totally covered. I'm looking at mine now and I don't even think I can see the shirt.

Mix and match a FREE ACI Aragorn with the Asmus and you have a superb figure.

Very lucky - you got the knife, the sword and scabbard and the quiver / bow / arrows all for free now.

The hands are great - the ring of Barahir is much more accurate than the Asmus - along with the weapons and the Lorien broach.

The inner tunic is great and the outer duster jacket (despite the flaw you mentioned) is far superior to the Asmus. You won't see the damage once the vambraces are on anyway.

I do like the cloak - the weathering hasn't been good on any that I've seen - but once it's on him, most of it is folded away at the back.

The belt is a shame because the pattern on it is excellent and very accurate. The belt on mine is waaaay to big - I would shorten it and maybe get rid of any damage.

The shirt looks weird - can't explain that - but again, it's totally covered. I'm looking at mine now and I don't even think I can see the shirt.

Mix and match a FREE ACI Aragorn with the Asmus and you have a superb figure.

yeah gonna see what i can do with the workable parts, just got the COO models narrow body today with the forearms being thinner the vambrace can slide further up so it hides the torn patch/sleeve.
Gonna send the asmus one back when it arrives as i was only gonna use the boots from it, can't justify spending £200 on a figure just for the fabric boots.
I was never gonna display this without the full outfit on so the shirt won't ever be seen like you say, just annoying knowing its damaged. Im gonna make my own belt for this using the darkest brown belt i can find i'll probably but 2 & glue them together to get the length & still working out how to brand in the same detail. its basically just 2 lines with diamond & circle in the middle. I'll figure it out :wink1:

Finally finished modding mine. Don't think I left anything stock other than maybe the arrows.
-Repainted and Rehaired headsculpt
-Replaced body with Worldbox Narrow
-Replaced all strings on both shirts
-Repainted Boots
-Custom pouch added to belt
-Repainted sword handle
-Modded Asmus bedroll
-Outfit repainted and weathered
-SS cape with ACI broach
27f66114eaf5b703bf326863d09a135e.jpg
a6a47509f1cd425fe4458d17fea45e50.jpg
5bfe90aab33ef0d213730aba62f0b37b.jpg
3abadd64c09f078751f53c8f91a1690b.jpg

Excellent modding Yoda!
He looks magnificent! :clap

What type of repainting did you do on the boots?
Did you completely repaint it or darken it?

Looks fantastic Yodasodabo! Top job. Love the weathering.

Excellent modding Yoda!
He looks magnificent! :clap

What type of repainting did you do on the boots?
Did you completely repaint it or darken it?

Thanks guys!
As for the boots, not a total repaint, just a couple layers over the stock paint. Safe to say there's no sign of the stock paint so pretty much a full repaint haha. Not totally satisfied with the color but I hope to find the Asmus boots one day.

Thanks guys!
As for the boots, not a total repaint, just a couple layers over the stock paint. Safe to say there's no sign of the stock paint so pretty much a full repaint haha. Not totally satisfied with the color but I hope to find the Asmus boots one day.

I think you did an excellent job on the boots. The problem with the stock is that it looks too plasticky.
I love the ACI Aragorn, but the boots have been always my little nitpick.
But with your repaint, it doesnt look plasticky.
Definitely need to to that repaint on mine sometime.

Back