ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went with the Amon Hen look, what do you guys think about the hair job I did?
beb57e241d9f7d2a5e823f3f76fc29ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Older figure, but does anyone have a Special Version one of these for sale? Preferably unopened/unmodded and with the box in excellent condition?

Older figure, but does anyone have a Special Version one of these for sale? Preferably unopened/unmodded and with the box in excellent condition?

It seems to be incredibly rare this piece. Ebay normally have some but the prices are massive. I think ACI said only 300 were produced?

Have a look on the 1/6 sales groups on Facebook - much more reasonable pricing.

It may be old, but it's still the best tailoring i've seen in this scale of figure. The materials used make it feel more valuable. I paid a high price for it, but i'll never have any regrets.

Whats a good replacement body for this, just got it today new & the the body is seriously loose around the mid section. legs & waist just flop so badly & cant dismantle the body as its not held together with screws.

Whats a good replacement body for this, just got it today new & the the body is seriously loose around the mid section. legs & waist just flop so badly & cant dismantle the body as its not held together with screws.

I used a world box narrow shoulder but it's a real pain undoing all the strings as they're basically bunched up sewing threads. Not even sure if you could do it without ruining them. I just cut them all and added cording. Recently finished fully customizing my figure and will post pics soon

yeah i thought maybe a narrow body would be the best way to go. Im far from impressed with this figure. seriously disappointed to be honest. straight out the box the pleather belt is flaking, all the straps on the swords are flaking The grey shirt has bleach spots all over it. The black tube for the stand shattered into pieces as soon as i tried to put it on the base,Then theres the unusable body which is just like jelly.

yeah i thought maybe a narrow body would be the best way to go. Im far from impressed with this figure. seriously disappointed to be honest. straight out the box the pleather belt is flaking, all the straps on the swords are flaking The grey shirt has bleach spots all over it. The black tube for the stand shattered into pieces as soon as i tried to put it on the base,Then theres the unusable body which is just like jelly.

Did you know all that before you bought it? First I'm hearing of any QC issues as this figure seems very durable and well made. I see no signs of those problems starting to form on my figure and I handled the pieces quite a lot from customizing. Could be from the previous owner

As for the body, yes a narrow shoulder would be closer to his actually body type and the world box I got fills the clothes pretty well. I'd get one with a neck piece, otherwise you'd see the gap.

No never knew, this was a sealed brand new special edition. Had never been opened. the only thing thats annoying me is the belt. it cant be replaced really as the asmus one dont have the pattern like this one i only noticed the flaking & the material lifting up when it was taken off.
Im considering getting the asmus version for some parts especially the fabric boots & would re-hair the armus sculpt for an extra look would use the asmus body on the ACI figure. prefer asmus's cloak too

Did you know all that before you bought it? First I'm hearing of any QC issues as this figure seems very durable and well made. I see no signs of those problems starting to form on my figure and I handled the pieces quite a lot from customizing. Could be from the previous owner

Yeah, Little Aragorn went for a roundtrip to NZ with me and was pretty abused but nothing went wrong. The Nazgul body, on the other hand, went brittle under the weight of the tights.

SithThundercracker your awesome Aragorn pics made me pick this figure up (and down the LOTR figure collecting rabbit hole I went).

Nevermore bad luck with your belt, that's the first I've heard of that problem. The Asmus boots and head (once re-haired) are really good. I did not like the Asmus body though and found it to be brittle (I broke a wrist peg instantly so be careful). My favorite cloak is still the sideshow one but I do like the drape on the ACI cloak.

yeah its a shame been looking forward to getting this, I hate pleather. since the HT blade trousers flaked & the Angelica boots flaked to pieces ive always hated it, was just a shock that so much went wrong so quick, put a right downer on finally getting it.

First I've ever heard of problems with this figure. Maybe it's worn away whilst in the box.

dunno pal, the material on the belt is actually lifting up off the backing. i managed to stick it back down on the sword sheath straps but the belt looks horrible, all creased & bubbled. Just got the cape out now im beyond words how bad it is, i'd say they cleaned all the dirty brushes with it, totally shocking who ever they get to do weathering, nothing will get it off either, tried alcohol & washing it, it wont budge its like cement. overall a total let down. At this point i cannot give one positive word for any of it.

dunno pal, the material on the belt is actually lifting up off the backing. i managed to stick it back down on the sword sheath straps but the belt looks horrible, all creased & bubbled. Just got the cape out now im beyond words how bad it is, i'd say they cleaned all the dirty brushes with it, totally shocking who ever they get to do weathering, nothing will get it off either, tried alcohol & washing it, it wont budge its like cement. overall a total let down. At this point i cannot give one positive word for any of it.

The cloak should have quite a bit of weathering on it - lots of brown/orange/rust randomly spread around.

Back