Accurizing your SSC 1/6 Raiders Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing about the Pro - people have reported a loose head and neck, but I've found if you just press down it snaps into place.

I get mine tomorrow. So I'll find out how I feel about it but people are going to switch out still SS making a new body was kind of silly.

Hey Coco, that setup looks pretty good. What shoes are you using on the TT. Indy might arrive tomorrow for me.

Just got mine and I've swapped the body out for a TT. I've got a relic hunter shirt coming which I'll more than likely use. I've also got a relic hunter jacket coming too but the SS one is really pretty nice. It definitely needs a repaint.

I also used a couple Jedi hands in the pic since Indy didn't come with either a relaxed hand or any gripping hands. The boots are just something I had but with a little paint I think they'll do just fine.

I've never had any relic hunter parts in hand so I can't compare them. The jacket isn't probably any better than SS's cause they're jacket is pretty nice.

As far as the TT is concerned even if the Prom that came with my Indy wasn't loose as a goose I'd still replace it simply because the shoulders of the TT look better for Indy and the feet are easier to pose than the Prom too. That's just me though. I've seen plenty of pics that made the Prom look good though.

Harrison Ford is a chronic sloucher though, so I don't know how "accurate" the TT would make him look. I agree, it does fill out the jacket nicer, but his shoulders didn't seem that wide:

indy4seanconneryharrisonford.jpg

One more thing about the Pro - people have reported a loose head and neck, but I've found if you just press down it snaps into place.

Hmm... I will try this.

Someone on another board also mentioned putting it in a freezer for about 15 minutes. Apparently the joints supposedly congeal better that way. :huh

Hey Coco, that setup looks pretty good. What shoes are you using on the TT. Indy might arrive tomorrow for me.

They are bbi Elite Force WWII shoes. They look good as is but would look even better with a repaint. They fit and move great on the True Type.

Harrison Ford is a chronic sloucher though, so I don't know how "accurate" the TT would make him look. I agree, it does fill out the jacket nicer, but his shoulders didn't seem that wide:[/CENTER]

The sculpt is beautiful but just a little large. The TT balances it out really nicely IMHO. I've got a suit on the Prom for Dr. Jones right now and the shoulders aren't an issue with the bulk of the fabric.

Actually, Wor, save the white shirt, I think it is the Giles suit. Same pattern, vest and tie. The only difference is the bit of matching handkerchief.

Can't be. Giles has clear stitching on the vest and the lapels, and this one doesn't. That's why I like it. Drop it into brown dye for a quick bath and its perfect.

No visible stitching like the giles suit. I like the the look but it does need a water treatment to make it hang right. Nice pick up.

Can't be. Giles has clear stitching on the vest and the lapels, and this one doesn't. That's why I like it. Drop it into brown dye for a quick bath and its perfect.

Maybe the Dragon one then? But that didn't come with a vest. The tie on the other hand, gotta be Giles. It's just too hokey. :lol

Yeah, it's not the Giles suit. I actually think it's a Ken doll suit.:eek:
And the brown dye bath is a great idea. I may have to try that.

Is it my imagination or is the holster in the Cairo Swordsman scene much smaller than that holster other times, even in the same scene?

And the hat appears to be lighter/browner through most of the film, but in the final scene on the steps of the government building it looks almost exactly like the color of the figure's hat.

Of course, storywise, that's probably a new hat.

And the hat appears to be lighter/browner through most of the film, but in the final scene on the steps of the government building it looks almost exactly like the color of the figure's hat.

Of course, storywise, that's probably a new hat.

The hat looks lighter in the Cairo scenes due to the lighting. In reality, the adventure hats used for RAIDERS were a much lighter, almost reddish brown than most think.

And the hat he's wearing at the end (and in the travel scenes) is indeed a completely different hat, color and all.

Back