Accurizing your SSC 1/6 Raiders Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not just SW fans... guess anything LFL can be a battleground :lol

Didn't realize the straps on his jacket were a different material, I don't have the figure yet and hadn't seen any photos of the back of the jacket.

I started this thread because there are some valid comments to be made on this subject. I don't believe anyone was driven away - everyone has a right to their opinion - but we all need to be able to express that opinion in a way that doesn't alienate other members.

So the tightening straps on the jacket should be the same material as the jacket?

I have one of the Wested Leather Raiders jackets. The straps on those are the same type leather as the rest of the jacket. But honestly, I remember reading that the jackets were modified by production team. I don't remember the details and don't want my @ss handed to me by some for saying the wrong thing.

Personally, from pictures, I noticed a few thing that aren't 100% screen accurate. But, none of the Indy figures are. So what? It looks like a great figure. I won't say for certain until it's in my hand. That should be by the end of this week.

Even if it has more inaccuracies than anyone here has said. I'll be happy. It's definitely cheaper than Medicom, which I have, and Toys McCoy, which I might never own.

There is no reason for anyone on this board to get ugly with each other. It's uncalled for and honestly, immature. Let's rise above it.

I started this thread because there are some valid comments to be made on this subject. I don't believe anyone was driven away - everyone has a right to their opinion - but we all need to be able to express that opinion in a way that doesn't alienate other members.

But Agent5 was basically driven away, Dave. He wasn't able to express his criticisms on the inaccuracies without catching a rash of ^^^^ personally for nothing more than his "negative" opinion. Go back and read that thread (and all of the back-and-forth posts) and you will see why he was quickly turned off from this board.

And here's the difference between some of us... You never saw Agent 5, myself or anyone else jumping on those who are happy with the figure. Glad for them. It was definitely the other way around, though. And that's what's wrong if your intent is to have a forum where people can express their opinions without being personally attacked. And it's a goddamned frustrating shame that it happens all the time, and seems to have increased lately.

I love this place. I have made plenty of what I consider actual friends here (including you Dave, enough though I know you have a space saved on your wall for my head someday)... even those who I disagree with most of the time. And that's just the thing. We don't need to agree on everything. Hell, it would be downright boring if we did. And no opinion should be discounted whether it's negative or Pollyanna. I hope Agent 5 cools off and returns, because he could be a valuable contributor to the INDY section of these boards. But I know how he feels. I've caught crap from the same crowd for daring to speak my mind in a critical way. But I guess the difference is that I'm used to it and know how this place works. Also, I can shield myself from personal attacks by being a spiteful Irish prick when I need to be. :lol

At the end of the day, unless someone makes a post that is clearly over the line or attacks someone personally, then they should be engaged in an impersonal way.

Here's an example: I disagree with certain folks on a ton of issues. But that's cool. I have no problem with them seeing the collecting world from a very different perspective. Good on 'em. I do, however, have a problem with some of their posting styles and the propensity to be attack dogs whenever anyone has a critical opinion. The same goes for the true "haters" who can't seem to stand when people are happy with something.

You can disagree and question someone's opinion without attempting to make them apologize or feel bad or wrong for having it. Obviously, that seems to be a dying art. :(

Last edited:
Well, I'm not as much of a stickler for detail as Agent 5 is but he and I are both members of Club Obi Wan and the man KNOWS everything you need to know about Raiders of the Lost Ark, especially Indy's outfit in the picture.

I'm a big fan of that particular "look" myself because believe it or not there are differences between his look in all four pictures and I personally think in Raiders he looked the best.

Now as far as the jacket goes the side straps on the leather jacket should NOT be webbing type of material, like some have already said, they are leather....

I don't have my figure yet, it should be here Tuesday....So I can't really say for sure how far the color of the hat is off. Right now from what I see it's a little dark but I don't think it's horribly off....

The coiled up whip's handle shouldn't be bending at the top but it's not a big issue because I understand it's a sculpt and it's something that could be very easily overlooked......I think sculpters like artists should be allowed a little bit of "creative freedom"....

The pants on the figure look a little bit to grey to me but then again that might all have to do with the lighting. I personally would like to see them a little more brownish....

The shirt color, from the photos , looks a little to white and could definitely use more of a kaki color.....Ironically I think the Relic Raider figures shirt looks more like the correct color.......

I'm kinda back and forth on the jacket right now. I definitely want to distress it and maybe add some dirt. I think it has the potential to look really good.

I'm still not sure why those studs are even on the jacket? Do they serve any purpose at all? If not I'd clip them off as soon as I got it.

I also wondering if there's something that could be found at a hardware store that could be used as a metal keeper for the gunbelt. I can't imagine there isn't something that wouldn't work perfectly to replace the leather version their using now with the figure.

:lecture

I'm still pissed some of our more aggressive Sideshow Apologists ran him off and that the mods allowed the pile-on to happen in the first place. He probably knows and cares more about INDY than anyone here (myself and murderofcrows included) and was admonished for daring to criticize Sideshow's 12" Indy figure (which I am content with but can acknowledge has its weak points). He wasn't even that over-the-top in his criticisms (unlike those who attacked HIM).

Just for clarification, I've got a job that doesn't allow me to sit in front of the computer screen all day passing out internet demerits and when I'm home I've got two little ones that need attention. When I was able to check what was going on in the thread I did my part to put a stop to it but by that time agent5 had already made the call to leave. This mod in no way allowed any pile-on to happen.

Just for clarification, I've got a job that doesn't allow me to sit in front of the computer screen all day passing out internet demerits.

Wait, I thought that was your job. :p Kidding!

Seriously, I understand. And my post wasn't an indictment on you directly. I just think some posters have been getting away with a bit too much lately is all. But that's not my decision to make. Just my personal opinion (and we all know how much those are valued around here :lol )

I read the thread pretty much after it was well under way - but this isn't a homogeneous forum - not everyone is going to think the same and while people need to be able to express their opinion without getting offensive, there also needs to be a little thick-skinned-ness also.

I also wondering if there's something that could be found at a hardware store that could be used as a metal keeper for the gunbelt. I can't imagine there isn't something that wouldn't work perfectly to replace the leather version their using now with the figure.

Paper clip bent the right way with some needle nose pliars should work

I read the thread pretty much after it was well under way - but this isn't a homogeneous forum - not everyone is going to think the same and while people need to be able to express their opinion without getting offensive, there also needs to be a little thick-skinned-ness also.

Tell that to Moe Joseph...that boy got some smack talked to him recently...some of it well out of order. Admittedly he brought it on himself but it seems some freaks get a loose leash more so than others on this board...

Could I propose we keep this particular thread on-topic (about how to fix inaccuracies of the Sideshow Indy) and talk about any more perceived lack of civility or moderation elsewhere? It's worthwhile discussion but makes it harder to find the meat when you want to actually do stuff to your Indy....

Could I propose we keep this particular thread on-topic (about how to fix inaccuracies of the Sideshow Indy) and talk about any more perceived lack of civility or moderation elsewhere? It's worthwhile discussion but makes it harder to find the meat when you want to actually do stuff to your Indy....

:lecture :lecture :lecture

You wanna do what to your Indy? Something about hard and meat?:D

Seriously, I just want to see a weathering tutorial. That's all I need.

Tell that to Moe Joseph!

J/K, I don't know Moe Joseph, nor what kind of "smackdwon" he received...Not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone...I just like the ring that has to it..."Tell that to Moe Joseph!".

Anway, I see no harm in this thread or anyone pointing out the inaccuracies on the figure. I find it quite educational. I am a big Indy fan, but I can honestly say that I have not studied the nuances of the costumes like some folks have, so it is kind of interesting. I am not gonna slam Sideshow for not getting every single button and snap in the right place or the correct number of eyelets in his boots, but I can see how that sort of thing would be frustrating for some folks.

Personally, I am quite happy with my Indy, but there are little things that bother me about it. I don't care for the pull tabs on the back of the jacket being a different material and I think the flap on the holster looks a little off, though I can't quite put my finger on it. In the end though, the figure as whole far overshadows the "little things" for me.

Just got mine and I've swapped the body out for a TT. I've got a relic hunter shirt coming which I'll more than likely use. I've also got a relic hunter jacket coming too but the SS one is really pretty nice. It definitely needs a repaint.

I also used a couple Jedi hands in the pic since Indy didn't come with either a relaxed hand or any gripping hands. The boots are just something I had but with a little paint I think they'll do just fine.

Just got mine and I've swapped the body out for a TT. I've got a relic hunter shirt coming which I'll more than likely use. I've also got a relic hunter jacket coming too but the SS one is really pretty nice. It definitely needs a repaint.

I also used a couple Jedi hands in the pic since Indy didn't come with either a relaxed hand or any gripping hands. The boots are just something I had but with a little paint I think they'll do just fine.

Wow, shoulders look much better with the TT...
nice!
Thanks for sharing!!

Hi everyone, new guy here. My Indy just arrived and I love him, but I'm seriously considering making him as perfect as I possibly can. I'm likely going to do some weathering and maybe even attempt some repainting...but the big area is replacing the body.

I'm a 12" novice, so I don't really know about different bodies, but from what I've gathered, besides the feet...are the Prometheus and the True Type bodies completely compatible? Will Indy's hands still work with it? Thanks.

I don't why to slam anyone - but using any part of the relic hunter seems like 3 steps back. I'd say that's true of the TT body as well, but maybe I got lucky with the pro.

Hi everyone, new guy here. My Indy just arrived and I love him, but I'm seriously considering making him as perfect as I possibly can. I'm likely going to do some weathering and maybe even attempt some repainting...but the big area is replacing the body.

I'm a 12" novice, so I don't really know about different bodies, but from what I've gathered, besides the feet...are the Prometheus and the True Type bodies completely compatible? Will Indy's hands still work with it? Thanks.

So far I've found that the Prom and the TT are not totally compatible. The old TT wrists will definitely not work with SS hands but the newly redisigned TT wrist pegs will work with the SS Buck hands and the Prom hands will fit on the new TT but are extremely loose and will barely stay on. Hope that helps!

I don't why to slam anyone - but using any part of the relic hunter seems like 3 steps back. I'd say that's true of the TT body as well, but maybe I got lucky with the pro.

I've never had any relic hunter parts in hand so I can't compare them. The jacket isn't probably any better than SS's cause they're jacket is pretty nice.

As far as the TT is concerned even if the Prom that came with my Indy wasn't loose as a goose I'd still replace it simply because the shoulders of the TT look better for Indy and the feet are easier to pose than the Prom too. That's just me though. I've seen plenty of pics that made the Prom look good though.

I guess I got lucky too then, I haven't had any issues with the Pro. I wouldn't go so far as to say he is "stiff", definitely not like some of the bucks I have gotten, where some of the joints were almost frozen, but certainly not a floppy rag doll like some have reported.

Back