Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

AH finally more progress to report...

Lou is finally caught up to Bud and now his tie and apron are done!

The tie which I thought would be simple wasn't. This is my third try at making it. The silk material was difficult to work with, it just was hard to get it to do what I wanted it to do. There was no sewing involved with the tie, I used bias tape and ironed the seams together.

Here are some shots of my progress...

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

Thanks so much for looking in and leaving a comment Nam!

nicely done...just wish they were black n white....grats

Adolpho, I'm sticking with them in color, I can always photoshop my photos to make them black and white.

Sean and Jerry, I can always count on you two guys checking in. You both always have nice things to say and I thank you both!

How are the "Buck Privates" going Jerry?

Sean, any progress on Stan and Ollie? I'm really looking forward to seeing some pics of the sculpts. I hope you are nearing the point when they are complete enough to show some work in progress shots.

Adolpho, I'm sticking with them in color, I can always photoshop my photos to make them black and white.

Sean and Jerry, I can always count on you two guys checking in. You both always have nice things to say and I thank you both!

How are the "Buck Privates" going Jerry?

Sean, any progress on Stan and Ollie? I'm really looking forward to seeing some pics of the sculpts. I hope you are nearing the point when they are complete enough to show some work in progress shots.

I do have Ollie basically completely sculpted but have been a little leery of starting Stan as I think he'll be much more difficult. I think think if I utterly fail with Stan then the whole thing will be somewhat pointless, hence my reservation about thinking of it as a for sure thing. Anyway- we'll see. Plan to get to it over the Christmas holidays.

Sean

I think, if you can sculpt Ollie, you can get Stan done as well. Just think positive and do your best. I know you can do it!

I agree with you about Oliver without Stanley... it is kind of pointless.

It was done once and it was called "Zenobia" in 1939 and, in fact, it was kind of pointless. Unless you really like elephants.

Sean,

I've been a fan of L & H as well, and have been on the lookout for 1/6 scale heads...I came across the following link and am toying with the idea of buying one of the many busts that the website has (Sons of the Desert link is below), sawing of the heads and using them for a 1/6 action figure...what do you think? Jim..thoughts? The busts are 4 1/2 inches so I'm thinking they will work...

https://www.laurelandhardy.org/Catalogue3.htm

I've been to this site before and I love the sculpts. They would surely work if they were the right size, they are probably real close... But there is no telling without having them in hand. These busts have been nagging me for quite a few years.

I just don't know if they are worth the investment if they won't work with 1/6th bodies.

Sean,

I've been a fan of L & H as well, and have been on the lookout for 1/6 scale heads...I came across the following link and am toying with the idea of buying one of the many busts that the website has (Sons of the Desert link is below), sawing of the heads and using them for a 1/6 action figure...what do you think? Jim..thoughts? The busts are 4 1/2 inches so I'm thinking they will work...

https://www.laurelandhardy.org/Catalogue3.htm

Yeah, I wrote to them a long time ago and asked what scale those were. But they were very vague with their answer. They sort of answered (which wasn't very clear) and then asked why I wanted to know. Being that it was too complex to explain and they'd likely think I was going to recast and sell their stuff I just forgot about it.

Sean

I just sent them an email and asked if their heads were about 38-40mm between the point of the chin and the top of the head...I'll let you know what I find out...
Good to know we all think alike...they are not worth the price if they will not fit...thanks guys!

JJ your work looks great. I love that film and can't wait to see your finished versions.
Regarding the busts, rather than explain to people what I want things for I will often ask if they can just take a photo next to a ruler. Then I can see the size accurately for myself and not rely on someone whose measurement may be off [like Ada Chan when she includes hair height in the face size]

Thanks so much I-man...

Your opinion means a lot to me, knowing your love for the movie...

Sorry I haven't been in here more to show support. Working on trying to get so much done and in the end, having nothing to show. :(
Anyway, I am always watching and you have me seriously considering adding Chick and Wilbur to my collection.

I hope you eventually pull the trigger and purchase these sculpts, I-man. Alex did a wonderful job making these two comic icons.

Loved me some Abbott and Costello as a kid as well.. Who's on first is one of my favs......I like that Frankenstein....he has a farmer's tan

Back