Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Jim,

Yep, and those are the minor revisions that I have already recommended to Spenser. He is currently working on them. As I keep looking at the pics, even if he offered them as is, they are great sculpts. They have already gotten favorable responses on the L & H forum, one mentioning that they are the best sculpts he has seen of them. And they are way better than the previous sculpts I found of them (remember?)...

I am getting excited as I know Spenser's work, and he will not disappoint. He said that he will do the best to feather back the hair, make it thicker, but he also said that he has to consider the hat to sit nicely on the head...wow, would you have believed we would be this close? And you started it with Bud and Lou! Hey, all we need now is Groucho...(btw, I'm not tackling that one...any takers?)...

Last edited:

Yeah, no doubt about it, they are the best sculpts I've seen of Stan and Ollie. I love that you can see the twinkle in Mr Hardy's eyes even at this early stage.

I'm also glad that we agree on the things that need to be changed.

I just about have finished Bud Abbott's pants. I just need to sew in the belt loops and fashion a belt. I have already purchased a watch buckle for the belt buckle.

I'll post a few pics when the pants and belt are done which should be in the next few days.

Then I'll be starting on Lou Costello's pants.

Thanks so much Guinness, I appreciate you taking the time to look in!

I just finished Bud's pants, the belt loops are in and the belt is made.

Drop in tomorrow when I will post some pictures.

As promised, here are some shots of Bud with his new pair of pants...

The shirt looks a little rumpled because I will be sewing Abbott into it once the head is painted and glued on to the neck. I just don't like the look of snaps to fasten the shirt.

I think they came out better than I had any right to hope to think they would. These are my first pair of 1/6th pants. In making them it was like putting together a puzzle, a puzzle where I had to make the pieces and put it together as well. I also impressed myself that I didn't have to make anything over, it was all in my first try. That is a first for me. I just wish I knew how to put pockets in... I guess it doesn't matter since they wouldn't be visible once the apron is put on.

Lou's pants should come together nicely now that I have the methodology down. I'm just dreading doing the jackets since they are far more complex.

Here are some pics... Enjoy!

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Last edited:

I have a pretty cool resin kit from this movie. I have not painted but one day I will

Many thanks for your comments, guys. I really appreciate your thoughts!

Hey, great job jungle Jim!

I've been busy too...the boys are back in Army skivvies...

"Hey Lou, can I borrow $50?!"

b18505bb.jpg

9de57052.jpg

3dd18901.jpg

I plan to post more pictures on the other A & C thread in the next week or so, so as to not take up space here...

We are also very close to a Laurel and Hardy thread (week(s))...

Hey Jerry!

Your Bud and Lou are looking great. I see you have tracked down the perfect "Smokey Bear" hat for Lou, very screen accurate. Have you managed to find some pants for him?

I love that you have them posed in front of the lunch counter it reminds me of the scene in "Keep em Flying".

Abbott: Order something small...
Costello: Alright, I'll have a small steak.

I also noticed the 1/6 dice on the counter, nice touch!

Don't worry about taking up space on this thread with your stuff, I'm happy to have your contributions and love the pics.

Great to hear about Stan and Ollie. I can't wait to see how the sculpts are progressing. I can't wait to get a set.

Thanks Jim!

Yeah, those counter scenes are hilarious...

I have found a great source for "fat pants" at reasonable prices ($8-$12 each, depending on if you want belt loops, pockets, etc.). I am awaiting Lou's pants any day in olive green, and will post some pics when I receive them. I took the measurements from the blue fat pair that I had and forwarded them to be recreated, so they should turn out good. Will let you know, and post the source if they turn out ok...

The pants that Lou is wearing in the previous pics (which you can't see) are ok, but I have to keep his shirt tails out as they are snug. I hope this new pair will allow me to tuck his shirt in and wear a belt as well...

Thanks Jim!

Yeah, those counter scenes are hilarious...

I have found a great source for "fat pants" at reasonable prices ($8-$12 each, depending on if you want belt loops, pockets, etc.). I am awaiting Lou's pants any day in olive green, and will post some pics when I receive them. I took the measurements from the blue fat pair that I had and forwarded them to be recreated, so they should turn out good. Will let you know, and post the source if they turn out ok...

The pants that Lou is wearing in the previous pics (which you can't see) are ok, but I have to keep his shirt tails out as they are snug. I hope this new pair will allow me to tuck his shirt in and wear a belt as well...

Those look great! Who is your source for fat pants? I need some for a few customs.

Sean

I, also, would be interested it the "fat pants" not for Lou since I want all scratch built clothes for Abbott and Costello.

I would be interested in them for Mr Hardy once the sculpts of Stan and Ollie are done. If I can get the pants for $12 it is really not worth my time to sew them.

I want to make sure that the pants are perfect before I release the source...I will let you guys know anyway, of course, but it will be more fun to post a picture of a completed Lou for you both to take a look.

The pants will definitely fit Mr Hardy, but may be a little long in length for Lou, in which case I will roll up the cuffs inside.

Here is a pic of the measurements:

636caaf2.jpg

Ok everyone...

Here is a pic of the boys (and Lou has his new pants from Project Are Outfitters). They will begin offering fat suits and fat pants from now on. I thought it fitting that I post some pics on the original thread where the heads are for sale, to encourage others to jump in. You can find more pics there. Although Lou's pants are a bit long and could stand to be shortened (because I have him in a short body), the length will fit Oliver Hardy perfectly...and Action Are Outfitters are really easy to work with, and very reasonable in price...

79c8268f.jpg

Here is the link to Project Are Outfitters:
https://www.project-are.com/areframe.htm

Here is a link to the other thread to see more pics:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91560&highlight=Abbott&page=17

Last edited:

Some final pics with everything complete:

"You're a lucky fella Mr. Smith"

05c3efa0.jpg

165f2fd7.jpg

71cd28a9.jpg

4f5c63ac.jpg
bfe354e5.jpg

Awesome!!! Love it the whole diorama, so cool! Now you just need the Andrews Sisters. Was the bar custom made?

Do you have to write to Project Are to inquire about the pants or are they listed somewhere (took a quick look but didn't see them).

Sean

Thanks Sean!

All the pieces are from the Bratz Soda Shop that is listed on eBay from time to time. I raised everything up with a one inch base...

Send an email to Project Are (Skip is his name) and ask for a pair of fat pants. If you look at their regular pants page, you will see the colors that they have, and whether you want pants with belt loops, pockets, or just plain. He has the measurements already, but you can also refer to the measurements that I previously posted above.

I also ordered two other pair for a Mr. Hardy figure that I am preparing, and they fit nicely.

Last edited:
Back